Customers & other spreads

Members online

richyrich

Cut a long story short, started a three day job on Friday after being held up for two days by a plumber, thrashed myself on Friday and left myself one day to finish the job. The customer wanted me to finish the job yesterday but I was booked for shopping with the wife. The customer phoned me last night to say don't worry about Monday as he found 2 spreads to finish it Saturday!!! What the f**k!! Customer is a c**t, and what f**k**g spread do you know that can do a job at a few hours notice let alone finish the job I started and prepared. I think I know who they are I feel like chinning the c**ts.

Cut a long story short, started a three day job on Friday after being held up for two days by a plumber, thrashed myself on Friday and left myself one day to finish the job. The customer wanted me to finish the job yesterday but I was booked for shopping with the wife. The customer phoned me last night to say don't worry about Monday as he found 2 spreads to finish it Saturday!!! What the f**k!! Customer is a c**t, and what f**k**g spread do you know that can do a job at a few hours notice let alone finish the job I started and prepared. I think I know who they are I feel like chinning the c**ts.
Just get yer dosh for what you've done and don't look back .

If you got a written quote agreed then bill them for the full amount contracted, if they ignore then threaten small claims court . If it's not bothering you enough to give them hassle back just put it behind you and get a good draw on future jobs when you started,
Make sure you let the other spreads know what they did coz you don't know what they were told by the customer, if they did know have a pop in place where others in the game hear it all, like in merchants or cafe or pub !

Was done through a builder so there was no price on it, he just pays me whatever it takes. The cheeky c**ts even used my hardwall and finish.

ive been on both sides of this
both recent.
1st is customer had got a set or renderers to finish 6k render that he said was taking too long but in fact we were waiting for him to finish his prep.... owes me.3k and refusing to pay a penny.

2nd one... usual builder.... can you fit board and skim conversion. said bit short notice.. if you can get it boarded ill get it skimmed sunday.. or see if his other spreads fancy it...(we share their work). great he said. ill get it boarded.
fri and sat i text him saying lad will be there sunday.. no reply. so without risk of letting anyone down i send him in.

monday a call. other spread went in this morn to skim it and you done it..
well i felt an arse but said maybe you should let people know.

I did a job this week got the call Tuesday evening to skim 12 plasterboards €350 cash labourer I was there first thing Friday morning lol. Put it all on in one set. Got paid phoned the builder i was supposed to be with to say am on my way. That is was having van trouble.

How many times do you get builders saying oh it's not ready yet can you start another day ? €10 m2 is quite reasonable for emergency plastering

I finished off a job after the other plasterer had been killed in a car crash, he was only in his twenties and his work was spot on. It did feel strange though doing it.

I would never give up a days work to go shopping with the Mrs f that I'd rather be at work than dragged round loads of shops live and learn everyday

Liked. My Mrs refuses to go shopping with me cos I get the arsehole after 15 minutes.

Liked. My Mrs refuses to go shopping with me cos I get the arsehole after 15 minutes.
I won't be dragged round shops only shopping I like is tool shopping she made the mistake and we was in there hours so at least she knew how I felt

I finished off a job after the other plasterer had been killed in a car crash, he was only in his twenties and his work was spot on. It did feel strange though doing it.
Is that true story ? Presume it is , if so did he live in Leicester?

@richyrich mate I had nothing but run around this week as well, I blame them multi trader builder type T***s

When I'm out with the family and getting bored, me and my son do a bit of this. Won't appeal to all, but if it's your humour, you'll love it

Liked.
f**k**g stupid. But liked!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Had a great one in whSmith, went flying with a load of magazines at the tills, loads of people including the store manager asking if I was ok. B&q is great for it, get as many lampshades in your arms as you can carry, fall and launch the whole lot down the isle, creates a right scene.

I would never go near another spreaders work to finish off. They must be pretty desperate or completely s**t. But the biggest c**t in all of this is the customer.

Cheeky f**k*r needs knocking out.

I think on another thread @Olican suggested putting an add on social media offering an iPhone 7 for £100, "call after 10 pm", obviously with the clients phone number....

Bad patter going on another brothers work, and using his materials! They should be struck off!!:endesacuerdo:

Get paid, and get out.:)

Cheers peeps, I'm not feeling so angry now, onward and upward Still got my bill to take over there later today so I will have a look at it

Laugh my ass off, just been over to drop my bill off, guy paid me there and then.
I had a look at what the other people plastered, note I said people not plasterers lol, the corners were scabby as fook, the reveals were bellyed out top and bottom, the small amount of float and set they had to was pissed all over the shop and fook me there looked like half of it went on the floor, I asked him if they were actually plasterers and he said yes, he couldn't remember what they were called but he remembered the van and one of there names, I know who they are, I want to have some words with them as they are more like improvers going out on there own, they also charged the customer more than my whole bill would have been lol that will teach the c**t.

Laugh my ass off, just been over to drop my bill off, guy paid me there and then.
I had a look at what the other people plastered, note I said people not plasterers lol, the corners were scabby as fook, the reveals were bellyed out top and bottom, the small amount of float and set they had to was pissed all over the shop and fook me there looked like half of it went on the floor, I asked him if they were actually plasterers and he said yes, he couldn't remember what they were called but he remembered the van and one of there names, I know who they are, I want to have some words with them as they are more like improvers going out on there own, they also charged the customer more than my whole bill would have been lol that will teach the c**t.
It's relentless some of the s**t out there , think it was about a week ago I posted about a nice run in till Xmas on a thread, a couple of days before that I just ordered materials for a drop on a 2 week ground floor total board and skim and thinking sound the next morning the guy text said decided it too expensive he cancelled made a few calls n filled up the 2 weeks , half the jobs have been great but one of them got problems on and wish I never did it ,some of my mates say I'm crazy ,mad , lost the plot but truth is these jobs/situations all make us mad.it never changes imo if anything it gets worse ... luminous dust particles everywhere.

Liked

Never been on a job yet that doesn't throw up it's own complications, and headaches. Finished a job a couple of weeks ago for a builder who thinks he is 'God', watched with absolute glee as he fell right in it.

Decided to do his own plumbing on a two story new build. He tryd hammering my rate right down, So in my mind I just thought I would keep stum, get the job done and ship out.

Anyway his plumbing has turned into a right shower of s**t, leaks everywhere, ceilings and walls ruined. So he comes knocking on my door to redo the work.

That will be the same price and a 50% bonus on top, happy days. He was fuming as it came out of his pocket. And his reputation is in tatters.

What comes around does go around in this game.