Are we too CHEAP

Members online

Attachments

• 0CBE9D99-815B-4406-B57E-3B73D1181E39.png
    0CBE9D99-815B-4406-B57E-3B73D1181E39.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 245
I had 40 quid for diesel this morning. Relised it was card only at asda where it was £1,08 . So I went to another . Was £1.14 . I thought f**k that . Put a tenner in and swung by tesco on way home where it was £1.09 lol
Thrifty

I had 40 quid for diesel this morning. Relised it was card only at asda where it was £1,08 . So I went to another . Was £1.14 . I thought f**k that . Put a tenner in and swung by tesco on way home where it was £1.09 lol
Probably cost you a fivers worth to swing by Tesco.

Basically he was trying to tell me I was over charging him for quoting £400 to skim a box room

I've got that but there seemed to be some context missing. Had you done some other room for him or told him that it was so much a room or something?

I've got that but there seemed to be some context missing. Had you done some other room for him or told him that it was so much a room or something?
I emailed the total price of £3000 itemised. So he had a price of £900 to skim a double bedroom with a boarded ceiling which I think is reasonable but he has taken that price and judged the box room to be overpriced at £400 to skim

U sound like my dad u tight cunnt

I can give you an example directly relating to rates in Wales.

I did a house up in Dolgellau that was essentially derelict. One of the jobs was a full rake out and repoint of the stone. I asked around and found a lad there who was recommended, so I spoke to him and got him round for a quote. Three storey end of terrace, rake out and repoint all labour and materials.

At this point I should say that I ask people for a price, I don't suggest a price, tell them a budget, haggle, try to get discounts or fcuk about with payments.

He said £6,000. Now I had £10k - £12k in my head as that's what I'd be looking at in Birmingham/Warwickshire for that work.

So he robbed himself, but still felt that he'd quoted properly. All he had to do to get more was ask for more, but he (like so many don't) didn't ask.

This is the house, front, back and gable inc materials for £6k?

View attachment 50784View attachment 50785View attachment 50786View attachment 50787
Whith lime hopefully for that price

Sounds like one of those customers that will get funny at you when you finish at 2oclock because you said it was a days work. Can't stand people like that, either accept the price or don't

His account name tells you everything - likes to use Snipe when bidding to get the very lowest price at only a few pence more than someone else, @ very last 8 seconds, and thinks he's clever because nobody has spotted he's using snipe.
I use snipe when I really really want or need the item - like my first works transport, £1300 for a Peugot Combi. And it was the owner who told me about snipe and encouraged me to use it.

Nah, I’m not interested in playing word games with them. They tell me what the want plastering and I tell them how much. End of discussion
Agreed,I'm giving advice for the people out there that would use the word day/s as another word to use..im the same,If somebody asks me how long it would take,if there asking for a valid reason I.e say a kitchen /bathroom is on order or a new carpet going down,il say 2/3 visits mrs Jefferson if I'm getting the idea of a person trying to own me I wont even do the job

His account name tells you everything - likes to use Snipe when bidding to get the very lowest price at only a few pence more than someone else, @ very last 8 seconds, and thinks he's clever because nobody has spotted he's using snipe.
I use snipe when I really really want or need the item - like my first works transport, £1300 for a Peugot Combi. And it was the owner who told me about snipe and encouraged me to use it.
There’s also some very unPC but nonetheless relevant factors to consider here too but we won’t go into that right now

This is worth a listen ..

Some good points here...price conditioning is so important saves so much time...I always say to the customer on the spot it will be around this much and show them a photo of a similar house and judge their reaction. Must have saved weeks of writing up quotes...most conditioning done over Whatsapp now. You can tell Robin has dane it right...looking fit and healthy for his age.