Customers & other spreads

Members online

Have a strong belief in karma too many who have crossed me or mine have ended up fukked without lifting a finger , it's an odds game I guess as for sure it's the way they are and yes sure enough all catches up.(y) Sooner or later.

Laugh my ass off, just been over to drop my bill off, guy paid me there and then.
I had a look at what the other people plastered, note I said people not plasterers lol, the corners were scabby as fook, the reveals were bellyed out top and bottom, the small amount of float and set they had to was pissed all over the shop and fook me there looked like half of it went on the floor, I asked him if they were actually plasterers and he said yes, he couldn't remember what they were called but he remembered the van and one of there names, I know who they are, I want to have some words with them as they are more like improvers going out on there own, they also charged the customer more than my whole bill would have been lol that will teach the c**t.
Liked

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Starting to really see light at end of tunnel and all these so called "multi trades"who have a go at plastering the ones who are playing at being builders (not genuine ones who get right trades for right jobs) will have to realise plastering is actually a skill from what loads say on here and the regulars you know they know what they on about,it has taken years to get the skills and still learn everyday,do feel very soon plastering will be seen as a proper trade again, @theclemo dont reply I already know your response and that you will say plastering is shite lol

Starting to really see light at end of tunnel and all these so called "multi trades"who have a go at plastering the ones who are playing at being builders (not genuine ones who get right trades for right jobs) will have to realise plastering is actually a skill from what loads say on here and the regulars you know they know what they on about,it has taken years to get the skills and still learn everyday,do feel very soon plastering will be seen as a proper trade again, @theclemo dont reply I already know your response and that you will say plastering is shite lol
Bit of a difference though between "have a go" and "Builders" that have grown into it like myself and a few others on here,
I've not had a call back on any plastering, Roughcasting, Skim etc? Been in the trade 30 years!
If you want a laugh at a "Have a go" YouTube Macplastering Renovation 5 , An hour + to build 10 blocks! The guy bumped from here. :)

Never been on a job yet that doesn't throw up it's own complications, and headaches. Finished a job a couple of weeks ago for a builder who thinks he is 'God', watched with absolute glee as he fell right in it.

Decided to do his own plumbing on a two story new build. He tryd hammering my rate right down, So in my mind I just thought I would keep stum, get the job done and ship out.

Anyway his plumbing has turned into a right shower of s**t, leaks everywhere, ceilings and walls ruined. So he comes knocking on my door to redo the work.

That will be the same price and a 50% bonus on top, happy days. He was fuming as it came out of his pocket. And his reputation is in tatters.

What comes around does go around in this game.
That is so weird I literally just had similar experience tonight with someone

Bit of a difference though between "have a go" and "Builders" that have grown into it like myself and a few others on here,
I've not had a call back on any plastering, Roughcasting, Skim etc? Been in the trade 30 years!
If you want a laugh at a "Have a go" YouTube Macplastering Renovation 5 , An hour + to build 10 blocks! The guy bumped from here. :)
I've worked for proper builders and then worked for some have a go builders not knocking the ones who do it right more saying the have a go ones ain't got a clue and think plastering is easy I was once told at 2.30pm to top coat a scratch about 30m2 over someone's scratch that was horrendous said it would only take an hour on my own I just laughed

I've worked for proper builders and then worked for some have a go builders not knocking the ones who do it right more saying the have a go ones ain't got a clue and think plastering is easy I was once told at 2.30pm to top coat a scratch about 30m2 over someone's scratch that was horrendous said it would only take an hour on my own I just laughed
Lol had a customer like that recently, I put in a price to hack off 30m2 Double harled garden wall and rehit,
He said I wasn't expecting that much , Told him for the price he wanted that's a days wage for two guys plus material, Who am I Feckin Houdini!!!
Turns out he now wants a price for a total knock down and harl :)

It's relentless some of the s**t out there , think it was about a week ago I posted about a nice run in till Xmas on a thread, a couple of days before that I just ordered materials for a drop on a 2 week ground floor total board and skim and thinking sound the next morning the guy text said decided it too expensive he cancelled made a few calls n filled up the 2 weeks , half the jobs have been great but one of them got problems on and wish I never did it ,some of my mates say I'm crazy ,mad , lost the plot but truth is these jobs/situations all make us mad.it never changes imo if anything it gets worse ... luminous dust particles everywhere.
I'll agree with your mates vince, you are defiantly crazy, mad and have 100% lost the plot. (y)

Lol had a customer like that recently, I put in a price to hack off 30m2 Double harled garden wall and rehit,
He said I wasn't expecting that much , Told him for the price he wanted that's a days wage for two guys plus material, Who am I Feckin Houdini!!!
Turns out he now wants a price for a total knock down and harl :)
I've some good ones this year and some bad and some really bad suppose it makes it interesting but not at the time

I don't think it's the same guy who was on here. Was f**k**g painful to watch

Sure was, I'll never get that time back again! :-( Not that I watched every minute, Even fast forwarding was painful! :)
Yeah I tried that too, but it takes him 10 min to fit half a block, should've used expanding foam, jobs done lol

Had a customer get me to ditra matting and tile kitchen all last minute.com, matted dining room too and agreed to come back as soon as free to finish. Called them 4 times last week, no reply. Actually happy that they didn't tbh. Just make sure you get paid and say bye bye.

Had a customer get me to ditra matting and tile kitchen all last minute.com, matted dining room too and agreed to come back as soon as free to finish. Called them 4 times last week, no reply. Actually happy that they didn't tbh. Just make sure you get paid and say bye bye.

a lot of people have already gone away for the holiday.

@richyrich mate I had nothing but run around this week as well, I blame them multi trader builder type T***s[/QUOTE]

inocente.gif
:inocente::burlas:

@richyrich mate I had nothing but run around this week as well, I blame them multi trader builder type T***s

inocente.gif
:inocente::burlas:[/QUOTE]

Lol tiling and plastering. Does that make me a multi trade that? I just don't like most builders. I only work for 2 builders that know what they are doing. Most of the others just do my nut in. Or leave a floor like this in the extension.

20161031_092214.jpg

Lol tiling and plastering. Does that make me a multi trade that? I just don't like most builders. I only work for 2 builders that know what they are doing. Most of the others just do my nut in. Or leave a floor like this in the extension.

View attachment 15326[/QUOTE]

I'm plastering, tiling, stone mason, concrete work, plumbing, painting, timber floors and block laying. I'd throw another few in but no room on the van for it lol.

As for that floor, Jesus you left that in a bad way skipper! Me, when I do floors, I use battens. I know it's not how the pros do it, but it's how I get mine as close to level as possible and cover my own wages.

View attachment 15326

I'm plastering, tiling, stone mason, concrete work, plumbing, painting, timber floors and block laying. I'd throw another few in but no room on the van for it lol.[/QUOTE]

Beats me. Don't like plumbing. Radiators on and off as far as I go with that. Think I might train as a sparky next. Give them boys something to moan about.

View attachment 15326

As for that floor, Jesus you left that in a bad way skipper! Me, when I do floors, I use battens. I know it's not how the pros do it, but it's how I get mine as close to level as possible and cover my own wages.[/QUOTE]

Nooooooooooooooooo I did NOT do this floor. I had to tile it and come into see that. I either run round the outside or batten it if needs to be a bit more precise. But I don't do much screeding. Too slow at it.

As for that floor, Jesus you left that in a bad way skipper! Me, when I do floors, I use battens. I know it's not how the pros do it, but it's how I get mine as close to level as possible and cover my own wages.

Nooooooooooooooooo I did NOT do this floor. I had to tile it and come into see that. I either run round the outside or batten it if needs to be a bit more precise. But I don't do much screeding. Too slow at it.[/QUOTE]

Was only kidding! I don't mind the screeding however I wouldn't be as fast either. As long as I get a day's pay, I'm chuffed.

To right, I don't like builders that much either, I do work for the odd one I know but the attitude just gets on my tits, they cock up and instead of putting it right they just say "good plasterer will get over that" nob heads. There floor is shocking.

There are good and bad builders out there, but the ones I have come across tend to be ego-wankers. Most builders tend to be good brickies and thats it. A lot of there secret is their little black book of trades that they call on.

Had on builder tell me to use water out of the render barrel for skimming in the summer. Told him to have a go himself and f**k*d off.

I always remain respectful to builders as they land the work, but their biggest quality is they are great blaggers. No such thing as a master builder...Thats absolute b*ll***s..

hope you multi traders or what ever called not taken my comments to heart lads :hola:

i said it loads of times on forum before that it stinks imo but thats all it is my opinion :birra:

i always thought the clue was in the job description i.e plastering - plasterer, brick laying - brickie, painting - painter :risas:

must be stuck in my ways :risas: might have a look on youtube and see for myself how to do all this other stuff, saying that though i never seem to have time as always have some Plastering to do somewhere :hola:

hope you multi traders or what ever called not taken my comments to heart lads :hola:

i said it loads of times on forum before that it stinks imo but thats all it is my opinion :birra:

i always thought the clue was in the job description i.e plastering - plasterer, brick laying - brickie, painting - painter :risas:

must be stuck in my ways :risas: might have a look on youtube and see for myself how to do all this other stuff, saying that though i never seem to have time as always have some Plastering to do somewhere :hola:
I haven't stopped crying since you made that comment ffs

Would that be plastering in a house that us builders built for you and provide you an income, Lol :)

I remember when I was 16 and told a mate I was going to be a brickie, Arsehole looked down his nose as though it was shittiest job, I asked what he lived in, A house he said! Replied with a house that a builder made?
Still wind him up now as he serves me in Tesco!!