BG state multi finish IS suitable to spray

Members online

What machine you thinking of Pete?
Think I'll pop to china and get my own one made while I'm there I get a new plaster made for it as well :tanguero:been doing my homework and thread hijacking for over a year now and still end up not knowing what to do , like most who look from the outside in the eze looks good for spraying,it's small n easy to clean out ,then the ritmo looks good and mixes it up and sprays it on and does the bag renders,the little (forgot what make it is) one they use for the airless is obviously good for that but I can't afford to buy a machine for all occasions.
On top of all that I don't know if the gear will work for me inside or outside so here I am sitting on my lounger thinking I still not got a clue.
:birra:

Think I'll pop to china and get my own one made while I'm there I get a new plaster made for it as well :tanguero:been doing my homework and thread hijacking for over a year now and still end up not knowing what to do , like most who look from the outside in the eze looks good for spraying,it's small n easy to clean out ,then the ritmo looks good and mixes it up and sprays it on and does the bag renders,the little (forgot what make it is) one they use for the airless is obviously good for that but I can't afford to buy a machine for all occasions.
On top of all that I don't know if the gear will work for me inside or outside so here I am sitting on my lounger thinking I still not got a clue.
:birra:
Take what gear your thinking of and get the dealer to see if it sprays might be the way forward

I don't see any advantage spraying finish if anything I can see disadvantages, what advantages are there? don't say putting it on quicker and easier because you still have to get upto where I am with the same amount of trowels. You have to clean out the same but with more mess and using more water, there are to many disadvantages to name.

If it was cleaner as in as clean as you lay on by hand, went off slower so you could spend an hour spraying and cleaning the machine down and the rest of the day trowelling and prepping , and you could be say minimum 25% more productive would you consider it then. I would

I wonder why they don't make a plaster that you can do that.

I don't see any advantage spraying finish if anything I can see disadvantages, what advantages are there? don't say putting it on quicker and easier because you still have to get upto where I am with the same amount of trowels. You have to clean out the same but with more mess and using more water, there are to many disadvantages to name.
I'm thinking of saving my old knackered body to be honest.

There's two of us. He can mix. I can spray. He can drop back to flatten while I clean machine (eze only takes 10 mins) I drop back to finish with trowel or spat so we're both finishing.

If I can plod on doing a room or two a day like that I'll be happy.
I don't do many domestics mainly refurbs so mess isn't an issue.

If it doesn't work I'll just use for mono.

knauf do its called Knauf Multi finish and is only available in germany. Do a search on youtube and you will see a 8 hr set. maybe someone who sells knauf plasters could import it for tests. If only there was a sort of 1 stop shop you could go to get products like this :estudioso:

There's two of us. He can mix. I can spray. He can drop back to flatten while I clean machine (eze only takes 10 mins) I drop back to finish with trowel or spat so we're both finishing.

Mines sometimes sat in the garage for months at a time I'm glad it's there for the hardwall and mono

u should look at the airless products, far less repetitive and constricted by sets, they dont set like plaster and you can stop when you want. one swipe with a skimflex roll grip skimming spatula with .25mm blade :guitarra: and its done. little bit of sanding and shes finished. If its easier you are wanting

u should look at the airless products, far less repetitive and constricted by sets, they dont set like plaster and you can stop when you want. one swipe with a skimflex roll grip skimming spatula with .25mm blade :guitarra: and its done. little bit of sanding and shes finished. If its easier you are wanting
I agree the airless looks good but I think miss selling will f**k it up like everything else, this convo has been going on for ten years i know of, but not much has changed apart from airless, it's a level five drylining finish and that's a start. It can be used on domestics but you have to ask basic questions to get any real answers ie do I need to fill out beads and tapes.

I'd love to try airless...but if I'm skimming out two rooms I simply can't justify three days wages to spray two passes then sand down...a different day for each...when we can just skim them normally in a day.

Might be great for full house refurbs but now the builders have stolen the boarding work its always really shite. I'd imagine the boardwalk needs to be perfect for airless?

What are you saving? My labourer passes me a handboard full of gear and that's his main job I don't take off the board or out of a bucket myself it's passed to me I call it the ezepass :)

Dont get me wrong im.not promoting airless. Its up to knauf to.do that. I was just saying its an easier system on the body.

Regards spending 3 days on 2 rooms i agree. But it may suit some people like a general builder handyman. Painter etc He can spend an hour putting some tapes up, another hour spraying a first pass another for a second pass and then a quick sand. He could of did them rooms in between his other jobs and saved paying a plasterer

knauf do its called Knauf Multi finish and is only available in germany. Do a search on youtube and you will see a 8 hr set. maybe someone who sells knauf plasters could import it for tests. If only there was a sort of 1 stop shop you could go to get products like this :estudioso:
Ouch, nearly £20 for a bag

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What are you saving? My labourer passes me a handboard full of gear and that's his main job I don't take off the board or out of a bucket myself it's passed to me I call it the ezepass :)
That's great for you mate but my customers won't pay for a labourer. There's just two spreads so we mix and handball out...jump up and down hop ups etc. There will be none of that if spraying. No tennis elbow from a handboard/hawk either...I hope.

That's great for you mate but my customers won't pay for a labourer. There's just two spreads so we mix and handball out...jump up and down hop ups etc. There will be none of that if spraying. No tennis elbow from a handboard/hawk either...I hope.
You will be one spread down :)

Stop your customers telling you what to do xx

Oh and you will have to jump up and down on the hop up to finish it

Finishings the easy bit!

I get what your saying mate but I gotta give it a go. Especially now I've bought the machine!
So putting on is harder than let's say five trowels? It's all hard and that's the problem people are looking for an easier solution and the answer is get out now coz the jobs hard work. I agree we all look for easier ways and what's been said hundreds of time " I've worked with an old boy who makes it look so simple and wipes the floor with the young lads without breaking a sweat, it's called technique which is getting lost.

Technique is certainly getting lost.
No offence to anyone on here but 9 out of 10 'plasterers' under 30 I've seen have no real method to their work...and are really only skimmers anyway.
That's only those who I've seen here in Sheffield and with my own eyes! I'm sure there are loads of great plasterers under 30.
But that's a whole new thread. ..

I say STUFF the old ways.. In the USA there are robots building houses instead of brickies laying as we speak

I say sort the gypsum so it works for the spread

And make the machines better for me

And stick your techniques up your arse Flynnyman