Crying client.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say that without even seeing the job?

I'd love to know how that could be done for 4-5k

Hacking off 2 new and 2 old coats of render.
If you could pm me a breakdown of that I'd love to know how you'd make money off it.

Or are you estimating?

My quotes are quotes so they are usually more than an estimate but the price is the price.
I don't go in cheap then charge double etc.

I'm not pricing in the machine either that's what I'd charge either way handball or machine.

I know I'm not cheap but I don't sell myself cheap. If people aren't happy with prices I don't force them to use me.
My price is for a package aswell, i don't just get in get done and get paid like a lot of people do.
I provide a package of service and product with customer service.
I love my job and I try to do it do a high standard and I charge accordingly so that I don't get disheartened or hate my job and leave s**t work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm estimating buddy, chill out, I'm also only 28 and have the same experience as yourself, but 130m2 is not far off 3 sides of a semi and it doesn't matter if there's 2/3 or 10 coats of render on it already hacking off is hacking off.

No way on gods green earth would you get £10k plus to basically mono a house.

£1200 scaffold
£2500 materials
£250 skip

What's that £4000.00 and to be fair Iv inflated those prices for you as I'd only pay about £800 for a semi scaffolding out if that's what we're talking

So you have £6k left over for labour, not a chance up here, you'd get fooking laughed out door.

I just priced one up very similar and she wants to use us because we're offering the job lot on guarantees applicator, supplier and manufacturer and has even got in touch with Parex and she's umming and arring about £6.5k

I'll also tell you how others do it cheap.

Hack off, no mesh, no primer/substrate prep & 10mm of render I bet you could supply and fit for £1500 before any labour charges

£1200 scaffold
£2500 materials
£250 skip

What's that £4000.00 and to be fair Iv inflated those prices for you as I'd only pay about £800 for a semi scaffolding out if that's what we're talking

So you have £6k left over for labour, not a chance up here, you'd get fooking laughed out door.

I just priced one up very similar and she wants to use us because we're offering the job lot on guarantees applicator, supplier and manufacturer and has even got in touch with Parex and she's umming and arring about £6.5k

Sounds like Mrs Gibsons job?

Good lad Mac keep posting costs for jobs on the Internet for anyone to see and telling other lads there to expensive.

Anyone who does that job for 4-5k is stupid.

Don't care what area it's in

£1200 scaffold
£2500 materials
£250 skip

Paaahaaaaa! How can you throw the 4K at me and say there, without even having any labour?
That's not an estimate.
Estimates a figure for an approx cost of the whole job.

In your costs you didn't allow for fascia gutters down pipes and soil pipe renewal.

Of course it matters how many coats of render are on the wall!
You've got a blown fresh top coat and possibly the scratch then the original render which is probably on stronger than the new stuff which is why it was left on.

So I'd love to know how taking off those completely different coats of render is any where near as being the same?
One would take twice as long as the other.

If your doing that for 6.5k that's madness! There is no money to be earnt in that apart from mediocre wages which I could earn In a supermarket or any pretty basic job.
No thanks!

Your a dickhead mate

Obviously don't have a clue

Have you found out why bonding doesn't stick with out pva yet?

Paaahaaaaa! How can you throw the 4K at me and say there, without even having any labour?
That's not an estimate.
Estimates a figure for an approx cost of the whole job.

In your costs you didn't allow for fascia gutters down pipes and soil pipe renewal.

Of course it matters how many coats of render are on the wall!
You've got a blown fresh top coat and possibly the scratch then the original render which is probably on stronger than the new stuff which is why it was left on.

So I'd love to know how taking off those completely different coats of render is any where near as being the same?
One would take twice as long as the other.

If your doing that for 6.5k that's madness! There is no money to be earnt in that apart from mediocre wages which I could earn In a supermarket or any pretty basic job.
No thanks!

I don't know your labour charges, i know mine but I'm couldn't justify 6K approx.

we both know that render only your not going to be far off with £4k for access and materials, sorry to be the one who said it mate, but £10k plus, fook me, if your getting it craic on but that is the most iv heard of.

we are considered expensive and loose a lot of job due to price.

like iv said mate, your a good lad and i thought you'd take it better.

the only thing i can say mate which might be better is when you get a machine work speeds up and you can turnover more jobs, putting on by hand obviously its more of a ballache

hang on, you have work to do but you've spent last 20 mins looking through my message history?

hows that work.

regarding bonding and pva, never had a call back.

my builder, cost £20, nothing to lose.

whats your point? are you upset because i told you to fook off, get over it, its a forum people disagree.

Nope not read through your history just what I've read the last couple of months..

And far from upset find you pretty amusing.

Look Mac if you go out with the thinking that everyone quoting around you is cheaper or what ever out play them, explain full specs etc, if the customer goes for the cheaper lads let them get on with it, that's not the category you want to be pricing in

I don't know your labour charges, i know mine but I'm couldn't justify 6K approx.

we both know that render only your not going to be far off with £4k for access and materials, sorry to be the one who said it mate, but £10k plus, fook me, if your getting it craic on but that is the most iv heard of.

the only thing i can say mate which might be better is when you get a machine work speeds up and you can turnover more jobs, putting on by hand obviously its more of a ballache

I'm taking it fine mac, you've said about me being expensive which makes no difference to me, I'd rather be that then cheap.

What I'm wondering is how the hell you could do the job I mentioned for 6.5k.

You couldn't is my point.
I think you generalised your idea of the cost without reading my post properly.

I bet you'd be a lot closer to 8.5-9 and that's keeping it tight still.
I don't keep tight I make profit.
I'm not risking 4K of materials to make wages.

The point of my thread was also what do people do in these situations not what people think of my price. Thats means nothing to me. I get work at my prices so people can laugh all they like.

Like you say people would laugh at me for giving that price, I'd laugh at the people like you giving the price you have.
My days of working for wages are hopefully behind me.
I created my business to make a profit.

Nope not read through your history just what I've read the last couple of months..

And far from upset find you pretty amusing.

Look Mac if you go out with the thinking that everyone quoting around you is cheaper or what ever out play them, explain full specs etc, if the customer goes for the cheaper lads let them get on with it, that's not the category you want to be pricing in

look mate, apologies if i upset you regarding the sharp tongue, honestly mate its all good fun.

2 serious points id like to make to you, i didn't mention pricing firstly, others did.

secondly, i am offering jordan a little advice, now most on here won't tell you how it is, he doesn't have to take it and he can tell me to fook off.

i have priced over £100k of externals since xmas, which isn't a lot on the grand scheme of things, and i do think its the time of year where dreamers and time wasters are most active, now we have got plenty of work booked in, i am waiting for the frost to pass so we can confidently get back out, but the general feedback i get from customers is that we are a very expensive rendering company where we are based.

i have spoken to customers iv left quotes with and its either a. we didn't realise how much it was or b. we've had a price for £xxx and the prices have been rock bottom.

now we do offer all the trimmings with guarantees and what not but, it maybe an area thing but, its the prices that people look at first.

it astonishes me how low i hear others doing rendering and i wish we could charge a lot more as its hard work even with a machine, but the reality of it is, we wouldn't have any work.

Anyone watched keeping up with the Khan's? One of those renderers on there now works for me. He is lucky if he cleared £40 a day and had to wait 2 months to get paid. Thats how it is up here in South Yorkshire, you are competing with renderers signing on and working for £40 a day.

He now works for me for more than that, legit and he's happy.

It's impossible to talk prices for rendering so many variables and everyone has different overheads, living costs.

Just charge the highest amount you can get away with (whilst being reasonably fair)

Try turning up in a suit to do the quote mate, I've one it a couple of times doubled the price and got it. Amazing what effect a suit can have on a bored housewife ;)

I'm not interested in turning up in a suit.

I wear a polo shirt with the logo on, I price as much as the local rates allow me to charge while still being in with a chance.

We are booked up with rendering until around May as of now, turning over a good profit and paying my lad a wage.

I'd like to charge more (who wouldn't) but we simply wouldn't get any work, I'd rather be out there earning/turning over good money constantly than sat at home earning great money 1 week out of the month.

And without going into great detail, I am more expensive than other rendering companies around Sheffield & South Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.