Another new trowel from NELA - PREMIUM ELITE

Members online

There isn't a treatment for a trowel to retain its shape. It can be forced into a certain direction as we can see with one style, however, it can still go the other way in some cases.

I'm struggling to get my point across here I think.

It is Pre-worn, not bent. Majority of trowels on the market are offered as pre-worn, or good to use out the box, in reality, every single one requires more breaking in order to get to its preferred condition - alot of this is down to the plasterer. Everyone applies different forces or pressures, or has different techniques - your trowel wont be the same as someone else's for example. Thats exactly my take on a Permashape. It is force fed into a direction to prevent it going the wrong way. If you get 10 x 14" side by side, the 'bend' will be different on everyone of them. At least with the NELA you create the shape required through use - many are using it directly out of the box, without any issues.
I'm pretty sure that you're wrong on this one.
The first pre-worn trowel I ever bought was a Tyzak. Useable straight away but over time curled more, just like any previous stainless steel trowel I'd owned.
Permashape trowels have the corners slightly turned up, just like a naturally worn in stainless steel trowel, but they retain this shape virtually unchanged during their usable lifetime. I'm pretty sure that MT state that the steel has been treated some way to achieve this.

The first pre-worn trowel I ever bought was a Tyzak. Useable straight away but over time curled more, just like any previous stainless steel trowel I'd owned.
Permashape trowels have the corners slightly turned up, just like a naturally worn in stainless steel trowel, but they retain this shape virtually unchanged during their usable lifetime. I'm pretty sure that MT state that the steel has been treated some way to achieve this.

Think there is a confusion with their term. Treating can be used a a treatment or a process I suppose. I am confident in saying, based on the reviews the new NELA will shape to your liking over time and is good to use from the box.

I used to sell MT and the 'bows' were very inconsistent in my opinion.

People seem to think if its flat rendering will get the shape that would take ages.. a few runs down a chisel block and for runs on a wall will see make the trowel usable I could make a cheap trowel sharp and useable this way within a few hours no problem

A good trowel is the quality of the steel and the shank

I'm excited to use it soon on some m2 work really throw it in the deep end lol

Think there is a confusion with their term. Treating can be used a a treatment or a process I suppose. I am confident in saying, based on the reviews the new NELA will shape to your liking over time and is good to use from the box.

I used to sell MT and the 'bows' were very inconsistent in my opinion.

You say its flat and will bend over time. But is also good to use straight out of the box...it can't be both.

I too have had loads of permashapes, each have held their banana shape very well, even under hard trowelling and abuse.

The mxs ranges (normal marshalltowns without the perma logo) most are ok, but lads with us have had them distort very quickly, with the same hard trowelling.

Both these are Marshalltown ranges and must be condition differently in the factory, must be the way they temper them.

Why don’t all the different trowel sizes have the same proportion shank length?
I like a long shank, short stubby ones just don’t feel firm...anyone else feel the same?

Attachments

• 4489A043-9D92-4B47-B3E0-3E90854BB05B.png
    4489A043-9D92-4B47-B3E0-3E90854BB05B.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 118