BG state multi finish IS suitable to spray

We come up against guys everyday saying they are the quickest spread etc and they will smash a machine. Whether its Rendering, Top coats or Plaster.... The Machine will always win

The race would be good but pretty pointless, you need a 2-3 man gang on the machine. Guy putting bags in, another spraying and one behind him.

Our last customer did 300m2 with a 4 man team, thats 2 Labs and 2 spreads.... Thats pretty good going
If you think the machine will win take up the challenge :) ok make it two men one plasterer and one labourer but only the plasterer can touch the trowel.

The thing is, everyone can be the Hero and lash material on at 100mph - they can't do this everyday and all day. No matter how good and fit you are, its simply impossible - the machine doesn't get tired
Again just my thoughts ,i,m all for machines with render as you know ,but 90%of plasterers i feel they will not get their money back ,skimming is not hard work like rendering tbh

The thing is, everyone can be the Hero and lash material on at 100mph - they can't do this everyday and all day. No matter how good and fit you are, its simply impossible - the machine doesn't get tired
The same as having a 100m to go at a day is impossible. I don't do metres like that every day it's actually rare, I can't remember but I will still leave any machine that's been made today standing skimming with multie.

The mix shud be the same or near as anyway zolco I ain't open heart surgery..skimming is 1 of the easiest aspects of plastering if ur a competent spread which if ur shelling out a few gs I'm sure ud be a competent spread..u still cant put more on with a machine so how wud it pay for its self
I ain't a machine man, just going after what seen and heard. It can be done, it works, if you got a machine already why not use it then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Again just my thoughts ,i,m all for machines with render as you know ,but 90%of plasterers i feel they will not get their money back ,skimming is not hard work like rendering tbh

Agree with you Keith. Thats why we make sure its important these guys whined invest aren't investing to get Mrs Jones's kitchen and living room done quickly.

The guys buying are doing huge contracts. They simply don't touch domestic work

The same as having a 100m to go at a day is impossible. I don't do metres like that every day it's actually rare, I can't remember but I will still leave any machine that's been made today standing skimming with multie.

Why is that impossible? We have customers securing 20,000m2 contracts..... Some companies don't touch domestic work...

Agree with you Keith. Thats why we make sure its important these guys whined invest aren't investing to get Mrs Jones's kitchen and living room done quickly.

The guys buying are doing huge contracts. They simply don't touch domestic work
Just a shame they dont post their work ,youtube if full of guys rendering ,showing of the new toy ,have to take your word for it then

Plenty of reasons and the main one is its never ready.

To be honest, many jobs aren't ready on time, but lots are.

As all machine dealers say. Machines for internal on domestics won't work (small scale domestic - large, full houses can be done) - they have their place for the commercial side

Last edited:
Just a shame they dont post their work ,youtube if full of guys rendering ,showing of the new toy ,have to take your word for it then

Im working closely with a few of our guys now, we are getting this sorted.

Obviously the Render Market for machines has always and will always be bigger than the Internal Plastering. Majority of plasterers do domestic work, there isn't many dedicated to commercial work so I would say its even more of a niche market

I think if your onto a good thing keep it quiet,maybe that's what the metre munching multi sprayers think.
Rates will never rise if more metres are achieved skimming.

I think the problem with multi and that's whether your mixing with a whisk or a machine if you constantly mixing it's setting quicker. If you left a whisk mixing a bucket it would be interesting to see how long it takes to set in the bucket @theplasterman you like f**k**g about and making vids let's make a worthwhile one ;). Going through a machine your going to be left with some of the first bag mixed with the fifth bag in the mixing chamber so may have a reaction. It is very slow at spraying like what @Kitchy said, I also don't see the benefit and never have. Might be ok for ceilings I suppose if you have that 300m ceiling we all dream of.
Going to bg academy on Thursday on a spray day I was supposed to do it in February but was ill .. I'll take my camera ..there is a ritmo set up and a Refina one I don't know how big the area is but will try post it up

I think @BritishGypsum should sort out a race like the knauf mp75 one, 2 on each team.
One team mixing and handballing the other spraying,loading and trowelling.
Can't say fairer than that.
Spray finish vs multi of course.
Start the stop watch before of loading the van !,sure even you would agree setting up a machine takes time ,bucket of tools and a mixer carried in takes seconds

Plenty of reasons and the main one is its never ready.
Commercial jobs schools etc usually got the areas ready. Its normal for them to flood it with skimmers then isnt it. if an option was to machine apply it and less people can do larger areas because they are machine applying it then it all sounds good on paper. Put them on site with a pile of dust sheets with gear that goes off in a few hours and quickly they realise it isnt any more profitable than employing a few extra guys.

Start the stop watch before of loading the van !,sure even you would agree setting up a machine takes time ,bucket of tools and a mixer carried in takes seconds

It does, I think the hand guys will start ahead due to this, but you drop a bag in the machine and its mixed... It will 100% take over

To be honest, many jobs aren't ready on time, but lots are.

As all machine dealers say. Machines for internal on domestics won't work - they have their place for the commercial side

Why would you write it off for a large domestic new build? Or a whole house on new board? Surely you're cutting off a massive market by saying it just can't work. It isn't for Mrs Jones' kitchen and living room but bigger work surely?

One thing to sell a machine and another to know how the game works ,most time severed plasterers know the game ,and even some that sell machines will say its not worth the money or time

It does, I think the hand guys will start ahead due to this, but you drop a bag in the machine and its mixed... It will 100% take over
Been saying about machines that mix and spray for a long time Ryan ! ,but plaster i,m not so sure ,hope i,m wrong

Last edited:
We come up against guys everyday saying they are the quickest spread etc and they will smash a machine. Whether its Rendering, Top coats or Plaster.... The Machine will always win

The race would be good but pretty pointless, you need a 2-3 man gang on the machine. Guy putting bags in, another spraying and one behind him.

Our last customer did 300m2 with a 4 man team, thats 2 Labs and 2 spreads.... Thats pretty good going
I think there the 1s telling u porky pies Ryan..no disrespect but u ain't a spread..uve still got to flatten and trowel and trowel again wat u spray on so u ain't putting 300m2 on to a good finished standard..not a chance pal

Why would you write it off for a large domestic new build? Or a whole house on new board? Surely you're cutting off a massive market by saying it just can't work. It isn't for Mrs Jones' kitchen and living room but bigger work surely?

Sorry, I should have worded that far better.... Large domestic new build and whole houses, then yes it can work.

What Im trying to refer to is the market of one room, etc - that won't work

You need the space for it to work

I think there the 1s telling u porky pies Ryan..no disrespect but u ain't a spread..uve still got to flatten and trowel and trowel again wat u spray on so u ain't putting 300m2 on to a good finished standard..not a chance pal

I know I'm not a spread, don't proclaim to be - but its been done. Our Rep visited site one day and saw it for himself. I don't think the guys would just say it if it wasn't true - what reason would they have to lie.

I ain't a machine man, just going after what seen and heard. It can be done, it works, if you got a machine already why not use it then?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have got a machine and its f**k**g me haha..i dnt need no machine to spray multi lol..cmon zolco spraying multi!!

Commercial jobs schools etc usually got the areas ready. Its normal for them to flood it with skimmers then isnt it. if an option was to machine apply it and less people can do larger areas because they are machine applying it then it all sounds good on paper. Put them on site with a pile of dust sheets with gear that goes off in a few hours and quickly they realise it isnt any more profitable than employing a few extra guys.
I agree jobs do exist but they get flooded and we have all seen gangs going for the big stuff leaving the s**t, or setting up before they have finished what they started but it gets back to the same thing which has nothing to do with machines and that's multie. People need to learn how plaster works I'm sick of saying it, it will clear up most of the shite on here and is the basics that is not getting taught.

I know I'm not a spread, don't proclaim to be - but its been done. Our Rep visited site one day and saw it for himself. I don't think the guys would just say it if it wasn't true - what reason would they have to lie.
shame again no picture or vid ,it would do you good to get some put up ,as its just talk ,most these days would like to see it being done .Food for thought with your training why not spray and finish 200m2 ?the machine can do

Happy to take the challenge Flynny... Will you fund the Plasterboard and the Multi?
No, there is a similar vid I'm sure you have seen it, if you want to recreate that I will go with that I'm sure you have a budget for your machine vids :) don't waste the money like others have on pointless videos that don't get the point across ;)

I agree jobs do exist but they get flooded and we have all seen gangs going for the big stuff leaving the s**t, or setting up before they have finished what they started but it gets back to the same thing which has nothing to do with machines and that's multie. People need to learn how plaster works I'm sick of saying it, it will clear up most of the shite on here and is the basics that is not getting taught.

Still makes for a good debate though , everyone seems to be putting their point across, nobody being mean and we up to 9 pages deep.