Certified Plasterer Scheme - Q&A

Members online

Another straight forward question

What are the public going to allegedly be made aware of British gypsum or roomsmadeforyou ?

I believe it to the latter ?

you mean the excluding themselves from liability for anything and everything? i would expect nothing less from them. you'd have a better chance of contacting the man on the moon than bg if the s**t hits the van on one of the jobs. i agree.

As soon as you use a product that aint bg you are onto plumbs with warranty.
grit at over £60 bangers no substitute, all bg tape ,were do i stop.
you better be stocked up with all bg products.
now guys remember no pva allowed. The British Gypsum guarantee will cover complimentary products used in the plastering process but does not include products manufactured by competitor firms.
I phoned irish gyproc last week to ask a question. And I was told to use bandit or pva or gupprime. And Irish gyproc don't stand by scrim or pva.

you mean the excluding themselves from liability for anything and everything? i would expect nothing less from them. you'd have a better chance of contacting the man on the moon than bg if the s**t hits the van on one of the jobs. i agree.

All rendering and plastering company's do that tbh.

You need to look beyond the obvious ! At the moment BG have realised they can do a few more millions via job site, which they have missed to take advantage by now. It won't be any different than the existing across the border , for now. I mean , you don't expect the major manufacturer in UK to follow someone else's Busines plan? They won't make as much muney from membership than cutting the middle sales man and selling the products direct to the trades. If I was BG , that's exactly what I will do. The rest is only smoke.

If bg stopped making plastering products today there would be a lot of people sat at home next week. U need them and they need u. Plus if I was them i wouldn't come on here all they do is get s**t.

Your like a dog with a bone lol
image.gif

I phoned irish gyproc last week to ask a question. And I was told to use bandit or pva or gupprime. And Irish gyproc don't stand by scrim or pva.
Don't c why Irish saint gobain are different. Confusing.
Bg don't guarantee anything done with pva.
If you need the work then I might be a good thing for u.
I don't so no need for me to join.
Also do not want to do commercial stuff as it was a nightmare getting paid that this will lead onto.

Don't c why Irish saint gobain are different. Confusing.
Bg don't guarantee anything done with pva.
If you need the work then I might be a good thing for u.
I don't so no need for me to join.
Also do not want to do commercial stuff as it was a nightmare getting paid that this will lead onto.
Same company with different rules. Irish gyproc will only stand by paper tape on joints b4 u skim.

It's a British gypsum scheme that they want absolutely no part of. It's in black and white
youve lost me. still not sure where youre coming from with the terms of use and diffrence between bg and rooms for you.

i watched the other thread and i think it was probably pulled in the end because it became too aggressive and personal rather than bg asking for it. i had one post on this thread pulled but that was probably for the same reason. which is fair enough. they are a sponsor after all. i havent seen any posts or threads pulled just because they criticize bg. and im no apologist for bg. i certainly wouldnt want to be stuck in a lift with the bg rep on here.

If bg stopped making plastering products today there would be a lot of people sat at home next week. U need them and they need u. Plus if I was them i wouldn't come on here all they do is get s**t.
They are big boys,,,we pay their income.
If this is the biggest site in the world for plasterers surely they can come on here on a regular basis.they are reading these threads as you know.
They have our market sewn up that's why they don't give a s**t about us.

They make a product. I buy the product. They don't owe me feck all. I have sandwiches made with Kingsmill bread most days but I'm not kicking off cos they don't come on here.....

They make a product. I buy the product. They don't owe me feck all. I have sandwiches made with Kingsmill bread most days but I'm not kicking off cos they don't come on here.....
I don't know about that pug. I'm on first name terms with James Dyson and John West because I love hoovering and tuna. Vidal Sassoon never answers my calls any more though :loco:

Why are they members of the forum.
Guess it's only to promote their business.

youve lost me. still not sure where youre coming from with the terms of use and diffrence between bg and rooms for you.

i watched the other thread and i think it was probably pulled in the end because it became too aggressive and personal rather than bg asking for it. i had one post on this thread pulled but that was probably for the same reason. which is fair enough. they are a sponsor after all. i havent seen any posts or threads pulled just because they criticize bg. and im no apologist for bg. i certainly wouldnt want to be stuck in a lift with the bg rep on here.
To be fair if you was stuck in a lift they would probably just ignore you ;)

Lol, this is being hailed as a great scheme from British gypsum but clearly they do not rate it hence the disclaimer from all to do with it, I'd liken it to dulux putting on a tin of paint that the colour is magnolia but in the event it's not then it's not our fault.

I think plasterers have it easy with BG to be honest. At least you only have one main company not giving a monkey's about you.

I can't think of a single manufacturer in the building game that does give a toss and respond to end users. I would guess that I deal with 20+ suppliers and hundreds of manufacturers. The only thing any of them are interested in is selling their stuff. If something goes wrong or becomes a problem they look at your monthly/annual spend and react in proportion to that.

It's capitalism gentlemen, might is right. :fuckyou: