Damp where I have patched some chases/sockets with bonding

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
Had a callback the other day, about 6 months ago, couple of solid external walls old black ash lime plaster on brick, chases to patch. I patched them with bonding as the plaster around was dry and I couldn't see any evidence of damp. He says the plaster has never really dried out, I can't understand it the rest of the wall doesn't seem damp but very cold.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3568.jpg
    IMG_3568.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,190
looks like you don't know quite as much as you think about plastering then does it super adcar!!!

its as basic as basic comes mate!!!:rolleyes)

so much for the "superior, unrivalled service" that you and your cash in hands direct from customer team provide now @adcar!!!!....muppet!:rolleyes)

the problem is the mixed colours in the sockets and extension.

If you put black plugs with white plugs in the same sockets it creates damp.

School boy error there.
@irish_spread will back me up on this one..................infact even @flynnyman would back me on this one

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to hold my hands up if I've done something wrong? Should I have used sand and cement?

Lol it's not a windup...come on Zombie tell me what I have done wrong I can't handle the suspense...

Not good to use bonding on solid externals ever,despite what electricians are thought in class, bonding is a beitc once it's damp, it'll never dry

@adcar!!!

il give you 1 clue and 1 clue only...T.H.E R.E.S.T O.F T.H.E W.A.L.L I.S F.I.N.E!!!.....I.T.S. J.U.S.T T.H.E A.R.E.A Y.O.U.V.E B.O.D.G.E.D!!!

hence the product chosen by your "superior unriviled service " £300 A DAY team/you" was not suitable for possibley 3 reasons...

il leave you with that for now super star!!!:rolleyes)

@adcar!!!

il give you 1 clue and 1 clue only...T.H.E R.E.S.T O.F T.H.E W.A.L.L I.S F.I.N.E!!!.....I.T.S. J.U.S.T T.H.E A.R.E.A Y.O.U.V.E B.O.D.G.E.D!!!

hence the product chosen by your "superior unriviled service " £300 A DAY team/you" was not suitable for possibley 3 reasons...

il leave you with that for now super star!!!:rolleyes)

Zombie you wouldn't know anyway, your just a skimmer like Flynny lol

Hardwall is ok on externals? does it do the same if it gets damp never dries out?
Hard wall is also a sponge ,only use on thermalites where it's a double skin,many use itin external brickwork and get away with it, but why gamble.

I've PVAd then bonded. It's only 2 in the whole flat, th others are fine including some on the externals, thats why it's a head scratcher

@johniosaif has given you the answer pal just go with that

Jace I see what your saying just need to get my head round this...that old black ash lime plaster is like a sponge too so why is the damp not showing elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
@adcar...

il tell you exactly what I am mate a very average humble plasterer that is a million miles away from knowing everything and always striving to learn and improve...

however if I was a superstar like super adcar that doesn't get out of bed for less than £300 a day and provided "unriviled superior service" to its customers...

whilst in the second breath says he gets his customers to pay his men cash direct on his mega high end superior best in his own city rendering works blablabla

now then my son I would be a very emberassed little boy right now!!!

zombie x:rolleyes)

Just use limelight fella and it will be right! You dont want to be going back again cos that would make you look a bit silly :RpS_thumbsup:

@adcar...

il tell you exactly what I am mate a very average humble plasterer that is a million miles away from knowing everything and always striving to learn and improve...

however if I was a superstar like super adcar that doesn't get out of bed for less than £300 a day and provided "unriviled superior service" to its customers...

whilst in the second breath says he gets his customers to pay his men cash direct on his mega high end superior best in his own city rendering works blablabla

now then my son I would be a very emberassed little boy right now!!!

zombie x:rolleyes)

Zombie I'd never get embassed by an insignificant worthless little pr*ck like you...you and the other c**ts on this forum who do nothing buy ridicule others are a complete waste of bandwith. And the customers don't pay cash it's through the books they are self employed and invoice directly.

Had a callback the other day, about 6 months ago, couple of solid external walls old black ash lime plaster on brick, chases to patch. I patched them with bonding as the plaster around was dry and I couldn't see any evidence of damp. He says the plaster has never really dried out, I can't understand it the rest of the wall doesn't seem damp but very cold.

Any ideas? the bonding is sucking up the moisture lime never really dries out its acting like a sponge hack it out use limelite like suggested neve r use bonding with lime backgrounds

So what ya gonna do about it now you ****** it up? I bet my bottom dollar you will try to pass it back to the customer, this is the very basics of plastering, you've been told the reason but your still scratching your head. if you don't like the information given to you for **** all so you can run your business leave the forum coz I am ready to ban you for being an ungrateful smart arse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.