30/40 + crew

Members online

How many plasterers have a back problem?

• yes

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • no

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

Vincey

Private Member
Interested to know how many of you have a back problem or constant pain in your back or knees and if there is any 30/40 year olds that are okay?

I would have back problems if I didn't see a chiropractor every 3 or 4 months. Was a hod carrier for 15 yrs. Back and joints are mostly ok. It's the rest of me that's falling apart! 48.

My back was fine until I started weight lifting and got up to a 125kg squat repping. It's when the s**t hit the fan here I hit the gym and wanted to be like big Arnie. Gym 5 days a week, eating 5-6 meals a day and training as if my life depended on it! Didn't mind all the other exercises but the squat f**k*d my back up big time.

When started back working again and esp with stonework, I have to roll out of bed most mornings and if I lie down to long, I can seize up! :(. Not good this at 36yr old. f**k knows what I'll be like when 50 :(

Trouble is when you are young you are called a pussy for not being able to carry 2 bags up a ladder bla bla bla yet if you could see into the future you would only ever carry one and bend your knees :D

Reactions: Mag
Backs good
Knees not as good as they were a few years ago, 30+ years in the game has to take its toll somewhere i suppose ?

Back went for first time 2 years ago and of all things it was when I went to do my boots up I was all bent up and in agony didn't get no sympathy off the blokes I was working with apart from loads of laughter and I'm only 32

I pulled my back last year lifting a compressor out the boot of my car... right before my spanish tour on the bike... spend a week in my mates sauner pretty much which helped but I dont want that pain again

My back is gone a long time ago, all that bending backwards for people. Knees are going recently, all that pleasing others...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When your back goes just take days off to recover or ull regret it..my back goes on average about 3 times a year..strong painkillers and few days rest then ull be bk to normal then it will go again..once ur back goes once just get used to It as it will never fully recover

My back is fine but knees do be in bits sometimes.Some evenings am fit for nothing only lying down.The odd time the woman asks me if I want to go for a walk in the evening,has'nt a clue.

Back problems started about five years ago, had the problem with my shoulders for about 8 years, knees and ankles fooked also, 48 years old so the wife tells me it's nothing to to with plastering it's just I'm an old moaning fart, the trouble is I think the doctor is starting to agree with her

I'm 48 had sciatica once that levelled me for 2-3days but apart from that not really had any probs,came off ladder landing on rigid legs that fecked me knees up for sometime after 3yrs on n off they seem ok now.
Just the pissing n shitting meself ,dribbling and forgetting who and where I am now that is most problematic.

Back went for first time 2 years ago and of all things it was when I went to do my boots up I was all bent up and in agony didn't get no sympathy off the blokes I was working with apart from loads of laughter and I'm only 32
Stone:coffe:

20 years ago my back really gave me hell, must of spent a fortune him/her and was at the osteopaths every month.

Over the last numbers years been taking a high dosage Glucosamine 1,500mg one a day and hardly been to have my back sorted...seems to work for me.

Same here, suffered terrible sciatica after a prolapsed disc. I take glucosamine , cod liver and multivitamin every morning plus I stretch a little before big days, feel pretty good.....for now [emoji15]

I would be interested to see this post in twenty + years time, what with the younger lads having been brought up with plastic tools, ( they are definitely easier on the joints), and when you bring machines into the equation, together with less and less float and set being done, the work has got a bit less physical
( good thing imo). These lads should go on and on.

I'm 28 and have had sciatica for years, at times one side of my leg and foot goes numb. Had x-rays but all come back clear no sign of collapsed discs or even arthritis. Got an MRI scan and my nerve is running between two muscles in my behind. So when the swell I get sciatica fun times

Same here, suffered terrible sciatica after a prolapsed disc. I take glucosamine , cod liver and multivitamin every morning plus I stretch a little before big days, feel pretty good.....for now [emoji15]
Same as that @Olican, I stretch now, and find a gentle workout using a kettlebell seems to unlock things a bit. + my drug of choice is ibroprufen

I'm 28 and have had sciatica for years, at times one side of my leg and foot goes numb. Had x-rays but all come back clear no sign of collapsed discs or even arthritis. Got an MRI scan and my nerve is running between two muscles in my behind. So when the swell I get sciatica fun times
Never use swell ,muscle , behind and fun times in the same post :estudioso: certain members will see this as enticement :sorprendido3:

Had previous chats with guys that were good at sports at school and they suffer really badly with all limbs now.

Me I was crap at sports so that wasn't a problem, doing ceilings crippled me on the lower back, most guys I know are in later life like me I'm 60 next month.

I would be interested to see this post in twenty + years time, what with the younger lads having been brought up with plastic tools, ( they are definitely easier on the joints), and when you bring machines into the equation, together with less and less float and set being done, the work has got a bit less physical
One reason I started the thread mate,great minds think alike even if our backs are all stuffed.

Im 30 and feel fantastic, although I only been going 9 months:musculoso:

Exactly why the likes of @Speedskim and other spats are a good thing :D

I used to think I was indestructible, turns out I was wrong
Im only playing, after 9 months already finding it tough if I get a itch inbetween my shoulder blades...like im not bending the way I did a year ago