worse trade ever! nowadays

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just telling owls today I seen a job for Ewi go for half the price it would in 2005 and the mc was still shopping round for a cheaper quote.....half the price of 8years ago. Half...yeah you heard me.

:RpS_laugh: is that to go with your new van, sounds like you need a phallic symbol........................keep living the dream.....................:RpS_lol:

Got to aim high mate other wise your never get there...too much negativity on here sometimes....

I was just telling owls today I seen a job for Ewi go for half the price it would in 2005 and the mc was still shopping round for a cheaper quote.....half the price of 8years ago. Half...yeah you heard me.

The standard of the EWI that's going on round here is shocking!
I was able to get a grant to do my house but had no control over who did the job so I did not bother!

this is my latest a addition to my growing fleet -
P1010693_zps10d1dc95.jpg

and the crew come free
P1010712_zpsa160a945.jpg

just have to feed them:RpS_lol:

that's a hard wheres wally, ive been looking for 10 minutes and still cant see him. :RpS_blink:

More like 140-150, 120 is a ten year old day rate
I agree but you won't get anymore than £120 in the north.was getting £120 in 99 and £3.00mtr tell me any other industry that would put up with such a pay cut.lucky to get £2.50 mtr these days.things are starting to change and can't wait to start picking and choosing jobs and having contractors fighting for your services.

I'm from Hampshire, don't do big site work. Just do domestic & work for regular builders (extensions & one off developments). I personally don't understand people pricing that sort of work for under £180-£200 a day labour, if you are trying to run a business. I get people round my way pricing £150 a day (re skim work) which will include labour & materials, take tax off that, run a van, paperwork, advertising, time pricing. You might as well work at tesco! Unfortunately customers seem to want cheap work not quality work & the people not paying tax will win most domestic jobs!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

bloody love this job me. I honestly can't think of a single thing I could do round this area where I could earn anyway near as much as I do.
You get out what put, in and I try to put in as much as I can every time I leave the house.

I love plastering, would do the same if starting agian from school, its just a shame people are devalueing the trade with stupid prices.. its a very skillful job... so charge accordingly, and less of the chancer pricing, that way we are ok...

Agree with "cassie". You should be able to charge a half decent rate for the skill

Sent from my iPhone using The Plasterers Forum

I love plastering, would do the same if starting agian from school, its just a shame people are devalueing the trade with stupid prices.. its a very skillful job... so charge accordingly, and less of the chancer pricing, that way we are ok...

I completely agree Cassie, a skillfully job, but plasterers don't help themselves sometimes, the majority of spreads I know look like they haven't washed they're clothes in a month, rough shaven with a fag hanging out of they're mouths & say (I let my trowell do the talking! Lol) how can we demand a professional wage if we look like glorified labourers? If we only turned up in a smart van, on time, clean clothes, didn't swear etc etc we'd be half way there. Just an observation!

I completely agree Cassie, a skillfully job, but plasterers don't help themselves sometimes, the majority of spreads I know look like they haven't washed they're clothes in a month, rough shaven with a fag hanging out of they're mouths & say (I let my trowell do the talking! Lol) how can we demand a professional wage if we look like glorified labourers? If we only turned up in a smart van, on time, clean clothes, didn't swear etc etc we'd be half way there. Just an observation!
snob

Status
Not open for further replies.