Customer

Members online

Same as what I said to clemo then, would you hack off to bare brick.....no....every reskim we do we're going over old work and cant guarantee previous prep....if its s**t work I would skim the same as I would if I got the first job, if theres no more prep, beads pva etc then id charge the same.....again just me not trying to say im right

But if previous s**t spreader has not got it flat then you are struggling to meet the high spots whilst keeping the wall flat, could demand bonding or extra coats to get how it should be or areas hacking off pva bond. All extra work and time.

Reactions: eox
this has happened to me before you no I got more satisfaction of going to do the job and saying this is how it should have looked, than walking away from it but I did charge an extra 150 to prove a point of messing me around the first time.
You've been to assess it so if it to much to turn right fair enough walk away but to me it's like last laff with the customer and the end of the day she's had balls to tell you it was a cock up so I think that's her way of apologising that she didn't go with you first. Good luck

Tbh I just don't feel like it warrants my time as it's going to take me a full day doing the prep right the stare of it and that fact she had him do the job after saying I had it is the part where I think it's time to walk

Tbh I just don't feel like it warrants my time as it's going to take me a full day doing the prep right the stare of it and that fact she had him do the job after saying I had it is the part where I think it's time to walk
I'm in agreement with the lads on this one
I'm all for trying to educate customers of the pitfalls of going cheap.
I always leave it with saying give me a call if you have any problems or its a crap job
My advice to them in the first instance is free
But when they do ring back I always make the point of saying it will have to be ready priced accordingly due to the extra involved of going over s**t that's fresh gear.
99% of the time they are embarrassed they didn't take your original price and also then accept you know your stuff and eventually accept that you get what you pay for.

If it was me and it's as bad as you say I would be polite but tell them there is an extra day full prep so will need to be charged.

You have to make the judgement call because like ghetto lads have said there are some customers ghats never learn and always try and take the piss.
That's the time to walk away.

All comes with experience.
Some people don't know any different and don't intentionally get burnt

That's what's Pissed me off the most is that she's asked me to go back knowing she's had someone else
Welcome to the wonderful world of plastering happened a few times and will happen again,if you've got plenty on just walk away just part of the learning curve mate unfortunately,if you think you can get more work there do it then charge more on follow up work,good luck fella!!!!!

But if previous s**t spreader has not got it flat then you are struggling to meet the high spots whilst keeping the wall flat, could demand bonding or extra coats to get how it should be or areas hacking off pva bond. All extra work and time.
Like I said if it was more work would be more money, same price if it only needs the same as what I was going to do originally

We quoted a job at the beginning of the year and lost it to cowboys, the fella phoned me up and I went out to see it again. He was very embarrassed about it and basically said he had been a w**k*r and his wife was giving him a serious headache.

I upped my quote 20% to re-do it properly and he was over the moon.

20% no wonder he was happy.i'd of hit him a lot more just the pure fact your putting someone's work right.

Well I was originally over 50% more expensive than the cowboys who f**k*d it up. There wasn't much remedial work to do other than hack out 1 expansion bead so I can't complain also got the old neighbours next door off the back of it.

The problem with remedials and putting right someone else's work is the expectation to do miracle and cost nothing. There is no way you can make it right without spending money. In my book remedial is twice more expensive than the original quote, not because I have to deal with he c**ts work and the customers arrogance . Stopped doing any remedial job long time ago, but still enjoy the moment when I tell the customer it's double. Some c**ts agree, but then I am booked for months in advance. f**k them, they will found another cowboy. Not worth the time IMHO

The problem with remedials and putting right someone else's work is the expectation to do miracle and cost nothing. There is no way you can make it right without spending money. In my book remedial is twice more expensive than the original quote, not because I have to deal with he c**ts work and the customers arrogance . Stopped doing any remedial job long time ago, but still enjoy the moment when I tell the customer it's double. Some c**ts agree, but then I am booked for months in advance. f**k them, they will found another cowboy. Not worth the time IMHO
Horrible way to look at it...hope im never that cynical, not all bad work is cheap work and this thread is all about punishing the customer because they didnt pick me....everyone can disagree with me and I dont care, im not into piling misery on top of misery....customer arrogance or proving a point doesnt cost more....remedial work does and I would charge more for that but as for quoting double shame on anyone who does that, its dishonest and distateful

This thread is shite just everyone rubbing their dicks at the thought of proving a point

image.png

Horrible way to look at it...hope im never that cynical, not all bad work is cheap work and this thread is all about punishing the customer because they didnt pick me....everyone can disagree with me and I dont care, im not into piling misery on top of misery....customer arrogance or proving a point doesnt cost more....remedial work does and I would charge more for that but as for quoting double shame on anyone who does that, its dishonest and distateful
It will take some time to get it. It's not about the customer in this case , he had his chance, now is about you! Is it not cynical when the customer calls you back? and last but not least, it's not punishing , it's saving your own ass from embaresment , as for the price- it's the only way you can get the message through .

It will take some time to get it. It's not about the customer in this case , he had his chance, now is about you! Is it not cynical when the customer to call you back? and last but not least, it's not punishing , it's saving your own ass from embaresment , as for the price- it's the only way you can get the message through .
I havent and will not ever put in an unreasonable price to prove a point, it goes against my integrity and everything my parents taught me....no message needs to be got across...customer made a mistake (didnt know it was a mistake at the time, no one hires a bad tradesman on purpose) and at my standard £150 a day I will make them happy again, if it was originally 2 days and now 3 I will explain why and charge accordingly. if I had a spark whos wiring was bad I wouldnt expect the next spark to punish me for already getting f**k*d once

Also before it turns into a fight im not bothered at any of the justifications for f**k**g mrs jones cos she thought the last chap would do a good job I wont ever do it and everyone else can do as they please

The customer didn't make a mistake they went for the cheapest it's that simple, Whether they learn from their mistake is upto them. They are not being punished they are just not finished with the lesson they are being taught. I honestly would go round just to be a smug c**t and I would add an extra £150 no matter what and that might be the start of it. You have been at it five minutes you will learn in time and if you want to be mother Teresa and help out some thick c**t who tries to save a couple of quid, don't be surprised if they turn round at the end and say they are not happy, coz they will want to get back the money they lost in the first place.

I havent and will not ever put in an unreasonable price to prove a point, it goes against my integrity and everything my parents taught me....no message needs to be got across...customer made a mistake (didnt know it was a mistake at the time, no one hires a bad tradesman on purpose) and at my standard £150 a day I will make them happy again, if it was originally 2 days and now 3 I will explain why and charge accordingly. if I had a spark whos wiring was bad I wouldnt expect the next spark to punish me for already getting f**k*d once

When I quote a job it's price work. When I do remedial it's day work, which always comes double. In your case you do only day works, but still will charge extra for remedial- 30%. When you get it wrong few times you will adjust that number, well I did it.

Your opinion is worng. Let's say it's a skim job. The bloke that f**k*d it up. Do you trust him to work over his work?? I wouldn't. Then u have the client phone u for a second time to go look at the same job u looked at the first time but didn't give you the job the first time just because someone was cheaper. Do it for the same money no hope. I'd feel like I was letting my hole be violated. U will look back at this thread in a few years when you have more experience and say Keith is right (y)
Spot on clemo are kid

The customer didn't make a mistake they went for the cheapest it's that simple, Whether they learn from their mistake is upto them. They are not being punished they are just not finished with the lesson they are being taught. I honestly would go round just to be a smug c**t and I would add an extra £150 no matter what and that might be the start of it. You have been at it five minutes you will learn in time and if you want to be mother Teresa and help out some thick c**t who tries to save a couple of quid, don't be surprised if they turn round at the end and say they are not happy, coz they will want to get back the money they lost in the first place.
That's the embaresment I was talking about, but Lodan has to be in situations like this to understand it. Unhappy customer can damage your reputation much more than 10 happy customers.

How bigs the fuucking job ??
Is it gods house ??
Or a whorehouse ??

Try fixing brand new houses on site when s**t spreads have ruined a plot where familys are living in ....brand new carpets curtains etc.
All fittings on walls n ceilings arcs skirts sockets.
Not to mention brand new furniture/bed/kitchens/....200 photos and ornaments in every fuucking room.
Client complaining like fuuck about how much hes paid for his brand new mess.
Fixing it in your fuucking socks !!

3rd one ive done in the last 8 monthes.
3rd and fuucking last.

And ill never be of that opinion...my dad was a plumber for 40 years and never took that opinion, he was never rich but believed in a fair days wage for a fair days work...i'll do the same

I was going to add money on for going back to that job even if there was no remedial work needed, the c**t got me out to price it once before wasting my time so if they now want to use me they will pay a premium. Where was his integrity when he said the job was mine knowing full well it wasn't as he was going for the cheapest quote.

Call it c**t tax.

Anyway everyone charge what they want, thats the joy of being self employed so dont want to argue with anyone, especially chaps I like. Signing off for tonight(y)

And ill never be of that opinion...my dad was a plumber for 40 years and never took that opinion, he was never rich but believed in a fair days wage for a fair days work...i'll do the same
He has similar beliefs to me but I guarantee in the 40 years he was at it, you didn't have a clue what he priced and went through with customers and I can guarantee he never told you when he got ripped off being a nice guy. You are not Selling something off a shelf that you can get anywhere you are selling the best thing possible and if you let people walk over you they will. I probably wouldn't do the job I would go for a look and like I said put in a silly price and still not do it.

He has similar beliefs to me but I guarantee in the 40 years he was at it, you didn't have a clue what he priced and went through with customers and I can guarantee he never told you when he got ripped off being a nice guy. You are not Selling something off a shelf that you can get anywhere you are selling the best thing possible and if you let people walk over you they will. I probably wouldn't do the job I would go for a look and like I said put in a silly price and still not do it.
He's an honest chap and I bet your right hes not mentioned when he lost out but we talk money and he always has a smile on his face and I know he never got rich but I know he's happy with his career....maybe im being stupid and morralistic but I stick to what my dad told me in the hope my little boy will do the same

Anyway everyone charge what they want, thats the joy of being self employed so dont want to argue with anyone, especially chaps I like. Signing off for tonight(y)

You already have crossed the line with one foot. Not long before you'll come over.