breathable Monocouche render

Samples received here which I think is meant to be their monoblanco equivalent? I'll spray it next week on a monoblanco job I'm doing. See the difference

How much is Rasolite? Is it coloured and is it scratchable

Rasolite is £10 per bag, it is white natural colour and stretchable. After having applied base coat of Rasolite, the final Rasolite coat could be applied in a thin and constant layer, which could be finished with a sponge trowel in order to obtain a sponged finish.

We had to sponge finish the bauwer too can't Trowell it up and we used ritmo l as a conveyor because of the mixing shaft situation. Don't think they do the shafts for the l only g4 g5

Bauwer light is to light for standard shaft to mix and force down the chamber or something like that. Sure the monocouche is different

Bauwer light is to light for standard shaft to mix and force down the chamber or something like that. Sure the monocouche is different

Ive just found this out today. And I put in a price for a job yesterday. Don't think I'll do the job if I can't use the machine. What did u do mix and put the Bauwer Light in the hopper. There would be a lot of mixing on a good size job. What depth could you get on in one pass with the ritmo l.

Ive just found this out today. And I put in a price for a job yesterday. Don't think I'll do the job if I can't use the machine. What did u do mix and put the Bauwer Light in the hopper. There would be a lot of mixing on a good size job. What depth could you get on in one pass with the ritmo l.

Should be EZE[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What's the dance with needing a different shaft?? @Bauwer

Dgplastering already replied on this one. Bauwer Light is simply too light, about 6 times lighter vs material you would normally use. So it need to be pushed into machine in a controlled manner as gravity would no work for light weight Bauwer Light. When we use mixing shaft for light mixes material is not being fed consistently as some of it being pushed up -> material misses and "farting". The solution is the mixing shaft with more pushing surface in it, called bionic. Bauwer Light is applied nicely with a bionic mixing shaft on G4, G5, monojet or applied nicely with Mtec 330. Bionic shaft for Ritmo should be available shortly as well. Please see both mixing shafts below, as you could see not much deference really, only the pushing surface is larger on bionic shaft:

Bionic shaft:

Ordinary shaft for light weight plasters:

Last edited:
Dgplastering already replied on this one. Bauwer Light is simply too light, about 6 times lighter vs material you would normally use. So it need to be pushed into machine in a controlled manner as gravity would no work for light weight Bauwer Light. When we use mixing shaft for light mixes material is not being fed consistently as some of it being pushed up -> material misses and "farting". The solution is the mixing shaft with more pushing surface in it, called bionic. Bauwer Light is applied nicely with a bionic mixing shaft on G4, G5, monojet or applied nicely with Mtec 330. Bionic shaft for Ritmo should be available shortly as well. Please see both mixing shafts below, as you could see not much deference really, only the pushing surface is larger on bionic shaft:

Bionic shaft:

Ordinary shaft for light weight plasters:
So if we buy some of your gear do we get a free mixing shaft with our 1st order :)

You can do it in on pass at about 20mm but we had a play and found that it's better to put a pass on and flatten off before a second pass it's quite a bit to get used too also ya can't really rule off large areas as it pulls n tiers so it's best doing 6ft at a time also really soak the walls a couple of hours before and I mean soak we will put price up on next job as it's not something I think we can do massive m2 with yet @clemo

You can do it in on pass at about 20mm but we had a play and found that it's better to put a pass on and flatten off before a second pass it's quite a bit to get used too also ya can't really rule off large areas as it pulls n tiers so it's best doing 6ft at a time also really soak the walls a couple of hours before and I mean soak we will put price up on next job as it's not something I think we can do massive m2 with yet @clemo

I'd say it is perfectly reasonable to price Bauwer Light jobs higher vs traditional rendering and plastering jobs as customer receives a thermal upgrade to his home as well, eg better U value and lower energy bill each year.

Improved thermal value of a property could be easily calculated by our simple U value calculator:
http://bauwer.co.uk/Calculator.html?#CALCULATOR

I used Bauwer mono chrome late last week and was really impressed, only 10 bags so hand applied and it was lovely to work with, the blocks was out badly and had no problem building up thickness. Also this is as white as mono blanco and in my opinion nicer to work with, lovely gear

I used Bauwer mono chrome late last week and was really impressed, only 10 bags so hand applied and it was lovely to work with, the blocks was out badly and had no problem building up thickness. Also this is as white as mono blanco and in my opinion nicer to work with, lovely gear
Is it a quick setter like Weber pral m or steadyaway like monoblanc ?

It's nice to spray as well.

Is it a quick setter like Weber pral m or steadyaway like monoblanc ?

One of the way to apply Mono is - first day apply Mono as a render. The next day apply Mono as a coating and sponge.
It is about 8 hours between two steps.

For the thin coating Arenino or Taloccito (higher grain size vs Arenino, otherwise both materials are virtually the same), apply about 2-3 mm with the first coat and just 1-1.5 mm with the second coat. The second coat of Arenino is a very thin coat, just to obtain a perfect sponged finish. It is about 4-6 hours between two steps.

Arenino and Talocciato are thin coatings and are coming premixed in a bag vs buckets and work out about half price vs popular bucket thin coats like JUB or similar. You could get about 8m2 from each bag of Arenino about 3mm thickness and about 6m2 from one bag of Talocciato. It is highly breathable material, with vapour permeability coefficient just 4, making it ideal for the applications required breathability.

This thin coats could be applied also over tired but solid render as well.

It is high quality, premium materials; first two photos shared above, white and red, are Arenino application.

Used arino on a sample. Rubs up nice

Also scratched it back and looked really nice. Like super fine mono

Attachments

• 1484399178896.jpg
    1484399178896.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 303
Used arino on a sample. Rubs up nice

Also scratched it back and looked really nice. Like super fine mono

Looks good mate!

Have you got a chance to play with Talocciato thin coating as well?
It is a larger grain size, 1.5mm, version of Arenino.

Both coatings Arenino and Talocciato are harsh weather resistant and do not change much their appearance over years while being a cost efficient alternative to the modern thin coats from JUB, K rend or similar.

Looks good mate!

Have you got a chance to play with Talocciato thin coating as well?
It is a larger grain size, 1.5mm, version of Arenino.

Both coatings Arenino and Talocciato are harsh weather resistant and do not change much their appearance over years while being a cost efficient alternative to the modern thin coats from JUB, K rend or similar.

My one looked better :rolleyes: