Cpi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
its worth sealing the walls to make your job less stressfull. render or plaster drying to fast is the hardest part of our trade

Potentially, dosing down the walls with water ( as we have done in the past) and as you prob do, is still the most ecomonic answer.

To be honest Mark I've never hosed a Celcon or Thermalite wall down before rendering it. I don't lay on big areas before ruling of though, I prefer to use screeds and then drop down the wall in stages laying on the full depth in one coat (11mm) and only put a coat right over a wall if there is to much thickness for just the one.

To be honest Mark I've never hosed a Celcon or Thermalite wall down before rendering it. I don't lay on big areas before ruling of though, I prefer to use screeds and then drop down the wall in stages laying on the full depth in one coat (11mm) and only put a coat right over a wall if there is to much thickness for just the one.

Ahh, text book floating, the thing you will have a problem with getting your head round, is a total change to how you aproach your floating. The machine will put the gear on so fast , you will need to adapt to freestyle floating, and surveying the wall prior to spraying to establish low and high spots and spray acordingly.

a very good piece on the spray finish Andy.

Mark

Cheers for that Mark, I have floated walls with the free style method before and wouldn't have a problem changing over if we could get that CPI on the wall quick enough to rule it of without having to feck about with primer. If only. No more pushing the gear up the wall.

Cant you just give it a quick blast to seal it then go over the top?

ok, the blocks we have always had to spray cpi onto were celcon but all we did is what spunky said, went round the room with a splatter coat and then carried on with someone ruling, all i can say is, it was a dream to use, we didn't start floating until about 1, the splatter coat held everything back, they were skimmed about 4 days later and again it went like a dream. Don't listen to the welsh numpty with all these stupid ideas about sealing walls first, putting accelerator in the barrels. listen to people who have walked the walk . lol

was gonna say the same thing. splatter all the walls one afternoon or something. would only take an hour or so.

Good thread thanks for the info guys. Is there no other material that can be sprayed that don't suck the **** out of finish the next day?

that's right don't listen to me.

you cant use an accellerator with a leccy machine

and don't seal walls to make life easier

i'm off to do some coloring in now wiv me crayons

blones i got glenn a colouring book for xmas a few years ago you should of seen his face when he opened his present then he called me a ****

who betty, and you welsh inbreds lost the rugby, back to the hills chasing sheep for the welsh rugby team lol

i'm off to do some coloring in now wiv me crayons[/QUOTE]

I believe that they put waterproofer in CPI how well does this work? If it works well then we should be able to use Spray Finish on it as well.

cpi is ok but sounds like nuts and bolts going through the machine

CPI. has been graded with a broken sieve, theres some big ugly aggregate in there. All the same its still creamy as ever and a joy to use.....you get what you pay for, and against OCR ££££ its a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.