Certified Plasterer Scheme - Q&A

Members online

@BritishGypsum
From what I read on here the expectations are high to get on board. Is that a try to bring the standard on domestic up to site work? And what you will do if you find out sme of the members are not leaving up to BG standards job? I think most of the domestic served plasterers have never put a foot on site and have no idea what the standards now days are, or been kicked out of sites . How much control you will have over the standards and products used on domestic?

Thanks
Lol the standards on site are shocking and the skill set is even worse, rare you get someone who can board and skim never mind the other 80% of the craft.

It will probably be between 4pm and 5pm and usually be answered with good question, send us your details and we will call you ;)

@ British gypsum--
?
Are lecturers / tutor automatically enrolled onto the scheme ---- free of charge :inocente:?

And the last two posts basically sum the forum up these days. They set up a thread specifically to answer questions instead of jumping in the middle of the last handbags at dawn one and people still complain. Its pretty rediculous really.
Just my opinion mate, I suspect the lack of interest in the scheme has prompted bg to actually get on the forum and try and sell it? the guys that have got their memberships think it's great and they want people to respect the fact they are "approved" but it doesn't hold any weight because whoever approved you hasn't spent enough time watching you ply your trade in every aspect. Skimming rendering boarding floating screeding etc not to mention customer service housekeeping and all the other skills a decent tradesman needs to get by.

Just my opinion mate, I suspect the lack of interest in the scheme has prompted bg to actually get on the forum and try and sell it? the guys that have got their memberships think it's great and they want people to respect the fact they are "approved" but it doesn't hold any weight because whoever approved you hasn't spent enough time watching you ply your trade in every aspect. Skimming rendering boarding floating screeding etc not to mention customer service housekeeping and all the other skills a decent tradesman needs to get by.

I respect your opinion. By the way plastering is a craft not a trade.

@malc

In my opinion bg tries to keep up with the kardashians, just look around how many schemes and review sites and lead providers out there, every trade tries to bolt on at least one of those to have online presence and leads coming in, these things comes with a running cost so that's why they charge£250 a year. It works for some and it won't benefit some. I see it black and white.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

.... here's the chance to get stuff off your chest

i got the stuff off my chest, just like you said. but now it's been deleted, you'll be glad to know. it was basically stating the facts. that they couldn't be arsed answering any of the tags on the the bg thread. but think everyone should put a note in the diary for a week tomorrow when they might or might not deign to answer a few questions then sod off. you grovelling lickspittle

Has anyone used those sticky beads that you spray water on to save time......and you can smash your tool box into them...... Or is that a complete non starter as well?

i got the stuff off my chest, just like you said. but now it's been deleted, you'll be glad to know. it was basically stating the facts. that they couldn't be arsed answering any of the tags on the the bg thread. but think everyone should put a note in the diary for a week tomorrow when they might or might not deign to answer a few questions then sod off. you grovelling lickspittle
image.jpeg

Has anyone used those sticky beads that you spray water on to save time......and you can smash your tool box into them...... Or is that a complete non starter as well?
I have used them and to be fair was alright but got them for free so had nothing to lose on board work and skimmed over on a reskim no good cos some of us like to plumb up pissed corners so basically for perfect board work

And he said he is not moderating the forum at all:rayos:

I got another question please BG is it true there is a standard minium plasterers wage on the scheme being set at £300 cash a day.?

i would like to ask BG , to be a plasterer you do need to be able to carry out different disciplines most of which do not involve BG. ie floor screeding, external wall insulation, rendering, lime work,pargetting etc. or is this just another skimmers paradise?
i served a 5 year apprenticeship the only qualification that i have ever had. no csc card, i have never been unemployed, seen upteen recesions, so why do i need to join your list?
You don't

Brilliant i'll look forward to it. Anyway i can't keep flirting with all you lickspittles all night, got a big day 2moro putting two bags of magnetic on for a scheme customer and she insists on making me a b*****d fry up every morning.

Night hero's x

So many question ........ it will be long before we read the whole dissertation on here, so keep it short chaps! I bet it will be one post , more or les gps style from bg website .

Who vets the ones doing the assessing though and it's easy to finger point and find fault say they had row with Mrs in morning then take it out on one they assessing