Another new trowel from NELA - PREMIUM ELITE

Members online

Ryan can you actually plaster ? as in use a trowel, thus knowing whats good/bad trowel wise ?
not a dig mate, just wondering

Unlikely, I can't ever remember him slating any of the stuff he gets for review.
Most of these trowels are decent ,you know well it's about how the are treated ,I still see guys picking stuff up with the toe and then slating the trowel a week later,they'd break a pick axe,
The wall was over polished

Serious question; were any of these the same spreads that reviewed the Make Good skim?
I wouldn't trust their opinion on anything.

If I’m honest, I question their comments, however, despite not stocking it, still know of many using it successfully.

There is a good split of guys who have tested them

If I’m honest, I question their comments, however, despite not stocking it, still know of many using it successfully.

There is a good split of guys who have tested them
"Successfully" is very subjective. I can't tell you how many shite plasterers I've started/met that are convinced they're good (@John j ).
I do disagree with the thing about not knowing if a trowel is any good for two years. As I think I said before, the Permashape can be used straight out of the box. They do get better, but you can still skim right through a gauge from day one.

"Successfully" is very subjective. I can't tell you how many shite plasterers I've started/met that are convinced they're good (@John j ).
I do disagree with the thing about not knowing if a trowel is any good for two years. As I think I said before, the Permashape can be used straight out of the box. They do get better, but you can still skim right through a gauge from day one.

If honest, we get the opposite reviews, people saying they need breaking in. Although, we do also get guys saying they use the NELA Premium the whole way through out the box.
Everyone is different I guess

No one will leave a good finish with a standard trowel. Straight out of the box. No one.

Certainly a decent meterage anyway

If honest, we get the opposite reviews, people saying they need breaking in. Although, we do also get guys saying they use the NELA Premium the whole way through out the box.
Everyone is different I guess
I do use one of your previous Premium trowels for rendering, and it's a very nice trowel for that. As others have said, it was a bit too rigid for my liking to skim with.

Trust me I know I.m shite

Attachments

• 20201023_102157.jpg
    20201023_102157.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
Looks nice but first thought why is the shank the same size as a 14 inch trowel?

Blade is very light less the the 12 inch next to it

Nice flex to it but rendering today so not got a chance to use it

Attachments

• 20201027_124336.jpg
    20201027_124336.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
Looks nice but first thought why is the shank the same size as a 14 inch trowel?

Blade is very light less the the 12 inch next to it

Nice flex to it but rendering today so not got a chance to use it
Can you please put a picture up showing it edge on? So we can see how the shape compares with a Permashape.
I popped into my local tool shop hoping to take a gander at the new offering, but unfortunately they no longer stock any Nela products.
@Plasterers1StopShop do you have any stockists near Chelmsford?

Can you please put a picture up showing it edge on? So we can see how the shape compares with a Permashape.
I popped into my local tool shop hoping to take a gander at the new offering, but unfortunately they no longer stock any Nela products.
@Plasterers1StopShop do you have any stockists near Chelmsford?
The blade has one or two waves it's not dead flat but that's from the fact the spine is way too short I'll take a pic when I get back from work later

I will say it feels better then the previous version the steel is definitely feels more alive

The blade has one or two waves it's not dead flat but that's from the fact the spine is way too short I'll take a pic when I get back from work later

I will say it feels better then the previous version the steel is definitely feels more alive
So are the corners pre-worn like a Permashape? P1SS said it was like them.

It feels sexy as f**k tbh the blade is not permashaped but if that's what people want all they need to do is push down on all four corners one at a time and it creates the curved shape I do it with all trowels for skimming usually if they are flat

It is very light, a few runs on the on a chisel block with oil and it will break in no problem

Attachments

• 20201027_175109.jpg
    20201027_175109.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • 20201027_175119.jpg
    20201027_175119.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
  • 20201027_175133.jpg
    20201027_175133.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • 20201027_175138.jpg
    20201027_175138.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
  • 20201027_175145.jpg
    20201027_175145.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
  • 20201027_175153.jpg
    20201027_175153.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
  • 20201027_123637.jpg
    20201027_123637.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • 20201027_175841.jpg
    20201027_175841.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
It feels sexy as f**k tbh the blade is not permashaped but if that's what people want all they need to do is push down on all four corners one at a time and it creates the curved shape I do it with all trowels for skimming usually if they are flat

It is very light, a few runs on the on a chisel block with oil and it will break in no problem
Now I'm really confused. @Plasterers1StopShop said that it's their take on a Permashape trowel? That thing looks as flat as a witches tit. If the steel has been treated to retain its shape you shouldn't really be able to bend the corners to where you want them, should you?
So it's not pre-worn or shaped at all and ready to use from the box?

Now I'm really confused. @Plasterers1StopShop said that it's their take on a Permashape trowel? That thing looks as flat as a witches tit. If the steel has been treated to retain its shape you shouldn't really be able to bend the corners to where you want them, should you?
So it's not pre-worn or shaped at all and ready to use from the box?

Just because it’s not “bent” or “forced” into one direction - in my op to prevent it going the wrong way, doesn’t mean it isn’t pre worn.

This would be our closest take on the Permashape. A pre worn, not a bent trowel. A true correctness on a trowel is based on its flatness, not the fact it’s forced the wrong way.

The way the steel is finished gives it’s pretty worn qualities

We have looked at shaping the trowels, however, based on 90% of feedback, guys wanted them flat. On the products we tested, and previously sold, there is zero continuity or consistency in the pre bent trowel, the variance is massive

More alive . Explain

I.ve sent my carbon backnin exchange for one of these. ( @Plasterers1StopShop have to say you returns department is spot on ) I.ve sacked carbons off and using my permashape. Just cant be assed tonlook after em like they need to be