Approx 400sq m Rendering Job in Stourbridge Advice/Info/appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Original

The building is a block of 6 flats - two stories. It is a 1930's old house, then extended constructed presumably brick/block underneath with, I believe the existing is a scratch coat of sand and cement and then tyrolean finish - I may be wrong! We feel the entire building now needs hacking off and re-rendering.

I am only familiar with sand and cement - is it best to use modern materials? What are the pro's and con's of more modern materials? Can we avoid painting?

How much should we expect to pay?

If anyone is interested in quoting please get in touch.

Thanks.

Some of the lads on this site are good spreads. The ones that are good normally are fluent in English :RpS_thumbup:

The building is a block of 6 flats - two stories. It is a 1930's old house, then extended constructed presumably brick/block underneath with, I believe the existing is a scratch coat of sand and cement and then tyrolean finish - I may be wrong! We feel the entire building now needs hacking off and re-rendering.

I am only familiar with sand and cement - is it best to use modern materials? What are the pro's and con's of more modern materials? Can we avoid painting?

How much should we expect to pay?

If anyone is interested in quoting please get in touch.

Thanks.

I suggest if you decide to get a spread off this site have a read through their previous posts to get an idea of what they can do. A lot of the people who have asked for your details have only posted once or twice so if you get the job done and your not satisfied please dont reflect this on the forum. You could get a good job but i think its always best to get as much information about the plasterer your gonna use so this place is ideal for getting that information.

Ive moved it to here for now I think what we need is to reply to these type of posts you need a few posts the same as this place. The problem is if your new you want to post the job so you need to get in but im sure its easy to sort.............hey dan?

Problem is there's lads looking for work who will use the Internet as a last resort which is fair enough we've all got mouths to feed, if they really cock a job up whats going to happen? It's their fault for not getting enough quotes and researching who's going to do it

I agree but why should someone who contributes nothing to the forum have an equal chance to quote for the job with all the regular members?
This place isnt the jobcentre, these jobs should benefit the members who post not just anyone who registers.

People will do anything for work don't take it so personally, if a forum regular, which there aren't that many believe it or not can't do it they could end up with no one doing it

I have moved it back here looks like he does not receive emails as I replied to one his vague emails then just moans that no one replied.....

Right. Just to set the record straight. I first posted on the 6th Jan, I got one email straight away from Paul. I intended to give it a week or so and deal with all replies on one day. At some point my thread was moved and I was denied access and

so couldn't access any of the replies on the thread. Maybe it would have been polite for someone to have told me that my access had been denied?

I have only received the one email from Paul and one from Danny which was on Sunday. Today is the first time I have been able to access my thread.

I think it because of a update to the way the posting of jobs is being dealt with on the forums. Unfortunalty yours job is the test run to a certain degree, so you were locked out untill the website had been re wrote to allow new people to post a job but only forum member that actually contributes to the site access its details.

This works in your favour as we tend to fine only decent spreads will get on well here and not vanish within say 50 post

Also the spread that did reply is very good

Status
Not open for further replies.