Cpi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
do they pay half decent rates for s+c andy?

and have you ever tried any mp75/thistle projection??

Last edited:
I'd love it if they brought s&c floating back on site, only done a year or so on end of my apprentership and much prefered it, never get to use any for floatig these days...

Can float for a few days, then drop back and plaster...Love it!..

The gang I learned with used S/C all the time, like you say...few days of floating and develin up, then turn back for mussive sets of the creamy siraphite...... ahh those were the days ..:RpS_biggrin:

Can float for a few days, then drop back and plaster...Love it!..

That's one of the main reasons I think using S&C is so efficient, less chopping and changing. On say a five bed house I'd always float right through then turn back and skim the ceilings right through before turning back on the walls. Hopefully it's going to be even more efficient using the Ritmo I'm going to order, honestly I will Stu.

That's one of the main reasons I think using S&C is so efficient, less chopping and changing. On say a five bed house I'd always float right through then turn back and skim the ceilings right through before turning back on the walls. Hopefully it's going to be even more efficient using the Ritmo I'm going to order, honestly I will Stu.

Yeah, definitely...That's the way i'd approach it to..

I'm going to start looking for a nice new build to float out...Ha ha

The Lad I was taught by had a whole site to himself he'd do a 3 bed in a week float set it and skim the ceilings

just go ahead and do it mate. we been using a g4 all year now. best thing we have done. was actualuy pissed of this week wen had to get hawk out to do sum sand and cement. role on tuesday wen we back on mp75

just go ahead and do it mate. we been using a g4 all year now. best thing we have done. was actualuy pissed of this week wen had to get hawk out to do sum sand and cement. role on tuesday wen we back on mp75

Lee you must be getting good at the MP now mate. hows Gene doin

working for stu in sevenoaks atm dave so mp is the spec and b4 that was just doin hardwall with it on 2 big jobs. we doin ok john cnt realy get masive metres on on this job they quite bity apartments fire 2 much on and the finish result will suffer. u played with ur new toy yet. you got the skiming and acrylic set up aswel

Sorry lads butting in Lee how do you get on with angles especially if you're going into a skimmed ceiling with mp are they tricky to get straight cause I imagine you can't cut em back like hardwall what's it like with the hardwall too mate do you treat it the same flatten it then rule it? I've been told you have to spray it wet mate does it take a while to go off and what's it like to float ..think that's it lol

No it ain't lol....what's the rotor and stator wear like with hardwall and how often are you cleaning the machine out?

I'd love one but I've got to keep it real to myself I don't do enough mono work and h/sets rare nowadays if I got on a big enough job and a second hander came up I'd get it and push myself to get the work after or sell it......there a fun way to work I love em

Me and simps were doing 125m staircases in a day and a half with mp75 you'd never do that with hardwall just 2 off you god knows how many we could do on straight runs .......every time you use one it gets you thinking

@ Spunky and wiganlad
What do you think of the finish you can achieve with MP75, do you think you can get it as good as F&S?

working for stu in sevenoaks atm dave so mp is the spec and b4 that was just doin hardwall with it on 2 big jobs. we doin ok john cnt realy get masive metres on on this job they quite bity apartments fire 2 much on and the finish result will suffer. u played with ur new toy yet. you got the skiming and acrylic set up aswel

no mucker we just use it for mono, it wont spray skim or acrylic.

Sorry lads butting in Lee how do you get on with angles especially if you're going into a skimmed ceiling with mp are they tricky to get straight cause I imagine you can't cut em back like hardwall what's it like with the hardwall too mate do you treat it the same flatten it then rule it? I've been told you have to spray it wet mate does it take a while to go off and what's it like to float ..think that's it lol

corners are pretty easy if your good with an edge, then run an angle when its still a bit soft. ideally u do opposites. hardwall u spray pretty much as normal, it takes a bit longer to go off but iv found it eats your r+s.

Andy the actual finish is alright you're sponging it so it looks nice and even you'd have to give it a hard trowel a bit later in the set it takes ages to go off don't want to be a stick in the mud but personally I still think you get a better finish float set but I can't really speak tbh I haven't done enough mp75 to get really into it......you get miles on though if you're getting float set rates you'll earn good money

its nice mate. its the only time u get to use hardwall with no lumps in it. i now use a nice little trick my blones told me, which is when it starts to firm but is still quite wet, mist it with water and sponge float it instead of float. orgasmic

yeah. i used to work on my own a lot. as long as its not on thermos, i used to spray say anywhere up to say 8-10 bags on a wall. then put down the gun, ruler the whole wall, spray any misses and hollows, another rule, then onto the next wall. it only takes like 10 mins to get 7-8 bags onto the wall, so its still nice and wet for ruling

yeah. i used to work on my own a lot. as long as its not on thermos, i used to spray say anywhere up to say 8-10 bags on a wall. then put down the gun, ruler the whole wall, spray any misses and hollows, another rule, then onto the next wall. it only takes like 10 mins to get 7-8 bags onto the wall, so its still nice and wet for ruling

So how wet do you spray CPI and roughly how much could you put onto dry celcons before needing to rule it of?

spray cpi about the same as ud use it by hand, maybe tiny bit wetter. i havent ever tried it on celcons. i imagine itd be a pain in the arse tho. coz when u spray its not going on flat like a trowel, its in bands, and if it dries its a bitch to rule out. ud want someone right next to u ruling i would tings.

mp75 tho over celcons and u get about 20 mins before u need to rule as it doesnt suck into anything for some reaon

Andy,

I certainly would not consider going over any celcons until I had addressed the suction from hell issue. Internally we spec a high suction primer ( Gyprime or the like). You will be able to spray a good few metres before droping back to rule off.

You will have also iliminated any chance of rapid dehydration of your mortar, leading to a weak and friable backing coat ,and possible faliure.

Andy,

I certainly would not consider going over any celcons until I had addressed the suction from hell issue. Internally we spec a high suction primer ( Gyprime or the like). You will be able to spray a good few metres before droping back to rule off.

You will have also iliminated any chance of rapid dehydration of your mortar, leading to a weak and friable backing coat ,and possible faliure.

Bloody hell spraying CPI onto Celcons sounds like a nightmare. I've plastered hundreds of houses out with normal S&C straight onto Celcons without any problems and spraying CPI onto Celcons was going to be my main use for a Ritmo.

Potentially, dosing down the walls with water ( as we have done in the past) and as you prob do, is still the most ecomonic answer.

If you are very carefull and mindfull of how you may potentially damage timber decking systems that have been soaked from a over zelous plasterer) then this is a good route. However from my experience,guys left on site do not always adhere to same careful virtues as perhaps some one like yourself.

With this in mind, I always insist that all celcon/thermalite etc are sealed in this manner. It means 2 things....1 I know that timber decking systems and other construction materials are not going to be damaged by water, and secondly I can be sure my guys have not compramised the integrity of the backing plaster by failing to address high suction substrates prior to coating up.

This aside, you will still be glad of your purchase, and will be so much more productive and less worn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.