1 coat skimming with supaflex

Members online

1 coat
20150921_134222.jpg

It's less work for the same finish if you know what you are doing. I still 2 coat most of the time. Depends on the job am at.

Its just something I've never done or seen anyone doing. Now that its getting discussed on here, might just throw a wall on on my next skim job to see how I get on. If using one coat only saves an hour during the day, I wouldn't risk it TBH.

135m2 a day, holy shamoly.. On my rates of £# per metre I'd be on £### a day [emoji33]

Only once a week on certain type houses on this site.....all ceilings skimmed day before.....4 double bedrooms straight forward walls skimmed.

Any one ever thought why it's now ok to use one coat of render (OCR) but as soon as people mention it with skimming it's wrong!?
I don't one coat but I can't see how if it's done right it's any different?
It's about timing, same with two coats. If the boarding is bad and joins are out then I find I'm coating with 2 thick coats instead of 2 normal ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funny thing is I do a bit of both worlds- walls always 2 coats, ceiling one! And the ceiling turns always better!:pcmala:
Yes I agree with the ceilings do turn out better it must be that it's easier to look at a polished ceiling

Each to their own,if you get a good finish with one coat then nothing wrong with it.

Any one ever thought why it's now ok to use one coat of render (OCR) but as soon as people mention it with skimming it's wrong!?
I don't one coat but I can't see how if it's done right it's any different?
It's about timing, same with two coats. If the boarding is bad and joins are out then I find I'm coating with 2 thick coats instead of 2 normal ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because OCR is specifically made for one coat. It's always best to just do as the materials are specified. IMO. :inocente:

Bags say two coats. End of. You wouldnt like one coat of paint on your walls would you..?? Fill out joints and dub out beads first. Rolf. What won't your shitty one coat work otherwise? Sponges!?! f**k**g car wash cowboys.

When I commit to 1 coat it always comes out mint...I think in a weird way you try that little harder...

Coz its so wrong but sooooo right!!!

Bags say two coats. End of. You wouldnt like one coat of paint on your walls would you..?? Fill out joints and dub out beads first. Rolf. What won't your shitty one coat work otherwise? Sponges!?! f**k**g car wash cowboys.

Course it does there selling it!!!

Do you wash your bucket after each mix.

Yeah man! f**k them!

image.jpeg

What in the fuuck has 1 coat of paint or sponges got to do with anything ??

I like your logic...Guessing the rooms have spotlights in the ceilings :sisi:

But......, your face is right up to it and you can see any small imperfection using the day light. And because is a ceiling you look twice at it before you step down. I just wonder , if I can do good finish with one coat and no sponge on the ceiling I shouldn't have any problems on the walls with sponge! Just waiting for the right moment someone to show me the love!
Does this makes me foamosexual?

On site bond and then skim ceiling two coats same mix when skimming, floated walls two coats same mix,all reskims two coat. jobs a goodun.

2 coat skimming is sound same as one coat skimming.
I like to change and adapt to different things that make my job easier.
So if one coat skim with a sponge works for me then am happy.
It's better than being a on trick pony that's scared of stepping out of the stable!!!!!

I served my time with a 1 coat plaster his finish was s**t hot. Now am on my own I second coat my work just cuz it feels right.