Dot and dab tips

Members online

If ur hands are f**k*d aswell like mine for cutting sockets instead of banging board with ur hand to mark the imprint of back of a socket chalk around the face of the socket then it just needs a gentle tap and ull have the outline of a socket in chalk..my hands are f**k*d from thumping boards to get the imprint of a socket
I already do tht mate. My fingers get a bit sore from running tape n knife down bord but other tht my hands r not 2 bad. Hate it when cold weathers here tho n get little splits on finger tips

I already do tht mate. My fingers get a bit sore from running tape n knife down bord but other tht my hands r not 2 bad. Hate it when cold weathers here tho n get little splits on finger tips
Gloves..or put a plaster on ur running finger or some electrical tape

No time for tht on site mate but if was a job of my own then probably would do this
:risas: No time to wipe muck off the board? How long would it take. Sounds like you're pretty slow so you should have plenty of time to make the work look decent at least.

Cut them a couple of inch short then us a foot lever to lift them put your packers I you will get tighter joint at the ceilings. Use one set of packers leaning the board on the next one. If it a small cupboard cut one side of the board then fold it in half then open it back up inside the cupboard.

With all these tips this man is going to be like grease lightning 2mz
Dont really get much stuff on bords to be fair. N why sponge it when u can give it a quick scrape with trowel
:risas: No time to wipe muck off the board? How long would it take. Sounds like you're pretty slow so you should have plenty of time to make the work look decent at least.
Hahaha it jst needs a quick scrape with trowel pal. Not getting washing bowl n sponge out

Dont really get much stuff on bords to be fair. N why sponge it when u can give it a quick scrape with trowel

Hahaha it jst needs a quick scrape with trowel pal. Not getting washing bowl n sponge out
It just looks tidier than white marks over the boards, if work looks neat and tidy people don't look for fault. Works for me.

Long and big walls, especially corridors I always use laser . Set the lines and fix some gipline brackets on the wall , cut them just like you will do the gipline . This way you know how much adhesive you need on the different parts of the wall , which will reduce the banging and shifting the boards. You will feel it when the board touches the bracket and s spot n levelled .Precision at its best. Never saw anyone doing it so far , but for me works best.

Mark the wall at 120 intervals Cut out your sockets mix the gear put the gear on the wall place boards on the wall,tap in with straight edge.Tap the ceiling and skirting board lines .Square the internal angles with the corner of plasterboard if you havent got a square.Job done.

It just looks tidier than white marks over the boards, if work looks neat and tidy people don't look for fault. Works for me.
Ye but do u work on a site? Or are u sticking 5 boards on? Last thing on my mind after going thru a pallet of boards is going round with a sponge tbh

Cheers for this tip never herd this 1. Gunna definitely try this .
Once you get the hang of it it makes the job quicker

But it takes a bit to get used to the method
But in reality your only arsing about with the corner boards the runs in between are dab and slap

Obviously if it's a 3 board wall don't bother

Ye but do u work on a site? Or are u sticking 5 boards on? Last thing on my mind after going thru a pallet of boards is going round with a sponge tbh
Site work and refurbs mainly, clean as you go or get someone else to do it.

Site work and refurbs mainly, clean as you go or get someone else to do it.

Chalk line lol.

There's a straight edge/level with a bubble in the middle that will tell you everything you need to know!

So a spirit level and a straight edge tells you everything?
I suppose these tell you everything's square as well?
You don't see a brickie build freehand do you? He builds his coins either end of the wall runs a string line and fills in the middle. Plastering must be the only trade where it's the norm to just go freehand, whether it be dabbing or floating we should all be more thorough. In our approach. It's never going to happen though because I for one wouldn't bother.

Set square in the corners the big one though what roofers youse you can't go wrong top middle and bottom.
I use a smaller one too on the reveals I find its best to stick the reveals on first and providing the windows are level so you can follow them.
I'm domestic plasterer on average between 10-15 boards 8"4.
Jmcl i I see what you mean when your rooms pretty square but if it's running diagonally it won't work! I'd say always start from the highest point of the wall and follow either side of the board how you combat that problem.