You've got to see these toolboxes

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minh

It's was wet and dreary morning and I'm waiting for my first hit of the day to pull in. To save myself the monotony of looking at wet walls (regardless of how therapeutic it can be), I decided to look around and see what other people were doing. I'm not normally impressed by much, but I came across another spread who had these two toolboxes for storing his trowels and tools. I could not believe the sight before my eyes. I thought his tools were brand new, but on close inspection they were simply sparkling clean: handles, shanks, everything. Check out the photo's below:

trowels.jpeg

small_trowels.jpeg

That is smart! Did he make the cut outs himself or buy it like that?

It was hand made. A real labour of love.

The boxes are very clever and they both stack on top of each other and lock together to prevent them moving around during transit.

Due to the fact that trowels are different shapes and sizes the inserts had to be cut manually. They also have to be arranged efficiently to allow the box to store a good selection of trowels. Apparently there's a special technique for cutting the inserts to allow the trowels to be slotted "face" to "face". This version was his 2nd generation model.

He also had a box holding his modified Mega-Mixer and portable transformer!

While i applaud the sentiment i cant help thinking that this guy has fcuk all else going on in his life.:RpS_unsure:

While i applaud the sentiment i cant help thinking that this guy has fcuk all else going on in his life.:RpS_unsure:

I can't fault his work because he did a top notch job. At the end of the day he loaded them into the back of his Mercedes AMG and sped off. He's obviously doing something right.

Interestingly, he just left his mixer behind. He said that he only brings back what is important each night: it was his trowels that made him money. The mixer can be replaced.

you are spot on beader just what i was thinking,if these are genuine photos he must be spending some serious time getting them this clean,notice there is no dust/marks on foam, the discipline to do this each day, not for me,been cleaning my tools all these years will continue doing it, what a saddo,

you are spot on beader just what i was thinking,if these are genuine photos he must be spending some serious time getting them this clean,notice there is no dust/marks on foam, the discipline to do this each day, not for me,been cleaning my tools all these years will continue doing it, what a saddo,

If you look carefully at the callous preventer, you'll notice that there's some dust on it. He is human after all.

He kept his boxes closed in the corner, and he washed his tools with a stiff brush immediately after using them.

Last edited:
I can't fault his work because he did a top notch job. At the end of the day he loaded them into the back of his Mercedes AMG and sped off. He's obviously doing something right.
Yes drug dealing on the side.LOL.

had to look at these pictures again agree with bubbles definate xmas prezzie ,tool box probably made by his retired dad in the garden shed, give s him something to do means well, what you should do minh is catch up with him in 6 months time and take some more photos and post them on here, nobody can be this clean in this game

had to look at these pictures again agree with bubbles definate xmas prezzie ,tool box probably made by his retired dad in the garden shed, give s him something to do means well, what you should do minh is catch up with him in 6 months time and take some more photos and post them on here, nobody can be this clean in this game

For all I know, he probably replaces the foam every now and then. To be honest, I found him quite inspiring. He never seemed in a rush to do anything: he was quick but always looked relaxed.

For all I know, he probably replaces the foam every now and then. To be honest, I found him quite inspiring. He never seemed in a rush to do anything: he was quick but always looked relaxed.
Prob been on some of the drugs he's selling.

wtf ?? why knock someone for looking after his tools ? i bet they last him a lot longer than most peoples will

wtf ?? why knock someone for looking after his tools ? i bet they last him a lot longer than most peoples will
Yea, I don't get it either. Some people can't bear to see others having nice stuff, or doing alright for themselves.

I remember a guy on one job had so much crap n **** on his tools if it was recycled it would have kept us all in materials for a year, amazed me at how he took no pride in his tools (the items that make you money), it reflected in his work too, f**k*r even wore cowboy boots, just about says it all

It was all quite depressing to begin with. I was working upstairs and came downstairs to have a look around and he had arrived an hour later than me and had just begun unloading his tools. It then occurred to me that I had been asked to do the menial tasks upstairs and he was working on the important rooms downstairs :RpS_crying:

I always considered myself to be a good plasterer but when I inspected his work close up it just seemed to be better. There were no discernible differences in our work but I assume there must have been a reason why the client gave him the additional responsibility.

Yea, I don't get it either. Some people can't bear to see others having nice stuff, or doing alright for themselves.
wezly/kevin, its not a case of being jealous or knocking somebody because they have clean tools good luck to the lad, its just in all the years i have been plastering/working with other spread etc, honestly i have never ever ever ever seen a set of tools in daily use been so clean in my life

They look like festool boxes. If thats the case then hes got more money than sense to use them for that purpose!

Thinking about it he has well over £300 worth of tools in them boxes, that's how we should all be treating our tools, WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED !!!!

They look like festool boxes. If thats the case then hes got more money than sense to use them for that purpose!

Are those boxes really expensive? I can't imagine they cost more than his collection of tools. It might be a worthwhile investment because they seem to be a great way of protecting one's gear.

Last edited:
wezly/kevin, its not a case of being jealous or knocking somebody because they have clean tools good luck to the lad, its just in all the years i have been plastering/working with other spread etc, honestly i have never ever ever ever seen a set of tools in daily use been so clean in my life
Agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.