You've got to see these toolboxes

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hereby name my first toolbox the Flynnyman, in honour of our esteemed moderator. It took 3 hours to make and comfortably houses my collection of 11", 14" x2, 16", 18" and 20" trowels :RpS_biggrin:

flynnyman.jpeg
Love it its just like the original :) i see you didnt make my alterations for the handboard YET but we are getting there. :)

Finishing what cakes? I try and keep my trowels very clean but they aint as clean as them babys. You must be a proud man.

I take great pride in my work. My dad was a goldsmith and my mum was an embroiderer. They were both very good with their hands and always worked to the best of their ability. It was their philosophy that tools that are looked after will look after the owner :)

One marvel of the age we live in is that you can order something from the comfort of your home and it'll arrive the next day. I managed to find a Festool box of the same specification with the assistance of TonyM.

After unpackaging the box, I could immediately appreciate that the box was well constructed. The colour scheme is consistent with all boxes made by Festool: their brand colour is ivory and green. If you don't like the colour scheme, there is a company called Tanos that makes them in different colours but you don't get "Festool" embossed on the outside (whether that really matters or not).

There is one downside to this box, from the photo shown below, you will notice that the inside of the box has many ridges and supports. The profile is also not perfectly rectangular as there are many subtle recesses. This will consequently make cutting the insert more difficult. Therefore, you may decide that it is easier to choose a box that is easier to work with, but for the purposes of this experiment I shall continue with what I have.

Hopefully the foam will arrive today as well :RpS_biggrin:

empty_box.jpeg

Good god man!! I've never known a spread to arsed about colour schemes!! Something you want to tell us Minh?

I hereby name my first toolbox the Flynnyman, in honour of our esteemed moderator. It took 3 hours to make and comfortably houses my collection of 11", 14" x2, 16", 18" and 20" trowels :RpS_biggrin:

flynnyman.jpeg

Bloody nice job Minh. I like that a lot!!!!!

never seen anything as daft,
whats up with just puting your gear in a bucket, as has been the case since time begun.
turn up on site with that and get laughed at.

never seen anything as daft,
whats up with just puting your gear in a bucket, as has been the case since time begun.
turn up on site with that and get laughed at.

I use a bucket but once you trowel gets so sharp it gets niks very easy, you dont do much skimmin so i doubt it will affect you.

I use a bucket but once you trowel gets so sharp it gets niks very easy, you dont do much skimmin so i doubt it will affect you.

i take your point,
but when we were in the plastering game we just had sleeves to put over the trowels.
how would you keep a box like that clean, its impracticle at the very least
nothing wrong with looking after your tools, but your bordering on ocd with that.

i take your point,
but when we were in the plastering game we just had sleeves to put over the trowels.
how would you keep a box like that clean, its impracticle at the very least
nothing wrong with looking after your tools, but your bordering on ocd with that.

Ah **** keeping the box clean i would even use it as a small hop up :) there you go mihn the "flynnyman" is getting better :)

It's all very camp this tarty tool box talk. Why not tie some ribbons to it and sprinkle glitter over the outside and skip onto site like Mary poppins!

I nearly throw up before with his comment on flynnyman the bestest mod in the world of something.. I'd watch out bud he's defo after a pork swording :RpS_laugh:
He said "I hereby name my first toolbox the Flynnyman, in honour of our esteemed moderator." So its in your head :)

He said "I hereby name my first toolbox the Flynnyman, in honour of our esteemed moderator." So its in your head :)

Flynnyman, With all due respect, I will make you a box in your honour. Please let me know your requirements. I'll need to know which make of tools you use and the tools that you are planning on accommodating :)

Where did you get the foam from? And how did you go about cutting the shapes out to house the tools?

Let me make one thing clear to everyone: I am not here to advertise my toolbox.

The foam is known as Ethafoam. It was cut with a retractable hobby knife and a electric hot knife :)

Asking out of interest Minh as I think it looks smart why so up tight about it?

I'm not. If you read the previous posts, there are some members that think that it is a marketing ploy. I'm saying politely that it's contrary to their opinion :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.