Corner trowel twicher tips

Members online

No members online now.
Only ever put an entire room on once, found all the wet angles from ceiling to the corner of two walls a bit of a ball ache. Would prefer to just break up the sets and do two separate ceilings in two rooms or opposite walls in different rooms. Refina do a good set of corner trowels (I’ve always called it an angle tool for some reason?)

I actually find it quicker to have a full room of wet angles can fly around with a corner trowel quicker than cutting back angles I find..

I use to struggle with a corner trowel but once I was shown how to use one properly they are perfect.

The biggest mistake people make with a corner trowel is getting on them too soon... and then putting ridges in the corners...

Only ever put an entire room on once, found all the wet angles from ceiling to the corner of two walls a bit of a ball ache. Would prefer to just break up the sets and do two separate ceilings in two rooms or opposite walls in different rooms. Refina do a good set of corner trowels (I’ve always called it an angle tool for some reason?)

The first room I put all on in one set was hard work but as soon as it is second coated it hanged lovely and troweled up great... best thing for me was to not give a f**k and worry about it

If I had a full room to throw on in 1 gauge and didn't have a corner trowel I'd go home...

As essential to me as a mixer, handboard & trowel

I use to struggle with a corner trowel but once I was shown how to use one properly they are perfect.

The biggest mistake people make with a corner trowel is getting on them too soon... and then putting ridges in the corners...
When you use one put some plster on the corner trowel and fill you angles out properly dont just use it without filling out

I actually use mine to iron in the corners for the flatten of first coat flatten second coat and throughout the trowelling process. Would it be advisable to leave the wet angles alone until it’s time to trowel up? Just curious how different people do it ive got my own system which seems to work ok but if I’m honest I do prefer to avoid wet angles if there is enough to get on with in separate rooms

don't mind wet angles me part of the job sometimes you have to put on more than opposite walls to complete the job wouldn't be without mine

Imo I use them like @Gibbo does every time I use my trowel to flatten I use my corner trowel either before or after...

Just treat them like another trowel you use with regards timing and pressure...

I guess if unsure id say can get away with not using on 1st coat and start using from 2nd trowel onwards on 2nd coat...

That said sometimes I dont use until right until the end and only use them once at the end of the set..

don't mind wet angles me part of the job sometimes you have to put on more than opposite walls to complete the job wouldn't be without mine
Small rooms and skylights for example it’s necessary because you don’t want to be breaking up tiny little sets.

I actually use mine to iron in the corners for the flatten of first coat flatten second coat and throughout the trowelling process. Would it be advisable to leave the wet angles alone until it’s time to trowel up? Just curious how different people do it ive got my own system which seems to work ok but if I’m honest I do prefer to avoid wet angles if there is enough to get on with in separate rooms

I leave mine till it is firm but stil malleable

@Cornelius - if you get used to using it like a normal trowel then it will become second nature and you can adapt yourself. As @Gibbo said above, get a bit of gear on the end of the twitcher and run it down the angle and the angle will take what it needs. Twitching angles is a piece of piss.

Looks decent

Bought it off the recommendation of someone on this thread. Only about 7 squid I think, so quite happy to experiment at that price.

Funny really, still got a long way to go with all of this, but I've come to the conclusion that stress causes plaster to set quicker :D I'm more chilled now, so apart from getting on it early with the speedy, getting the timings better before towelling up and same for the twitcher.
At the mo, just give it a quick twitch just before 2nd coat. Might be too early for some of you, but seems to work for me. I'm sure this will change as I'm still learning this s**t
Anyway, I'm a picky f**k*r, so just trust my eye and try and learn with every hit. Rambling again....:sleep:

@Cornelius - if you get used to using it like a normal trowel then it will become second nature and you can adapt yourself. As @Gibbo said above, get a bit of gear on the end of the twitcher and run it down the angle and the angle will take what it needs. Twitching angles is a piece of piss.
I’ve done that and it does help to load the corner trowel with some skim on it and use it like that.

I’ve done that and it does help to load the corner trowel with some skim on it and use it like that.

i only 1 coat mate....no need to load it.
a decent angle trowel is needed.
you'l know if its sitting tidy (y)
get on them early and finish them late.
pulling angles after every trowel makes life harder.

Attachments

• 20170513_170353.jpg
    20170513_170353.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 235

Phhhhhh not even gone round pipes!!!

All this talk of corner trowels is wetting my taste buds for a cheeky (unnecessary) little purchase before Christmas!!

I've been shredding old tax files from the 90's onwards - the missus has just told me we only need to keep the last three years :mad:.
Found these old receipts for two twitchers - they are cheaper now to buy than in 2001.

Note to @zombie - to save you the trouble....
Who gives a fukc

I got beroexpert one , small one I like better tbh , was gonna get a putz one but never in stock lol

I wouldn't be without my one, I still brush the corners in with a 12" fence brush and leave a roll of 80grit paper behind too :tarjetaroja: