Am i missing something?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I was learning I was told that a lot by the other 2 spreads... then when they got paid they use to say no we already paid you... did more free days than paid with those pair of c**ts. Karma is a bitch though as they both don't have a pot to piss in now....

Had a conversation with a local builder recently, told me he was getting loads of insurance jobs being put his way and having a problem finding guys who could guarantee a good clean job with no come backs, said no problem I could guarantee same and could supply and fix anywhere in Munster fully insured, then he drops the minor detail that all invoices were booked in last day of month and that they had a four week period before payment sanctioned, funnily enough he can't understand why nobody will drop what they were doing and go do his jobs, LOL.......

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

There are alot firms who wont get overdrafts....dont wanna put thier house against it.
Still scared of not getting paid.

Had a conversation with a local builder recently, told me he was getting loads of insurance jobs being put his way and having a problem finding guys who could guarantee a good clean job with no come backs, said no problem I could guarantee same and could supply and fix anywhere in Munster fully insured, then he drops the minor detail that all invoices were booked in last day of month and that they had a four week period before payment sanctioned, funnily enough he can't understand why nobody will drop what they were doing and go do his jobs, LOL.......

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk
Pmsl some people really ain't got a clue have they, again all the reward without any of the risk I'm calling for a name n shame part of the forum for pond life who think this is acceptable, you can just imagine them giving it Johnny big b*ll***s in the pub I've got loadsa work but no money and no blokes to do it lol

I wait for money all the time. I'm doing work for a builder at the minute 3rd week and he just pays me when he gets paid... Sometimes it happens

If your working for someone else and you agree payment on completion that's what you should get, all there doing is using you as a free overdraft.
Get it in your terms, or stipulate 5% of balance increase per every late week.

If your working for someone else and you agree payment on completion that's what you should get, all there doing is using you as a free overdraft.
Get it in your terms, or stipulate 5% of balance increase per every late week.
My T's&c's stipulate 8% above and including the Bank of England base rate, some moan about it being a bit of a piss take then I kindly point out so are late payments lol point taken lol it gets em cus it's lawfully binding and I won't take it out of my conditions lol

My T's&c's stipulate 8% above and including the Bank of England base rate, some moan about it being a bit of a piss take then I kindly point out so are late payments lol point taken lol it gets em cus it's lawfully binding and I won't take it out of my conditions lol

I need to start putting this in with my quotes.
Just some basic T&C's but where do you start mate?

To be frank a list of T&C's don't stand for much, I have never bothered. We have laws in this country which protect both consumer and the seller, you can write what T&C's you like on a quote and even if a customer agrees to it if it went to court, and it didn't fit with consumer law then they would be ignored. But yeah, statutory interest as said above, base rate + 8% after 30 days on B2B transactions.

To be frank a list of T&C's don't stand for much, I have never bothered. We have laws in this country which protect both consumer and the seller, you can write what T&C's you like on a quote and even if a customer agrees to it if it went to court, and it didn't fit with consumer law then they would be ignored. But yeah, statutory interest as said above, base rate + 8% after 30 days on B2B transactions.
Or go around with a cricket bat

Nearly all my jobs/ price are mouth and handshake with a price in text to confirm price and start/completion date.I do the odd job over £2000 that I would email in writing and some ask for smaller amounts in writing which I happy to do.
Question to u all while we are on subject of it
Do you write out every quote?
Or mouth and handshake most?

Or go around with a cricket bat
Yea, sounds good in front of your mates down the pub doesn't it. I know a bloke who thought that was the way to do things, hit some fella over the head with a bat, blow his eye out of his head. Spent 5 years at her majesty's pleasure. Who's the winner there?

Yea, sounds good in front of your mates down the pub doesn't it. I know a bloke who thought that was the way to do things, hit some fella over the head with a bat, blow his eye out of his head. Spent 5 years at her majesty's pleasure. Who's the winner there?
Fcking hell Wesley was tounge in cheek..I ment baseball bat

Nearly all my jobs/ price are mouth and handshake with a price in text to confirm price and start/completion date.I do the odd job over £2000 that I would email in writing and some ask for smaller amounts in writing which I happy to do.
Go thru prices m2 etc in person then confirm it all on a txt just in case owt pops up further down line in the job then its all there on fone

I git in contact with an independent rics registered project quantity surveyor out the yellow pages and he put them together for me mine are about 4 pages long but to be fair a lot of what's in there is basic stuff you'd expect from a main contractor ie free water access to electricity on site or site transformers ect there also hourly rates, weekend rates, overtime,short days etc and the big one about payments and interest I doctor mine aswell for each job some jobs I might be lenient and say I'll do valuation month end but want paying the following week if I think the contractor might be a t**t it's 14 day valuation 14 payments it's just a starting point really but if you ain't goons ask you ain't gonna get, I always send via email so if you need to go legal you've got proof you've sent them, no arguments.
Park life lol

I git in contact with an independent rics registered project quantity surveyor out the yellow pages and he put them together for me mine are about 4 pages long but to be fair a lot of what's in there is basic stuff you'd expect from a main contractor ie free water access to electricity on site or site transformers ect there also hourly rates, weekend rates, overtime,short days etc and the big one about payments and interest I doctor mine aswell for each job some jobs I might be lenient and say I'll do valuation month end but want paying the following week if I think the contractor might be a t**t it's 14 day valuation 14 payments it's just a starting point really but if you ain't goons ask you ain't gonna get, I always send via email so if you need to go legal you've got proof you've sent them, no arguments.
Park life lol

How much that set you back if you don't mind me askin?

Everything in writing, it's a mugs game any other way your open to the elements.
You are right ..I am lazy with the in writing,me mrs is always banging on that I hardly ever do,In 15 years been not paid 3 times and like you say nothing I can do without it in writing but having said that in general for smaller priced jobs if someone not going to pay they not going to pay.Like the guy who posted the thread even if he had it in writing he didn't get his dosh.
I not disagreeing just saying.

How much that set you back if you don't mind me askin?
£350 mate but to be honest it's worth every penny it sorts the buyers from the spiers and the needy from the greedy, I ain't saying it's gonna stop you from being ripped off butting makes the c**ts who blatantly look to stop guys money for any reason think twice about doing it if it's gonna cost them more in the long run[emoji106][emoji482]

I would like to mention if your only doing living rooms bedrooms ect and your getting paid as soon as your finished I probably wouldn't bother like someone said text or email the price and a firm handshake will do its aimed more towards guys who might pick up a site of maybe declining and skimming 10 houses with a couple of bungalows that kind of thing or like me at the moment are doing a lot of Ewi it's an expensive product which costs a lot of money and if you ain't on the ball your gonna end up footing the materials bill and some c**ts sitting there with potentially £6k+ of work and materials on there house just cus you didn't dot the i's and cross the t's

Mostly it's about trust and going with your gut instincts. I have a very basic set of terms covering us, and we regular undertake projects of £30-40,000.
Waste of time spending money on extravagant terms etc. I have a friend whose a contract lawyer and he can pick to bits anything I put in front of him, anyone else would do the same if it ever goes down the legal route.

Mostly it's about trust and going with your gut instincts. I have a very basic set of terms covering us, and we regular undertake projects of £30-40,000.
Waste of time spending money on extravagant terms etc. I have a friend whose a contract lawyer and he can pick to bits anything I put in front of him, anyone else would do the same if it ever goes down the legal route.

Fancy emailing me a copy please so I can use as a template and tweak to my needs?

The annoying thing is i payed the labourer and my mate. Plus the lads who based and meshed it for me . Seems like he operating a business without cash flow and subbies are the ones taking the risk and waiting for the money
Customer told me he was charging 2 grand for that job if it's the one I base coated

Anything over £500 i give a written quote to be sure, handshake doesn't worth much these days.
I got a customer at the moment who is questioning the final invoice at the minute, however we completed it for less than the actual quotes were.
Luckily I got all the paperwork to back me up, all thirty odd emails with the quotes. Her problem is that we knocked the job out damn quick and she thinks she got overcharged which is not the case, because of this she came up with all sorts of excuses and complaints which we had nothing to do with.
Doubt it she will ever pay, so in 14 days time her case going to the debt collector to get things moving.
It's not exactly what I wanted before crimbo.
So I'd say having everything on paper/email is a must.

Customer told me he was charging 2 grand for that job if it's the one I base coated
Total was 2200 mate which I rlthought was fair everyone made their butty for everything they did. I payed you pal and wouldn't of ask you do the job if I couldn't. Would of looked a right mug if I had said ill pay u when builder gets his cheque and it clears then ill pay u .

Total was 2200 mate which I rlthought was fair everyone made their butty for everything they did. I payed you pal and wouldn't of ask you do the job if I couldn't. Would of looked a right mug if I had said ill pay u when builder gets his cheque and it clears then ill pay u .
I didn't mean it like that mate. The customer told me what he was paying and I have no complaints for what I got paid etc incase you misunderstood me?

I didn't mean it like that mate. The customer told me what he was paying and I have no complaints for what I got paid etc incase you misunderstood me?
No pal didn't misunderstand you. I know you washappy bud. And I was more than happy with what you did. Cheers

Anything over £500 i give a written quote to be sure, handshake doesn't worth much these days.
I got a customer at the moment who is questioning the final invoice at the minute, however we completed it for less than the actual quotes were.
Luckily I got all the paperwork to back me up, all thirty odd emails with the quotes. Her problem is that we knocked the job out damn quick and she thinks she got overcharged which is not the case, because of this she came up with all sorts of excuses and complaints which we had nothing to do with.
Doubt it she will ever pay, so in 14 days time her case going to the debt collector to get things moving.
Bitch!! Shudnt matter how quick u do job if she accepted quote she shud pay whether u did job in 1 or 10 days

Thats shite news mate fingers crossed you get paid asap we all have mouths to feed etc

She's only a c**t.Straight into the c**t section for her.

Bitch!! Shudnt matter how quick u do job if she accepted quote she shud pay whether u did job in 1 or 10 days
The real joke about the job, that this was an insurance job, not even her money, I mean I said it in the beginning she`ll have to pay us, and she`ll get reimbursed from the insurer.
She also accused me that we f*cked up one of the tiles in her bathroom which was clearly broken before, she obviously wanted to re-tile it free of charge. She quickly given up on it when i confronted her. Now waiting on the sexist and abusive threats from her.
Thing is lesson learned, take photos before you start about any defects even if it`s not related to the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.