You've got to see these toolboxes

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all like to keep our tools clean and i don't know about anyone else but i do not have the time to do it to that kind of level. That is a level of ocd i have never saw before, not knocking the guy as i would love to do it but the practicalities of doing it day after day to that standard means that you would have to be giving a fair wee bit of your spare time up to make everything spotless like that. Looks amazing though.

No offence intended Beader, but my tools are always clean. I just don't have a fancy way of storing them :)
None taken and by the way so are mine, but these are just unreal . Did you actually see him use them or were they just for show and he had another set for work?.:RpS_sneaky:

None taken and by the way so are mine, but these are just unreal . Did you actually see him use them or were they just for show and he had another set for work?.:RpS_sneaky:

I came down to watch him during lunch. When he had finished with his trowel, he simply gave it a quick scrub with a hard bristle brush. I normally use an old paint brush but I can see the advantage of using a stiffer brush because the bristles can remove dried plaster much more effectively.

They look like festool boxes. If thats the case then hes got more money than sense to use them for that purpose!
Yes, they look very much like festool tool boxes.
I suggest you sit down before you look up the cost of a AMG Mercedes.

Yes, they look very much like festool tool boxes.
I suggest you sit down before you look up the cost of a AMG Mercedes.

The client had a Range Sport and some big ass Audi. Seems as though I'm getting short changed in this deal. Next time I'll have a look at the car they drive and quote them double :RpS_angry:

A lad that works for us spends ages cleaning his tools after putting on skim which is good to see. But when the skim is fast and needs hit ASAP it can be very annoying :RpS_cursing:

A lad that works for us spends ages cleaning his tools after putting on skim which is good to see. But when the skim is fast and needs hit ASAP it can be very annoying :RpS_cursing:

I know what you mean but it only took him a few seconds to give his trowel a scrub.

After seeing those tools I'd laugh if his walls looked like sh*t :RpS_laugh:

I couldn't actually fault his work at all. I maintain high standards with all of my work, but maybe it's that box playing on my mind, making me think that his work looks better than mine.

Minh, from what you have said this bloke it to good to be true . Next time he farts see if it smells of flowers.

Hmm a router to cut the shape :RpS_cool: >> Top-Quality Tool Foam Blanks

Hey Minh why don't you just ask him how he did it?

Seen as he's so protective over his crown jewels how did you manage to get the photos :-0

We started the job on Monday and he finished his part on Tuesday afternoon. I'm still on the job because I've been lumbered with all the rooms that people don't give a s#%* about :RpS_crying:

Well it pays pretty well so I shouldn't really be complaining :RpS_biggrin:

He wasn't protective of his gear, I didn't realise that it would have generated such a response from you guys.

Minh, from what you have said this bloke it to good to be true . Next time he farts see if it smells of flowers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's the quickest spread I've ever seen. He knew how much gear he could comfortably handle to produce a top notch finish.

Why lug it all around though I bet when he has his tea he sets up a laser to make sure the kids are inline

maybe he was inspector gadget................must take up a canny bit room

The box is not as big as you would expect. From what I recall, he had a collection of 11", 12", 13" and 14" trowels. He used the 11" to lay on, and the 13" or 14" to lay down. The 11" was used to wet trowel and he probably used the 14" to dry trowel.

I'd be tempted to swap a trowel for a rusty old knackered one of the same make just to see the look on his face when he gets it out :RpS_thumbup:

I'd be tempted to swap a trowel for a rusty old knackered one of the same make just to see the look on his face when he gets it out :RpS_thumbup:

Have you noticed that there's an empty space to the right of his trowels? For all we know he might have a hidden compartment underneath housing an assault rifle :-0

To me it looks more like a salesman turned up on the job with a case of tools to advertise. I have a couple of MT permashapes and within a couple of days the writing had worn off the handles. Theres no way these belong to a frigging workman !!!!!! :)

Exactly Mike..............and there would definitely be some crap around the 'marshalltown' wording :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.