customers always right

Status
Not open for further replies.

melon

hi guys not been on for a while!
so ive just finished a job this week where at the start the customer says to me "are you going to leave it like glass" the guy was a approved kitchen fitter for a well known diy store,
anyway i told him i tend to leave it flat and smooth not like glass.
he then set about informing me how to skim and how all the best plasterers leave a glass finish,
i let him rabbit on talking out of his anus, and then agreed to leave it like glass for him.

fast forward to yesterday afternoon he takes my bank details to transfer the cash for me and says"the decorator says your plastering is going to be a pain to paint and you should no better than to leave it with a finish like that!!!!! i couldnt believe my ears i had to bite my tongue big time, now i worked on hathersage hall business park subbing about six or seven years ago and they wanted everything polishing to death! fair enough they are paying, but it just seems nowdays that leaving a glass finish is whats expected why?? i know y cos of all these planks posting pics on social media of over polished walls thinking their the best thing since slice bread sorry to rant but it wound me up!
id put money on the fact this has happened to many of my fellow spreads but its the old saying the customer is always right. melon

Cus youve got the thousands of dickheads on the Facebook pages telling everyone how much they shine it up so people think it's normal

I've come across some right mugs, 1 bloke phoned up the company I was working for coz I asked for a cup of tea when I got to the job one winter morning, loooooool

Meeting and dealing with people is a skill in itself and it won't be learnt in a classroom.It's called experience.You'll always meet the odd customer that knows it all.Always have belief in your ability and don't mind customers like that clown.

Screenshot_2015-09-26-19-55-31-1.png

so ive just finished a job this week where at the start the customer says to me "are you going to leave it like glass" the guy was a approved kitchen fitter for a well known diy store,
he then set about informing me how to skim and how all the best plasterers leave a glass finish,
i let him rabbit on talking out of his anus, and then agreed to leave it like glass for him.

fast forward to yesterday afternoon he takes my bank details to transfer the cash for me and says"the decorator says your plastering is going to be a pain to paint and you should no better than to leave it with a finish like that!!!!! i couldnt believe my ears i had to bite my tongue big time, now i worked on hathersage hall business park subbing about six or seven years ago and they wanted everything polishing to death! fair enough they are paying, but it just seems nowdays that leaving a glass finish is whats expected why?? i know y cos of all these planks posting pics on social media of over polished walls thinking their the best thing since slice bread sorry to rant but it wound me up!
id put money on the fact this has happened to many of my fellow spreads but its the old saying the customer is always right. melon
I agree with all u said specially the social media stuff

If a walls left shiny then it isn't the spreads fault that a ' decorator' cant do his job right .... whether its left matt or glassed ... like any trade you cant moan because its going to take skill and abit of work to get it right ....

I remember walking onto a job20 odd years ago to float and skim out an extension when i produced my 6 foot stabila spirit level to fix beads etc and got ribbed by the carpenters and other trades. By the end of the job a couple of them had asked me where i bought it from and got one themselves!
You have to stand your ground sometimes. :)

My reply has been always here's my trowel buddy you seem to know how to do it... off you trot

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dealing with customers is a skill in itself.
If someone's paying me I'll do what they want.....to a certain extent.
It seems to me that polished is the best practice for domestics and Matt and flat is perfect for site.
I'm sure there's a lot a dickhead site agents who follow you round but a client who's house your in will look and it and ask questions so I just do what they want. It's easier that way and I still get paid. No big deal then.

Flat n Matt is the way to go,the painters always pay complement to the customer or foreman as polished seems to far outweigh the flat n Matt and the painters are always keying it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.