Your age / Time served

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
staryed on sites at fifteen as chippy apprentice, lost that when i was about 17/18 then worked with partitions company and with spreads late teens , am now 58 so been working on off 40 years , trouble is I cant really remember the first 20 years due to my love of the drink :RpS_love:

Age 27

Started as an apprentice joiner for a local builder 15 for a couple of years.

Started spreading 18

Time served 9 years

Back twinges regularly due to being 6'4" and bending down to floor level.

shoulder issues due to car crash 2010, shoulder grinds when skimming ceilings

7 day weeks exasperated aliments no end!

Wish I knew more of the trade such as fibrous, venetian and the niche side of the trade as that seems to be easier on the body..

Boarding, dabbing, float and set and skimming are just body killers

Age 74
Started out at 13
So been bullshittin for 61 years.....:RpS_scared:..............:RpS_biggrin:

Beat that...

seriously tho...46 next year.
yts at 16 got kept on full time with the company I had a placement with, got thrown. in with the plasterers ..deep end..:RpS_crying:told to learn quick....no apprenticeship:-0...was with the same co till earlier this year.
so 30 years!!!!!..feckin hell !!!!!! Thankfully no major ailments ....bad back..knees,tennis elbow etc....
mabye just been lucky....or its all gonna come at the same time.:RpS_unsure:

Age 27

Started as an apprentice joiner for a local builder 15 for a couple of years.

Started spreading 18

Time served 9 years

Back twinges regularly due to being 6'4" and bending down to floor level.

shoulder issues due to car crash 2010, shoulder grinds when skimming ceilings

7 day weeks exasperated aliments no end!

Wish I knew more of the trade such as fibrous, venetian and the niche side of the trade as that seems to be easier on the body..

Boarding, dabbing, float and set and skimming are just body killers
6'4 Jesus!! I complain and am a mere 6'2 lol :RpS_laugh: don't worry you'll do your back at some stage we all do :RpS_wink:

age 45 ,46 soon
started 15
30 yrs spreading
bad back 28yrs
arthritis 10 yrs
shoulder op 15 yrs ago and tennis elbow op at same time
wooden box wont be long if I keep in this game lol ,nah its the job that keeps me going best physio there is ,happy new year to one and all :RpS_thumbsup:

How many in denial that we are basically done and dusted.i always seem to think that I have about a year left of plastering, not so sure anymore

Age 44
Hair. Auburn
Four years with local builder from 18, then degree in librarianship, then worked on dredgers and a variety of other jobs till 30, then back to plastering.. So 18 years. Fit as ****.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Left school in 1980 worked in a bakery for 6 weeks icing cakes was offered Plastering apprenticeship seemed like a natural progression :rolleyes)and started in the august i'm 50 next year so on and off for too long

How many in denial that we are basically done and dusted.i always seem to think that I have about a year left of plastering, not so sure anymore
Don't be daft John we too long in the tooth to change!? I reckon a good single malt every now and again would boost your spirits :RpS_thumbup:

27 in a week. Started at 17 so 10 years.

Although I don't plaster every day. Some weeks 4-5 days others non so only 6-7 years experience

Started labouring on and of since 17
Started my own business at 25
Total 24 years but i would say proper spreading for 16 years, is that complicated:RpS_confused:
Fit and well at the moment, touch wood.

age 65
started at 15, 6 months probation ,then 5 year indentured apprentice .
served 51 years in march.2014
quadruple heart bypass 7 years ago.

Hiya kids 62 years old started 5 year indentured apprenticeship at 15,now 47years later still plastering and still love it. Definitely the best trade to keep you fit, and even with all the pva and reskim only brigade on the go there is still plenty work and money to be made for plasterers that can use a straightedge and derby properly.

30 started labouring weekends at 14. Did my a-levels then decided I liked drink + drugs to much to take uni seriously so back to the trowel full time at 18-19. Time served 11 years +

Well wish I had gone to uni now :(

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Hiya kids 62 years old started 5 year indentured apprenticeship at 15,now 47years later still plastering and still love it. Definitely the best trade to keep you fit, and even with all the pva and reskim only brigade on the go there is still plenty work and money to be made for plasterers that can use a straightedge and derby properly.
I call my two handled straightedge....Terence Trent lol :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.