Desperately seeking a spread or good improver.

Speaking to joiner who does all my work .80 year old so when he talks if you got half a brain you listen as you know he knows what he.s on about.
He said he.s just shoved his prices up as there's just no young tradesmen . He said anyone who learns everything bout a certain trade now at about 20 will be coining it in when there 40 as demand will be so high
It's just finding the little fukers

Night mare mate and when you do they want to call the shots.job.s dieing if no one is coming thru.
Just means more eastern Europeans.aint arsed no more come to the conclusion there all fannies the youngens

I.vw told my lad to f**k of and get with someone who can show him more but he.s happy skimming .freaks when boarding and roughing so I tend to stick to that and let him follow. Which suits me lol

If i skimmed day in day out i think id hang myself..its bottom of the chain plastering wise..young ens want £400 a week these days straight off the bat..luckily we have a young lad at min whos been with us a year and half and hes a good grafter hes not far past 20 and on £300 a week which is more than fair

• Agree
Reactions: Djr
If i skimmed day in day out i think id hang myself..its bottom of the chain plastering wise..young ens want £400 a week these days straight off the bat..luckily we have a young lad at min whos been with us a year and half and hes a good grafter hes not far past 20 and on £300 a week which is more than fair
My lad can make 740 if he does 7 days . Think he.s getting paid to much lol. But he thinks note to grabbing 2 bags at a time and gets everything set up fast as f**k

My lad can make 740 if he does 7 days . Think he.s getting paid to much lol. But he thinks note to grabbing 2 bags at a time and gets everything set up fast as f**k
Ye we are fast and trying to drill it into lad as hes not the quickest but hes getting there..he only wrks about 30 hrs a week so he aint getting no more than £300 a week..when there get to the point of wanting proper money its time for them to fly away

Ye we are fast and trying to drill it into lad as hes not the quickest but hes getting there..he only wrks about 30 hrs a week so he aint getting no more than £300 a week..when there get to the point of wanting proper money its time for them to fly away
I dont mind paying him good wage . He will stop late if needed and understands that I need to make my wage first so takes rough with smooth.

I dont mind paying him good wage . He will stop late if needed and understands that I need to make my wage first so takes rough with smooth.
How old is he? Cant see my lad getting into it..can tell already hes not cut out for it lol

How old is he? Cant see my lad getting into it..can tell already hes not cut out for it lol
He's 21 . He.s not my lad . He.s a good kid had lot of pain in life.
Took him under me wing abit. Though some mornings he gets in van and says morning and I could just smack him . But feeling goes as day goes on lol. Don't think i want any of my kids doing this with pains I get.
I tell em to be a mechanic or hair dresser as they will always be busy if there good

Ye lad who wrks with us i could nut him here and there right cheeky t**t sometimes..money is in tattoo artists..mine charges £80 a hour and only does 2 or 4 hour sittings! So i charged him £650 for a box room that took me 5 hours..swings n roundabouts

Ye lad who wrks with us i could nut him here and there right cheeky t**t sometimes..money is in tattoo artists..mine charges £80 a hour and only does 2 or 4 hour sittings! So i charged him £650 for a box room that took me 5 hours..swings n roundabouts
Been ponder over a new tat but seem to hurt more as i get older lol.

Speaking to joiner who does all my work .80 year old so when he talks if you got half a brain you listen as you know he knows what he.s on about.
He said he.s just shoved his prices up as there's just no young tradesmen . He said anyone who learns everything bout a certain trade now at about 20 will be coining it in when there 40 as demand will be so high

they told me the same thing in the 1960s.

So labour wise what we all saying then for a total new beginner £35 a day maybe upto £50 if they are ok
I’m in catch 22 I have been all my life ideally would like help moving stuff and loading etc essentially, not that hard at all really but atm would struggle to employ fulltime as diary changes so much in terms of size jobs I do

They were saying that when I started at sixteen.

So labour wise what we all saying then for a total new beginner £35 a day maybe upto £50 if they are ok
I’m in catch 22 I have been all my life ideally would like help moving stuff and loading etc essentially, not that hard at all really but atm would struggle to employ fulltime as diary changes so much in terms of size jobs I do
Minimum wage for an 18-20 year old is £5.90, that's £47.20 for an eight hour day and being properly employed, holiday pay etc.. Why would anyone want to work for minimum wage when just helping out a tradesman?

Minimum wage for an 18-20 year old is £5.90, that's £47.20 for an eight hour day and being properly employed, holiday pay etc.. Why would anyone want to work for minimum wage when just helping out a tradesman?
Put like that I see your point mate , maybe this is why there is no one wanting to do work, it’s like this lad who asked me the other day if had any work I said sure yes can sort a bit out see how we go but he was insistent on having a full time apprenticeship tbh I said straight that would have 0% benefit for me at all, everyone is one week away from the dole in this game weather they like that idea or not it’s true and if they can’t deal with that then get out the kitchen I say

Put like that I see your point mate , maybe this is why there is no one wanting to do work, it’s like this lad who asked me the other day if had any work I said sure yes can sort a bit out see how we go but he was insistent on having a full time apprenticeship tbh I said straight that would have 0% benefit for me at all, everyone is one week away from the dole in this game weather they like that idea or not it’s true and if they can’t deal with that then get out the kitchen I say
F—king nightmare pal.

Here again as not giving up on finding someone who would like a opportunity to to progress and earn a decent wage dabbing tacking and skimming all new work in and around the West Midlands.tools and a card are a must as is a vehicle. Am i pissing in the wind again.!!!!!
I'm looking for work

Can mix can put on wall have own tools need more experience did job last week had to green grit lime wash as sbr wouldn't take 4 walls difference in troweling times work done last week eg ripped out lath and plaster ceiling and new boarded insulate wall & boarded plus another ceiling.
dot dab one wall head.
other job 5mtrs x 3mtrs high wall chased back to brick two walls plus head and bagged rubbish removed on own live nursing home in corridor
beaded 1 window light and plastered not all ceiling.
Saturday helped plaster ceiling 5.5 mtr x3. 5mtrs 2 mixes load and uploaded van finished by 12.30 ?

Can mix can put on wall have own tools need more experience did job last week had to green grit lime wash as sbr wouldn't take 4 walls difference in troweling times work done last week eg ripped out lath and plaster ceiling and new boarded insulate wall & boarded plus another ceiling.
dot dab one wall head.
other job 5mtrs x 3mtrs high wall chased back to brick two walls plus head and bagged rubbish removed on own live nursing home in corridor
beaded 1 window light and plastered not all ceiling.
Saturday helped plaster ceiling 5.5 mtr x3. 5mtrs 2 mixes load and uploaded van finished by 12.30 ?
Got a cscs card?

Over many yrs I'm a carpenter chippy shop fitter. painter and decorated. And know plastering because I like it used to have a smsts don't worry not an office worker just did lots jobs and training over the yrs I would be very useful a guy with many skills