Crying client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first did mono 20 years (or more) ago it was £30 a metre in that area, wouldn't say it's a lot more now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember them being a lot more then that was your average but I know of others doing it a lot cheaper and still making a good wage. The more people who after ten years of plastering buy a machine getting into rendering is growing, and the bagged renders are making it easier. It actually sounds mad that someone would wake up one day and decide to be a renderer which inmy eyes is one of the most skilled parts of being a plasterer. I don't think it's coincidence we are getting more and more threads on badly done rendering mainly mono.

I remember them being a lot more then that was your average but I know of others doing it a lot cheaper and still making a good wage. The more people who after ten years of plastering buy a machine getting into rendering is growing, and the bagged renders are making it easier. It actually sounds mad that someone would wake up one day and decide to be a renderer which inmy eyes is one of the most skilled parts of being a plasterer. I don't think it's coincidence we are getting more and more threads on badly done rendering mainly mono.
i also think that the same lads ,never started out on S/c base coat/Skim ,or did outside rendering in the first place ,a machine does not make you good

It seems up in South Yorkshire lots of plasterers are now monocouche experts. Quite a few Ritmo's in this neck of the woods now. But is it faster than pebble dashing? Not in my opinion.

I stick angle beads on for dashing and drip/stop where I need to. Slap 2 coats on by hand free hand. Mono, beads galore all over, up to sills, fascia's drip and stop beads on every horizontal finish. Rend aid coat fully meshed then mono with stress patches. Long days waiting for it to set.

My last two dashing jobs where money spinners, little competition. Plasterers seem to avoid it. But saying that so do I. Tennis elbow has knocked me out of the hand apply game. Ewi is good easy money and I am good at it. Mono is hard work for the money.

As for labour should go down for machine owners? What about recouping the many £000's capital outlay?

Bugger em, if they want cheap like this lady has they reap what they sow. Crying on me would make my day!

It seems up in South Yorkshire lots of plasterers are now monocouche experts. Quite a few Ritmo's in this neck of the woods now. But is it faster than pebble dashing? Not in my opinion.

I stick angle beads on for dashing and drip/stop where I need to. Slap 2 coats on by hand free hand. Mono, beads galore all over, up to sills, fascia's drip and stop beads on every horizontal finish. Rend aid coat fully meshed then mono with stress patches. Long days waiting for it to set.

My last two dashing jobs where money spinners, little competition. Plasterers seem to avoid it. But saying that so do I. Tennis elbow has knocked me out of the hand apply game. Ewi is good easy money and I am good at it. Mono is hard work for the money.

As for labour should go down for machine owners? What about recouping the many £000's capital outlay?

Bugger em, if they want cheap like this lady has they reap what they sow. Crying on me would make my day!
i see Les has just got another 6 in John !lol

I have some sympathy but usually hiding a smile :)

Why don't you use the ritmo for the dash receiver? Genuine question.

Not if you want warranties and if you do you have to buy direct from them, and to do so , you have to be registered as approved installer .

Direct from who?
I've had specs from Parex and buying the kit from SIG but I'm not approved yet an there offering the warranty.

I don't mind dashing. I'd have to be the odd one out. I'd rather do it then anything else there is no f**k**g about get it on go home.

I was doing a mono job and some lads that done Mono said "that machine makes a nice job " i said ,"bit like you picking up Jimi Hendrix guitar ,your not going to sound like him "
I've said to customers and lads who have watched me plastering and said "that trowels makes it a lot easier" yeh your right some days when I can't be arsed I send the trowel in on his own. :)

Every job is different, most jobs the brickwork is knackered, you have to get all mats down a back alley...500 odd yards, you have to wait 20 mins to get a parking space in the morning....all waste has to go through the house. Jordan charges a good rate for Bristol, he is a good spread. There are others that are much cheaper but you get what you pay for.

No chance of a thin coat Ian, most jobs the brickwork is knackered and all over the place, possible over existing if it's sound rarely is though otherwise why would you get the call!

Anyways i was doing a bit of rendering in sunny Blackburn Lancashire and heard s bit of a fuss and peered over the flat roof and saw this :eek:
1531756_445716542217400_75887638_n.jpg

Why don't you use the ritmo for the dash receiver? Genuine question.

Most of my dashing is sand and cement. Probably would spray dash receiver if the job is suitable. Spraying is fast, in summer you will need to dash as fast as it is sprayed. Could be done but the lab has to be on the ball what with feeding the machine, catch sheets up and down, catch trays in place, buckets filled with pebbles. Think the clown I have would walk under that pressure or get 2 labs in.

Can't stand labourers! They do my head in.

I agree with a lot of the comments on here.
I'm 27 so young blood up to a lot of you.
I learnt rendering with sand and cement.
Didn't touch mono until 3-4 years ago.
When quoting I'll give people the Option of what I think is best and also easiest for me. Why would I make it harder than it needs to be. If a client specifically wants a finish then they can have it, otherwise I'll sell them what makes me the most profit for the least amount of work.
This doesn't mean the work is bad or wrong does it. If this was the case we wouldn't be as busy as we are in my opinion.
Now I've invested in a machine I'll push bagged products all the time.
I move with the times, sand and cement is becoming dated. Coloured renders are more modern. Mono, thin coat etc.
People like these.
I find mono a lot easier than sand and cement.
The main reason I do minimal s&c is because
1. I can't find a labourer good enough to make a consistent mix that makes my life easier.
2. I can't rely on a labourer to add the correct amount every time so I know it is doing the job needed.
3. Jobs with awkward access are easier with bagged render.
Dropped off the front and bumped up and round scaffold.
Now I have the machine I can move that to.
Plastering and rendering is no different in the respect of chancers.
People will do what ever to earn money if they think they can get away with it.

The main reasons I prefer bagged products are I find them better to apply, cosmetically better looking in my opinion and I'm also able to offer warranties through the manufacturers which some say aren't worth the paper there written on yet people are attracted to it more when they hear they will get one from the manufacturer.

Everyone has there preferences.

I agree with a lot of the comments on here.
I'm 27 so young blood up to a lot of you.
I learnt rendering with sand and cement.
Didn't touch mono until 3-4 years ago.
When quoting I'll give people the Option of what I think is best and also easiest for me. Why would I make it harder than it needs to be. If a client specifically wants a finish then they can have it, otherwise I'll sell them what makes me the most profit for the least amount of work.
This doesn't mean the work is bad or wrong does it. If this was the case we wouldn't be as busy as we are in my opinion.
Now I've invested in a machine I'll push bagged products all the time.
I move with the times, sand and cement is becoming dated. Coloured renders are more modern. Mono, thin coat etc.
People like these.
I find mono a lot easier than sand and cement.
The main reason I do minimal s&c is because
1. I can't find a labourer good enough to make a consistent mix that makes my life easier.
2. I can't rely on a labourer to add the correct amount every time so I know it is doing the job needed.
3. Jobs with awkward access are easier with bagged render.
Dropped off the front and bumped up and round scaffold.
Now I have the machine I can move that to.
Plastering and rendering is no different in the respect of chancers.
People will do what ever to earn money if they think they can get away with it.

The main reasons I prefer bagged products are I find them better to apply, cosmetically better looking in my opinion and I'm also able to offer warranties through the manufacturers which some say aren't worth the paper there written on yet people are attracted to it more when they hear they will get one from the manufacturer.

Everyone has there preferences.

Just do what works for you ,i do ,i dont want to change the world ,just earn a living

£10-£12k is steep, sorry to say, maybe just an area thing

You'd get someone round here doing that for £4/£5k, we'd be more but that's what I'm up against.

How can you say that without even seeing the job?

I'd love to know how that could be done for 4-5k

Hacking off 2 new and 2 old coats of render.
If you could pm me a breakdown of that I'd love to know how you'd make money off it.

Or are you estimating?

My quotes are quotes so they are usually more than an estimate but the price is the price.
I don't go in cheap then charge double etc.

I'm not pricing in the machine either that's what I'd charge either way handball or machine.

I know I'm not cheap but I don't sell myself cheap. If people aren't happy with prices I don't force them to use me.
My price is for a package aswell, i don't just get in get done and get paid like a lot of people do.
I provide a package of service and product with customer service.
I love my job and I try to do it do a high standard and I charge accordingly so that I don't get disheartened or hate my job and leave s**t work!

How can you say that without even seeing the job?

I'd love to know how that could be done for 4-5k

Hacking off 2 new and 2 old coats of render.
If you could pm me a breakdown of that I'd love to know how you'd make money off it.

Or are you estimating?

My quotes are quotes so they are usually more than an estimate but the price is the price.
I don't go in cheap then charge double etc.

I'm not pricing in the machine either that's what I'd charge either way handball or machine.

I know I'm not cheap but I don't sell myself cheap. If people aren't happy with prices I don't force them to use me.
My price is for a package aswell, i don't just get in get done and get paid like a lot of people do.
I provide a package of service and product with customer service.
I love my job and I try to do it do a high standard and I charge accordingly so that I don't get disheartened or hate my job and leave s**t work!

Yo adrian, I did it!

How do you find there kit and gear?
What happens when your one short on some thing is it a ballsache to get hold of?

The best , IMHO , of course . Everyone has favourite. Price is good and never had problems winter or summer.For small numbers I go to the Thurrock base. No problem with orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.