10 years since I seen this

Members online

John j

Mono Don
Didn't think it came in grey any more . I remember when I started . I had a bag of pink n bag of grey and phone other plasterer to ask if I could mix em together ....the shame doh

Attachments

• 20180214_085800.jpg
    20180214_085800.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 401
We used to get Bonding, Thistle Board Finish and Sirapite turn up in gray occasionally down here in Essex, it was the norm in other parts of the country.

I had that a few weeks ago, went off like a rocket too

Didn't think it came in grey any more . I remember when I started . I had a bag of pink n bag of grey and phone other plasterer to ask if I could mix em together ....the shame doh
Got a couple of bags last week that where grey only seen pink. I thought it was I nice surprise.

I got all nostalgic lol. That grey skim is a nightmare to skim over pull new skim in like f**k even after 3 coats pva
The best thing for killing the suction over grey skim is blue grit or any other make primer..
Pva is not strong enough it will pull no mattter how many coats of pva you give it m8..

:numberone: Gyprime is number one , but it’s probably a waste of my time trying explain that to plasterers

It's been debated before on here:rolleyes:,,some say yes some say no....
But if you think having a vote will make me change my mind.. ..:endesacuerdo:

It's been debated before on here:rolleyes:,,some say yes some say no....
But if you think having a vote will make me change my mind.. ..:endesacuerdo:
When we have to deal with stubborn bastards like your self we might as well piss into the wind but I will tell you again primers will kill the suction weather you like it or not it’s a FACT

When we have to deal with stubborn bastards like your self we might as well piss into the wind but I will tell you again primers will kill the suction weather you like it or not it’s a FACT
Easy now tiger. ....

By the way... Who is "we" and "us"?....
You in a gang or hanging about the swing park with your pals...
Must be your turn for a go on the chute now;)

Yes mate , I don’t mean to offend anyone but the amount of times people say “I pva 3 times and it still pulled in like a “ I think why not just use gyprime , always known what I’m gonna get and it’s consistent
Thank f**k for that another REAL plasterer who knows what he is talking about..;)
Anymore takers??
5 free tubs of primer up for grabs once I’ve proved mr know it all wrong..
Going to give a tub to every correct answer it’s not cheap so get cracking with your answers lads..

Easy now tiger. ....

By the way... Who is "we" and "us"?....
You in a gang or hanging about the swing park with your pals...
Must be your turn for a go on the chute now;)
“We” and “us” are the people that realise you are obviously talking a load of shite because any plasterer who knows what he is talking about will tell you the same thing as myself??
Happy days;)

Yes mate , I don’t mean to offend anyone but the amount of times people say “I pva 3 times and it still pulled in like a “ I think why not just use gyprime , always known what I’m gonna get and it’s consistent

Did you know that gyp-prime is compatable with thistle bond-it
Anyone want to have a stab at why that is?.
if your only wanting suction control only a lunactic would use blue grit ahead of sbr gypprime ,a decent quality pva or even microgobetis.

if your only wanting suction control only a lunactic would use blue grit ahead of sbr gypprime ,a decent quality pva or even microgobetis.
A primer is a primer we are plasterers not f**k**g brain surgeons;)

Reactions: Djr
Yeah I like to use Microgobetis, you can water it down 3:1 as well.

I find it kills suction myself but I’m not getting involved,good stuff but pants to use it goes everywhere I find the bostik stuff a lot less messy, I sound a right f-in bore