Am i missing something?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
I've jst completed a small monojob for small plastering contactor and he was due to pay me Thursday when I finished. But today has told me the customer has payed him a cheque so I have wait for that to clear.
Is there only me that sees a problem with this? I fail to see what it has to do with me how he has been payed?

I've jst completed a small monojob for small plastering contactor and he was due to pay me Thursday when I finished. But today has told me the customer has payed him a cheque so I have wait for that to clear.
Is there only me that sees a problem with this? I fail to see what it has to do with me how he has been payed?

Swings and roundabouts! I've met some who pay up from their own pocket and others who wait on cheques clearing. Its s**t when it happens but ya just have to bite the bullet and accept it I'm afraid.

worry about it next week mate ,then kick off !

The annoying thing is i payed the labourer and my mate. Plus the lads who based and meshed it for me . Seems like he operating a business without cash flow and subbies are the ones taking the risk and waiting for the money

The annoying thing is i payed the labourer and my mate. Plus the lads who based and meshed it for me . Seems like he operating a business without cash flow and subbies are the ones taking the risk and waiting for the money
i can wait for 1day to 30 days ,sure it will sure itself out mate

I've had this a few times mate, and yes it's a piss take.
One time about 6 years back we was working on a big self build, through a builder he needed our stage completing for 5 weeks before Christmas, so me and my gang worked our b*ll***s of and made the date. He never paid us till 4 weeks after Christmas. I paid all the lads as you do. But it got to the point where we was going to go down with sledge hammers to knock it all back off. Worst thing he said it was best plastering he's ever seen talk about piss take or what arghh [emoji36]

Ive had it off builders after just boarding and skimming a few bedrooms - ' ive not been paid yet so you'll have to wait' .....'errrmmm no I wont dickhead you either go to the bank or its coming off' - this was after promising me he'd weigh me in when id done as he was behind on a job .... there all the same - promise you the earth then act like chunts when it comes to £££ .... needless to say he got told where to go when he asked again ...

Only a few builders I do for now who don't have trouble paying me when im finished ....

Currently waiting on €200 from April and €400from September from same fella.
I know it's not big money but just the principal.
He's text me twice to say he'd be with me shortly, even though I was supposed to get paid as soon as the tools were in the van.
Thinking of telling him to keep it and not to bother me again as I never liked the c**t anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye it is a piss take but it happens time and time again. Builders are notorious for it, "I'll be getting a lift off the job next Friday so can I pay you then" I expect payment as soon as I'm finished they're not slow in pestering you to get on their job asap but when it comes to money we're expected to wait. Boils my piss.

Currently waiting on €200 from April and €400from September from same fella.
I know it's not big money but just the principal.
He's text me twice to say he'd be with me shortly, even though I was supposed to get paid as soon as the tools were in the van.
Thinking of telling him to keep it and not to bother me again as I never liked the c**t anyway.

Get your money then tell him to f**k off

Reactions: tam
@BigK ....same guy twice - he's taking the piss really as he's seen you'll wait and done it too you again - Id be calling him everyday - turning up at his house and if local at his work .... be surprised how quick you'll get your money .... yes its not alot but id do that to him out of principle to make him look the chunt he is .....

Fair enough but he said he would pay him on Thursday gone...not this Thursday coming or maybe the Thursday after..he got the cheque,3 days pay,done.

Were starting a big job at start of year it was between us and another firm who got the job it pretty much came down to who wud wait for money guy said I'm paying on invoice once a month by cheque! We accepted other firm wanted paying once a week guy said no chance and gave job to us there's about 8 months work just 1 of them things you've got to do

Exactly, if a fella was straight up and said he was stuck and pay me in 12 months that would be fine with me if I wasn't stuck for it

I always get my dosh but any hassle getting it well from then on for them im too busy or i price high for the piss take thats coming.

A deal is a deal,whether it's the day the job is finished or a month after.I'd definetly be letting him know he broke his word.Usually with lads like that there's always some excuse.I remember doing a few houses for a building company a few years ago and the deal was I got paid a week after a house was done which meant two weeks by the time the cheque cleared.When the first cheque came it was post dated a month which meant I was giving six weeks credit.I had the second house started and had to keep going.The cheques never bounced but it pissed me off I was'nt that long out on my own and only had a labourer with me but I always paid him every week.I got away from them after 4 houses and these were big bungalows inside and outside.

Exactly, if a fella was straight up and said he was stuck and pay me in 12 months that would be fine with me if I wasn't stuck for it

I would only do that if I knew them well. Others, no chance! A years to long to Wait

Obviously id have to know them.
The main point is that it's all about being upfront from the start & stick to it.
As a rule of thumb I expect payment on completion, as that is how I work when I'm paying to have something done.
Treat others how you would like to be treated,

Reactions: Pug
Obviously id have to know them.
The main point is that it's all about being upfront from the start & stick to it.
As a rule of thumb I expect payment on completion, as that is how I work when I'm paying to have something done.
Treat others how you would like to be treated,

Amen to most of that.
A year is way to long though whether I know some one or not!
If it takes them a year to pay there about 11 months early having it done!

If it was say a mate who had ran out of money towards the end of the extension/conversion I'd be doing it for nothing.
To wait that long they would surely be a great friend in which case a day or 2 I wouldn't charge them.

If he had told you before That you had to wait for a check for a week or so then that's different but he didn't,he should have kept his mouth shut if he hasn't got a cash flow to pay on completion,he can't bank on customers walking out 5 minutes after you've finished and paying him in cash or transfer right away(although they should)this is the real world it doesn't always happen.there are a number of reasons a customer won't pay on completion,want to check work with a family member,waiting for huband to return,not been paid yet and so on.a reputable building contractor will know this and avoid making promises he can't fulfill.

I hate that "I can't pay you till I've been paid" if they would have told you that before you start you probably would have told em to f**k off but then again they know this already that's why they keep shtum, I've been had a couple of times like that these are the type of blokes want all the reward without any of the risk they should all be named and shamed then put in the c**ts section for all to see [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Status
Not open for further replies.