Corner trowel twicher tips

Members online

I bet you can mate a guy of your calibre ! ! must admit to get into the top corner of the internal when the ceiling and wall angles are wet that a newish trowel is best as needs to be pretty square but I often turn mine back to front until the last couple of trowels
I can do it with easifil:LOL:

Never twitch too soon else you can push a horrible little dip in the corner, only use mine on second pass . If set has picked up a bit put a bit of fat on the tip of your twitcher before running down. I prefer the wings bent in a touch . Finishing a wet angle is like making love to a woman; use your tool too soon and you can spoil the finish and have to use your finger to tidy up.
emoji106.png
"Don't twitch too soon" and the relevant explanation is pure gold @Olican....funny

"Non cito pervellerit" is the Latin (yes, I am a scholar).... I think I'll put it on my invoices, or have a coat of arms made....lol

Thanks Danny...that's helpful mate. Just thought it might be a good place to try it out. :)

He was joking mate, you don't know him yet:D! If you follow this method you are very likely to end up with the Scottish higlands in the corners:D. I run the trowel after the first coat, second - speedskim and refinas 0.7mm finishing spatula. Always is a good laugh when I come back and ask the painter why he has filled my nice and sharp corners and ask him to clean them , otherwise they won't pass. Well, works only the first time after that is a laugh for all of us :D

He was joking mate, you don't know him yet:D! If you follow this method you are very likely to end up with the Scottish higlands in the corners:D. I run the trowel after the first coat, second - speedskim and refinas 0.7mm finishing spatula. Always is a good laugh when I come back and ask the painter why he has filled my nice and sharp corners and ask him to clean them , otherwise they won't pass. Well, works only the first time after that is a laugh for all of us :D

Don't worry mate, I can read inbetween the lines! :D

nowt wrong with my corners :D

Did cupboards today with the twitcher. Came out pretty good...I'm pleased but was thinking that the MT twitcher Id bought was a bit cumbersome, especially as its quite flared. Any others to consider?

Did cupboards today with the twitcher. Came out pretty good...I'm pleased but was thinking that the MT twitcher Id bought was a bit cumbersome, especially as its quite flared. Any others to consider?
I hate hate hate, corner trowels absolutely cannot use them but only had MT ones, always do them without but it is slower, bought a refina one week ago. used it and actually want to try again tomorrow, will let you know how that goes

Refina do some nice ones smaller sizes, less cumbersome I'd imagine. I've got an ox which is just ok nothing special though.

I hate hate hate, corner trowels absolutely cannot use them but only had MT ones, always do them without but it is slower, bought a refina one week ago. used it and actually want to try again tomorrow, will let you know how that goes

That would be good...cheers mate. I'm still on a big learning curve, and don't have any other benchmark, so bought MT as presumed it was pretty standard and decent.

Lay your first coat on, clean your buckets etc, flatten in, just before your ready for your second coat run the twitcher at an angle, watching not to hit wings on walls, form your corners on the first coat then the second coat is a breeze. Second coat just trowel into your corner with a little muck, after flattening a quick run down with the corner trowel, then after wet trowel get a 1 inch brush on it. Perfect, love the corner trowel!

I keep trying to tell that to myself :)

Lol I been plastering years, work has nearly always been good - really good, couple of decent decorators and builders really like my work and recommend me + lots of satisfied customers

Turns out I didn't know I was 2 coating all wrong, never really used fresh gear for second coat.

For the record it's easier to get a good finish 2 coating propely. :)

Lay your first coat on, clean your buckets etc, flatten in, just before your ready for your second coat run the twitcher at an angle, watching not to hit wings on walls, form your corners on the first coat then the second coat is a breeze. Second coat just trowel into your corner with a little muck, after flattening a quick run down with the corner trowel, then after wet trowel get a 1 inch brush on it. Perfect, love the corner trowel!

That's weird...that's pretty much what I did mate. I've tried the twitcher before and got 2 railway lines up the corner, so I left it till start of second mix as I though it was still too soft when I d flattened off the first. Put a bit of gear on the tip and voila...half decent corner. Layed on 2nd coat , and left it as late as I dared and not too shabby after a quick brush up. Know it will take time, and tbf, I prob will never need to do that much edge to edge work, but saved a bit of time and felt like Id learnt something.

Lol I been plastering years, work has nearly always been good - really good, couple of decent decorators and builders really like my work and recommend me + lots of satisfied customers

Turns out I didn't know I was 2 coating all wrong, never really used fresh gear for second coat.

For the record it's easier to get a good finish 2 coating propely. :)

FairPlay mate, at least you can admit it and learn from it :)

I'm pretty much self taught...so in the new year, I might see if I can get some experience with some proper spreads.
I'm one of those arsehole multi trade type guys :D

That's weird...that's pretty much what I did mate. I've tried the twitcher before and got 2 railway lines up the corner, so I left it till start of second mix as I though it was still too soft when I d flattened off the first. Put a bit of gear on the tip and voila...half decent corner. Layed on 2nd coat , and left it as late as I dared and not too shabby after a quick brush up. Know it will take time, and tbf, I prob will never need to do that much edge to edge work, but saved a bit of time and felt like Id learnt something.

It does take time mate as with everything I had the railway lines at first...its all about the angle you hold it at I use a small twitch easier to handle...on my first coat I leave a bit in the corner just a couple of mm doesn't matter if a bit more less...it's all about timing, just leave the first coat as long as you can, then apply a bit of pressure you will get a good corner...I do the same for curved ceilings, form the curve on the first coat, then the second coat very tight coat over

It does take time mate as with everything I had the railway lines at first...its all about the angle you hold it at I use a small twitch easier to handle...on my first coat I leave a bit in the corner just a couple of mm doesn't matter if a bit more less...it's all about timing, just leave the first coat as long as you can, then apply a bit of pressure you will get a good corner...I do the same for curved ceilings, form the curve on the first coat, then the second coat very tight coat over

Cheers mate...all good for the confidence :)

FairPlay mate, at least you can admit it and learn from it :)

I'm pretty much self taught...so in the new year, I might see if I can get some experience with some proper spreads.
I'm one of those arsehole multi trade type guys :D

I don't feel too bad about it. Works never rough but it's because of here that I have heard things. Never seen a speed skim or s*p*r*lex before this year but I love them, and my body is loving me for changing a few things.

Are you plastering or trying to seduce the fuucking thing ??
Nice n gentle sweet and soft.......my god twitching
Pressure
And very tight .....ive got 3 kids it just involved getting drunk !!