breathable Monocouche render

Happy new year Rich
Same to you pal.
I've not been on here for a while, I've been on a forum detox, It's been great I've felt like a new man, but tonight I've fallen off the wagon big time and crept into the rendering section.

Yes.... John jfe follows him now instead of you on there. :oops:

Hi @owls,
We introduced a new renders range, including monocouche from our Italian partner Vimark S.r.l. as well as Bauwer highly breathable insulation range.

This is sort of materials which won a large market share in France from a competition due to superior formulation and consistent quality over last 35 years.

I appreciate there are lot of new material in the UK which is not worth trying and time efforts, etc.

Saying that, I would appreciate if we could consider our best selling materials:

- two layer insulation system for traditionally built properties, Bauwer Light + Bauwer Finish/Coloured Arenino
- one layer Rasolite renovation render for traditionally built properties
- monocouche render Mono
- versatile thin coat Arenino

We would be happy to send you a couple of bags to try, for example our Monocouche render Mono.

Let me know what you think, cheers mate.

Best regards,
Alexander

Last edited:
Hi @owls,
We introduced a new renders range, including monocouche from our Italian partner Vimark S.r.l. as well as Bauwer highly breathable insulation range.

This is sort of materials which won a large market share in France from a competition like Parex due to superior formulation and consistent quality over last 35 years.

I appreciate there are lot of new material in the UK which is not worth trying and time efforts, etc.

Saying that, I would appreciate if we could consider our best selling materials:

- two layer insulation system for traditionally built properties, Bauwer Light + Bauwer Finish/Coloured Arenino
- one layer Rasolite renovation render for traditionally built properties
- monocouche render Mono
- versatile thin coat Arenino

We would be happy to send you a couple of bags to try, for example our Monocouche render Mono.

Let me know what you think, cheers mate.

Best regards,
Alexander

Your right it is a congested market for bagged renders,we get a lot of trial renders sent over to use, I've used pretty much them all over the years.
As good as Parex is a strong claim.
I remember Parex coming over years ago when there market share was nearly zero, I was a demonstrator for them at there training centre and to other renderers, and trialled there parinter when they were introducing it to the market.
By all means send me a bag of mono and a bag of your render adhesive that goes over paint.

Your right it is a congested market for bagged renders,we get a lot of trial renders sent over to use, I've used pretty much them all over the years.
As good as Parex is a strong claim.
I remember Parex coming over years ago when there market share was nearly zero, I was a demonstrator for them at there training centre and to other renderers, and trialled there parinter when they were introducing it to the market.
By all means send me a bag of mono and a bag of your render adhesive that goes over paint.

Thanks a lot @owls

Vimark and Parex are manufacturing for the same market, eg France, with the same or similar clients. It is critical to maintain the strong formulation and material quality excellence in order to stay in a big game and keep wining new customers. Parex is the large company while Vimark is a medium size manufacturer.

Mono got a small amount of lime in it, so it is more breathable and slightly lower in density which helps with yield, which is 1.8 m2 at 10mm thickness, per £8 bag, next day delivered price. Otherwise we did not found any major difference vs Monorex.

I appreciate parinter was a great material some years before, and it is probably now, but there are always improvement opportunities. Rasolite could be applied from 3mm up to 30mm depth, in one layer only and finished to a nice white sponged finish. Based on method statement, I understand parinter could go up to 5mm in one layer only, and requires a separate finish coating as well.

We'll send you the samples per your request, if you could just confirm/PM the delivery address, I appreciate a lot thanks. We'll look forward for your feedback. We are also able to make a formulation improvement, should it become necessary.

I hope we would follow the story you experienced some years ago with our Vimark and Bauwer materials as well.

Best regards,
Alexander

How is it superior to parex?
Big statement that as it's one of the best renders around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mate,
Parex is the great range of renders and those set the benchmark in the UK. Legendary material, not doubt here.

I just wanted to say Mono competes successfully with the Parex equivalent, Monorex in France, being more breathable and slightly lower in density.

I did not mean Mono is better in every single category, that would not be fair to say.

Regards, Alexander

Last edited:
Thanks a lot @owls

Vimark and Parex are manufacturing for the same market, eg France, with the same or similar clients. It is critical to maintain the strong formulation and material quality excellence in order to stay in a big game and keep wining new customers. Parex is the large company while Vimark is a medium size manufacturer.

Mono got a small amount of lime in it, so it is more breathable and slightly lower in density which helps with yield, which is 1.8 m2 at 10mm thickness, per £8 bag, next day delivered price. Otherwise we did not found any major difference vs Monorex.

I appreciate parinter was a great material some years before, and it is probably now, but there are always improvement opportunities. Rasolite could be applied from 3mm up to 30mm depth, in one layer only and finished to a nice white sponged finish. Based on method statement, I understand parinter could go up to 5mm in one layer only, and requires a separate finish coating as well.

We'll send you the samples per your request, if you could just confirm/PM the delivery address, I appreciate a lot thanks. We'll look forward for your feedback. We are also able to make a formulation improvement, should it become necessary.

I hope we would follow the story you experienced some years ago with our Vimark and Bauwer materials as well.

Best regards,
Alexander

Your products sound decent.there would be a reason why parinter is spec at 5mm over paint.it can go on thicker over a non painted surface no problem.not sure 30mm would be the best idea over paint mind!!

I'd be interested in a bag of mono and a couple bags of the renovation gear please[emoji106]

Your products sound decent.there would be a reason why parinter is spec at 5mm over paint.it can go on thicker over a non painted surface no problem.not sure 30mm would be the best idea over paint mind!!

I'd be interested in a bag of mono and a couple bags of the renovation gear please[emoji106]

It is possible to apply Rasolite on a solid painted wall up to 30mm; suggest to sand it a little before application and then clean from the dust. In order to achieve 30 mm of thickness I'd suggest applying Rasolite in more coats by trowel. If you want to obtain a right thickness you could use for the fist coat a special trowel, as you use for tiling, and then you can cover the first coat by standard trowel.

Could you please PM the delivery address and the contact number, so we would arrange the delivery for you Monday.

Regards, Alexander

30mm basecoat over paint..I won't be trying that.

Sure, if you can avoid it - avoid it. Clearly you should never do it with our Monocouche render Mono.

In contrast Rasolite is the special renovating coating, similar to parinter but stronger. It was designed for such application, eg over painted solid substrate.

Rasolite is very popular for older building renovation in Italy, more info on this material at other forum thread:

http://www.plasterersforum.com/thre...tionally-built-properties.66030/#post-1016102

Samples received here which I think is meant to be their monoblanco equivalent? I'll spray it next week on a monoblanco job I'm doing. See the difference

How much is Rasolite? Is it coloured and is it scratchable

Samples received here which I think is meant to be their monoblanco equivalent? I'll spray it next week on a monoblanco job I'm doing. See the difference

How much is Rasolite? Is it coloured and is it scratchable

Is it the mono chrome u got to sample. Nice stuff

Yer bionik or something. Have u tried it in a ritmo?

No but I have 2 jobs coming up so I need to get the bionik thing for me the ritmo. Did the Bauwer Finish to day. Trowel it on tight let it pull in a small bit then put on the 2ad coat . Then I sponged it with a sponge u use on sand and cement. Then let it pick up and sponged it again job finished.

Last edited:
No but I have 2 jobs coming up so I need to get the bionik thing for me the ritmo. Did the Bauwer Finish to day. Trowel it on tight let it pull in a small bit then put on the 2ad coat . Then I sponged it with a sponge u use on sand and cement. Then let it pick up and sponged it again job finished.
Is that how it's supposed to be done or are you just doing it clemo styley?

Haven't seen rest of thread is it a sand and cement type finish then? Does it go on something similar to that mortar repair s**t?

Is that how it's supposed to be done or are you just doing it clemo styley?
I was told u can finish it with a stainless steel trowel. I couldn't it was tearing it. So I tried a float no go. Even tried a plastic trowel lol. I did all this on a test panel at home and few months ago. But I found the sponge was the only way to get the best finish. I sponged it twice because that was internal job and wanted the wall to look smooth when painted. But if on external one sponge is good enough. I used the coloured Arenino u can use over Bauwer Finish so no need to paint. It's nice stuff u use a sponge float to finish it.
This is the finish i got with it in the dark lol.
20170106_110411.jpg

That's not bad there mate, How'd u get that finish? Plastic trowel? Looks nearly like topcoat acrylic etc finish (y)
Sponge float I taped it in and out just to see and got that finish. I don't mind doing test panels as u can try stuff out. Am going to see if i can get some sort of finish spraying it and not having to rub it up. Probably won't but one way to find out. @Bauwer some bags for my test centre aka my garden

Try diferent rollers clemo, be creative you lazy c**t ! :D
Show Bauwer you can be the Irish representative :D
Rollers f**k no then I'd have to where overalls. I have a reputation to keep u know.

If none of that makes sense I will understand tomorrow lol am pissed

Rollers f**k no then I'd have to where overalls. I have a reputation to keep u know.

If none of that makes sense I will understand tomorrow lol am pissed

Btw looks good tho, considering its close snap, usually looks finer when you look at it.

Btw looks good tho, considering its close snap, usually looks finer when you look at it.
Don't know what btw means lol. I only take a closer up to show the finish so other plasterers can see for them slefs. Plus when I do the samples don't have much to use . But u see in the pictures the finish u will get i dont like pictures from a distance as it will all ways look flat and no imperfections.

Anagram or short for then lolol f**k here's me think I'm great now 4th tin and 4th southern comfort. Won't lie, I'm still a lightweight drinker and it has hit me lol