Blue gritted a ceiling

Members online

Hoddo

alright guys
Ok, yesterday we prepped a vaulted ceiling ready to skim this morning, the ceiling originally had artex on, no signs of damp at all, we started to scrape the artex back as it was fairly thick, as we did this we found the artex actually peeled away quite easily so did that and it left us with the original plaster. The place is over 100 years old. There were some cracks but all in all very solid. We blue gritted the ceiling at 4:30pm yesterday, got on the job today to skim and quite a few patches of grit all over the ceiling were still piss wet as though it had just been applied, the ceiling is vaulted and has a pitched roof above, no signs of damp at all or loose plaster, I have never come across blue grit still being wet after 15 hours and wondered if any of you had or had any explanation?
Sorry it’s a bit long winded haha

Cheers

alright guys
Ok, yesterday we prepped a vaulted ceiling ready to skim this morning, the ceiling originally had artex on, no signs of damp at all, we started to scrape the artex back as it was fairly thick, as we did this we found the artex actually peeled away quite easily so did that and it left us with the original plaster. The place is over 100 years old. There were some cracks but all in all very solid. We blue gritted the ceiling at 4:30pm yesterday, got on the job today to skim and quite a few patches of grit all over the ceiling were still piss wet as though it had just been applied, the ceiling is vaulted and has a pitched roof above, no signs of damp at all or loose plaster, I have never come across blue grit still being wet after 15 hours and wondered if any of you had or had any explanation?
Sorry it’s a bit long winded haha

Cheers

I always leave it 24 hrs now after I had a wall shell off, even though I'd left it overnight to dry.

Not sure why it would still be wet. Is it in date and stirred up well?

I always leave it 24 hrs now after I had a wall shell off, even though I'd left it overnight to dry.

Yes all in date and stirred up well, 15 hours is usually plenty but maybe in this instance it did need more? God knows

What shelled off the plaster away from the blue grit or the blue grit and plaster pull off the paint you were skimming over ?

What shelled off the plaster away from the blue grit or the blue grit and plaster pull off the paint you were skimming over ?

Plaster off blue grit.

Room had been painted with silk, so gritted it on Fri afternoon on way home and skimmed Sat morn. The wall which came off was the first one I'd gritted on the Fri and first one skimmed on the Sat. It wasn't until my mate started painting it a week later that we noticed a tiny bit flaking off. I got the scraper thinking it was just a localised area and started picking off the loose bits, but ten minutes later I had about 12m of skim on the floor :D

All other walls were fine.

Condensation. Floors probably have no membrane. General damp.. Needs looking at by the damp people to figure out what's wrong and what needs doing. Down tools until you get confirmation it's OK

I had the same with yellow grit on a bay ceiling... I had skimming the main ceiling and gritted the bay ceiling before i left and due to condensation it was piss wet the day after....