30/40 + crew

Members online

How many plasterers have a back problem?

• yes

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • no

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters
Been doing this since 16, no back problems so far. Best tip was told to bend my knees when lifting or mixing...
Knees would be fecked if it weren't for the kneepads in trousers
Hands and wrists are a different story tho - both parents with arthritis so I`m destined for it

Great tip is to stretch as often as you can - sitting down and touch ur toes then twist round either side, I do it before bed and once I wake up, annoys the Mrs but it`s either that or I seize up and she can give me a bedbath lol

Its my shoulder/shoulder blade that causes me problems had physio on them a few times, usually eases off for a few months then comes back. If i rotate my shoulders I hear a horrible clicking sound, not got when i'm only 28:(

Yoga is canny for flexibility. The view can sometimes be quite pleasant depending on the group dynamic

Its my shoulder/shoulder blade that causes me problems had physio on them a few times, usually eases off for a few months then comes back. If i rotate my shoulders I hear a horrible clicking sound, not got when i'm only 28:(

Have you spent most your time labouring on yourself? I get a tingling feeling under my left shoulder blade all the time (hawk hand) and my right one locks up and clicks often.

Its only since I started doing big mixes by myself carrying the skim bucket brimmed to the top (2 bags a mix) and carrying buckets of muck.

I found using a spot board even for small mixes has helped although I spend more time walking I spend less time carrying big buckets about

Have you spent most your time labouring on yourself? I get a tingling feeling under my left shoulder blade all the time (hawk hand) and my right one locks up and clicks often.

Its only since I started doing big mixes by myself carrying the skim bucket brimmed to the top (2 bags a mix) and carrying buckets of muck.

I found using a spot board even for small mixes has helped although I spend more time walking I spend less time carrying big buckets about
Just get a dolly from toolstation for 15quid, and push the bucket along instead of lifting it, that's backbreaking lifting 2 bucket of skim on a spotboard

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

careful the elf n safety stazi will use evidence here to ban our noble craft ! :buitre: we`ll all be painters then :cachetada:

backs ok at the moment, but developed tennis elbow --------------------- don't even play tennis :reloco:

I labour for myself most days, it does sound similar to what I have, on my right should blade it feels like someone is lightly pressing their finger into it all the time when resting. When troweling it gets sore and I get a tingling feeling right through my shoulder up to my neck. I got a bad nick in my s*p*r*lex and went back to finishing with MT stainless and it did get worse. must be due for another round of physio

I labour for myself most days, it does sound similar to what I have, on my right should blade it feels like someone is lightly pressing their finger into it all the time when resting. When troweling it gets sore and I get a tingling feeling right through my shoulder up to my neck. I got a bad nick in my s*p*r*lex and went back to finishing with MT stainless and it did get worse. must be due for another round of physio
I know it's a trek but there is a fantastic chiropractor in Galashiels. Works on the rugby players, really knows his stuff, reasonable rates.

No back problem today Yey! Only sweated about ten litres, now just trying to balance it out with some liquid bread

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Come on,seriously... Any lower back pain ?

Surely at your age

at my age you cheeky c**t I'm in my prime o_O.

over 25 years and not a single twinge in my back.
it's all the stretching.
you have to stay flexible.
Screenshot_2016-09-14-19-58-51.png

Im only playing, after 9 months already finding it tough if I get a itch inbetween my shoulder blades...like im not bending the way I did a year ago
What so after 9 months of skimming your feeling it already?[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What so after 9 months of skimming your feeling it already?[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont get any pain in anything, just my right hand goes numb a lot...when I said about itch between shoulder blades its more like my range of moment is slightly less.....how are your joints bobby