Customer

Members online

If I priced a job and lost out to sumbofy else then that person left it rough id laugh my bolloxs off whilst rubbing my hands together in a money gesture....

If I priced a job and lost out to sumbofy else then that person left it rough id laugh my bolloxs off whilst rubbing my hands together in a money gesture....
So I'm real now just wanted to know what people experiences where and what they'd do I said I'd speak to them tomorrow morning with my decision

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Your opinion is worng. Let's say it's a skim job. The bloke that f**k*d it up. Do you trust him to work over his work?? I wouldn't. Then u have the client phone u for a second time to go look at the same job u looked at the first time but didn't give you the job the first time just because someone was cheaper. Do it for the same money no hope. I'd feel like I was letting my hole be violated. U will look back at this thread in a few years when you have more experience and say Keith is right (y)
So would you not skim over the other chaps work? what would your line to the customer be...i got to hack off and start again, cant get the skim off so would you want to go back to bare brick? for me skimming is skimming, if it would have took two days on the first go would still take 2 days after, might put in an extra 20 quid as had to go and quote twice but thats all

Also an opinion cant be wrong...an opinion is subjective so can be disagreed with but cant be wrong

So would you not skim over the other chaps work? what would your line to the customer be...i got to hack off and start again, cant get the skim off so would you want to go back to bare brick? for me skimming is skimming, if it would have took two days on the first go would still take 2 days after, might put in an extra 20 quid as had to go and quote twice but thats all

You don't know how he's prepped the background if it cracks or falls off you get the blame not the other guy. I never guarantee going over someone elses work, whether its plaster or boards

You don't know how he's prepped the background if it cracks or falls off you get the blame not the other guy. I never guarantee going over someone elses work, whether its plaster or boards
Same as what I said to clemo then, would you hack off to bare brick.....no....every reskim we do we're going over old work and cant guarantee previous prep....if its s**t work I would skim the same as I would if I got the first job, if theres no more prep, beads pva etc then id charge the same.....again just me not trying to say im right

Same as what I said to clemo then, would you hack off to bare brick.....no....every reskim we do we're going over old work and cant guarantee previous prep....if its s**t work I would skim the same as I would if I got the first job, if theres no more prep, beads pva etc then id charge the same.....again just me not trying to say im right

Generally on a reskim you're going over work thats been there 20/30/40 plus years, from when the house was originally plastered. You can see the cracks and will know if it needs hacked off or whatever. Going over recently skimmed walls you're not going to see any problems that are underneath. If the finish is bad then its likely they haven't hacked off the bad bits, scrimmed any cracks or possibly not even applied pva

Generally on a reskim you're going over work thats been there 20/30/40 plus years, from when the house was originally plastered. You can see the cracks and will know if it needs hacked off or whatever. Going over recently skimmed walls you're not going to see any problems that are underneath. If the finish is bad then its likely they haven't hacked off the bad bits, scrimmed any cracks or possibly not even applied pva
So would you only take the job if hacking off completely?

I would happily go over what was there aslong as the customer understands there will be no guarantee
Exactly the same here and that two minute conversation costs me nothing and thats why id charge the same price

@plastercaftdundee as Anwar the question u asked me. And yes I'd have no problem given a quote to go back to brick.

@plastercaftdundee as Anwar the question u asked me. And yes I'd have no problem given a quote to go back to brick.
Fair do's and good on your for it, I just know if I gave that quote no point going to the quote. I would just say no gaurantees as im only as good as what im going on top of

Exactly the same here and that two minute conversation costs me nothing and thats why id charge the same price

I wasn't really disagreeing with you going in at the same price was just explaining why alot of people don't go over other peoples work. But more than likely there's going to be more involved, if the work is bad enough for the customer to call you in to sort it.

If you're reskimming a reskim you'll be getting close to losing the skirting and coving (if it's got coving) Walk away. It'll look shite even you do a good job.

I wasn't really disagreeing with you going in at the same price was just explaining why alot of people don't go over other peoples work. But more than likely there's going to be more involved, if the work is bad enough for the customer to call you in to sort it.
I know you werent mate....and dont worry if there was more involved I would be explaining what and why it put the price up

Think I'm going to walk tbh loads of solid points here and the way it looks it's probably been prepared wrong not putting my name to it let someone else crack on and all the best plus I've got enough work to see me through for now

Basically went to price a job she had two quotes I had a phone call today to go to the job she's had someone else do it for half the price and it's a s**t job if I do say so myself so not only has she mugged me off she wants me to do the job for the same price any advice on what to do?
Tell her to f**k off the tight c**t

Reactions: eox