Bonding between gaps in plasterboard before skim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisby_duck

Hi all

2 questions around the bonding i had to put on my PB!

I dot and dabbed some insulation board onto the external walls in my study-to-be, and ended up with some gaps (both between the ceiling and wall boards and the wall boards themselves). Some small ones about 5mm others quite big about 15mm(!). Decided to use some bonding to fill these gaps...

question #1 is - do I need to PVA these gaps with the bonding in? Im going to scrim tape over the top of the bonding as its between the PB joins so i didn't think i needed to? Just wanted to check ...

Question #2 - very embarrassingly, i purchased tapered wall board for the other wall in the study. Local DIY store is an age away so decided to stick it up anyway and put some bonding in the tapered joins to bring it up level with the rest of the board. Shall i PVA and then scrim tape either side where the bonding meets the PB to prevent cracking?

Bonding applied today (sunday) and going to skim on Tues with thistle multi finish.

Any help much appreciated! Still can't believe i bought tapered boards .... ugh!

Ta,
Chris

Yes carlite(thistle) bonding is the right thing to do, but use 100mm scrim tape (I use 100mm silver for everything anyway) on the joints and corners , an ceiling edge. I would of scrimmed first before bonding but doesn't mater and yes pva bonding first and crack on. Plus nothing wrong with taper edge boards if you bonding joints first, much stronger way of doing it mate

Yes carlite(thistle) bonding is the right thing to do, but use 100mm scrim tape (I use 100mm silver for everything anyway) on the joints and corners , an ceiling edge. I would of scrimmed first before bonding but doesn't mater and yes pva bonding first and crack on. Plus nothing wrong with taper edge boards if you bonding joints first, much stronger way of doing it mate
Nicely answered :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Fab - thanks for the response! I did put some scrim in the joint before my bonding so hopefully all goes well now on the skim!

Ta,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.