30/40 + crew

How many plasterers have a back problem?

• yes

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • no

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters
:bananahappy: Sorry mate , just presumed you ticked the yes on vote poll

Sore knees ? Or ache in toes ? Gotta be something :endesacuerdo:

6 weeks off with bursitis.
20160518_095524.jpg
20160514_152216.jpg
20160514_164131.jpg

and I trod on a piece of Lego once :(.

It was my elbow that went but I broke a bone in my wrist when I fell through a gap in a ceiling/floor where I spiral staircase was being fitted.. worked through the pain for 6 weeks then went to see the doc... whoops

turns out young Tommy my left hand man/boy wonder, well apparently his backs been aching for a while :(.
I've diagnosed that it's something to do with him struggling to carry the immense weight of his wage packet home on a Friday afternoon,
so for his own welfare im prescribing a little reduction in its weight for a while to see if that helps (y).

Dont get any pain in anything, just my right hand goes numb a lot...when I said about itch between shoulder blades its more like my range of moment is slightly less.....how are your joints bobby
My backs f**k*d mate
Prolapsed disc 4 months ago so struggling bit time[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My backs f**k*d mate

Sorry mate didnt know, hopefully its still good enough for golf....at least you got lads working for you so got the option of backing off from the physical side yourself and letting them pick it up

My backs f**k*d mate

Double ouch!!! This thread is turning up some real injuries, personal accident insurance is gonna go sky high! ☹️Seriously though, take care to take of yourselves fellas.

My backs f**k*d mate
Prolapsed disc 4 months ago so struggling bit time
My ex had that, she ended up getting an MRI and then an emergency op - apparently u need to watch as if the disc is really damaged it can affect the nerve that controls bladder function.
She`s okay tho, turn out it was only me that took the piss out of her lol

In all seriousness tho mate, keep an eye on it

Sorry mate didnt know, hopefully its still good enough for golf....at least you got lads working for you so got the option of backing off from the physical side yourself and letting them pick it up
I've had 2 site's finish the past few months so down to a 3 man rendering team for a minute so working like a dog!!
Without the ritmo I do t think I could physically hand ball the gear tbh
It's mostly thin coat at the minute so it's manageable material!!

My ex had that, she ended up getting an MRI and then an emergency op - apparently u need to watch as if the disc is really damaged it can affect the nerve that controls bladder function.
She`s okay tho, turn out it was only me that took the piss out of her lol

In all seriousness tho mate, keep an eye on it
I've heard the op is the last resort with 12 months off work so I'll struggle on with plenty of exercises daily!!!

I've heard the op is the last resort with 12 months off work so I'll struggle on with plenty of exercises daily!!!

You got any sort of health cover Rob or thought of getting it? I guess wouldn't be as much use now though if not as they don't cover existing issues.

Interested to know how many of you have a back problem or constant pain in your back or knees and if there is any 30/40 year olds that are okay?
I'm wondering if the injuries we are talking about will lessen or change in years to come? We have already mentioned machines and plastic/lighter trowels making plastering a bit easier, or are we trying to use the advantage of them to do more meters? Looking at another thread here with a guy on high stilts, and remembering a thread mentioning dvt, will this be the future?

There got to be more
I'm wondering if the injuries we are talking about will lessen or change in years to come? We have already mentioned machines and plastic/lighter trowels making plastering a bit easier, or are we trying to use the advantage of them to do more meters? Looking at another thread here with a guy on high stilts, and remembering a thread mentioning dvt, will this be the future?
its one thing i noticed after being on here a few years and wanted to see what truth people will say in terms of toll on body its mad,i got si joint problem(was from when younger,not plastering but plastering don't help) others have posted in past about tendon in arm problems also seen a guy a few weeks ago who said he is 48 yr old and has to pack it in as he can't move normally,one thing for sure is i try all time to minimise affect on body , lift bags in front instead of on one shoulder,try to bend knees if low,knee pads (don't care what others think) , eliminate hand held trowel from trowel off as much as possible,do little as can get away with in day, trying to spray finish.

no one gives poop what happens to our bodies, but need to give poop about ourselves.
who wants to be 65/70 healthy but can't move ,walk or get out of bed..
Happy weekend lads

There got to be more

its one thing i noticed after being on here a few years and wanted to see what truth people will say in terms of toll on body its mad,i got si joint problem(was from when younger,not plastering but plastering don't help) others have posted in past about tendon in arm problems also seen a guy a few weeks ago who said he is 48 yr old and has to pack it in as he can't move normally,one thing for sure is i try all time to minimise affect on body , lift bags in front instead of on one shoulder,try to bend knees if low,knee pads (don't care what others think) , eliminate hand held trowel from trowel off as much as possible,do little as can get away with in day, trying to spray finish.

no one gives poop what happens to our bodies, but need to give poop about ourselves.
who wants to be 65/70 healthy but can't move ,walk or get out of bed..
Happy weekend lads
I hope I won't have to work after I hit 45 maybe just for the crack of it. Hats off to those who can do plastering till retirement age.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I hope I won't have to work after I hit 45 maybe just for the crack of it. Hats off to those who can do plastering till retirement age.

30-50 is my plan....wifes pension kicks in when im 52 and hopefully enough rentals to see me through that 2 years

30-50 is my plan....wifes pension kicks in when im 52 and hopefully enough rentals to see me through that 2 years
Rentals can be a good retirement plan, especially if they mortgage free

Rentals can be a good retirement plan, especially if they mortgage free

Yeah had my longest 1 for 10 years now and overpay nown and again so only got about 8 years left on it. rental yields are ace where I live so getting a good 10%...so on that basis its already paid for itself

Yeah had my longest 1 for 10 years now and overpay nown and again so only got about 8 years left on it. rental yields are ace where I live so getting a good 10%...so on that basis its already paid for itself
That's good going!
I got none I just hope I'll win the euro millions within the next few years [emoji106] [emoji12]

Reactions: Pug
That's good going!
I got none I just hope I'll win the euro millions within the next few years [emoji106] [emoji12]

Lol....my euro millions ticket is on direct debit so dont even have to think about it...they will just give me a ring when I win.

Well done mate, it's good to have a plan.

Lol....my euro millions ticket is on direct debit so dont even have to think about it...they will just give me a ring when I win.
I have to buy one at first lol earlier get a heart attack than some easy money

One thing I have started to struggle with is trigger finger it's rare at my age but a ball ache its like my hand locks up in certain situations like pva with a roller, I believe it's blocked tubes or something but just can't afford time out to get it sorted.
As for back aches I think it goes with this job it's like a side effect :(

That's how the Duke of Westminster started, he hasn't done too bad overall. His policy is never sell. Mind you,his rentals are in Knightsbridge
May not be knightsbridge but in hindsight glad we couldnt sell as it changed my thinking more for the long term