Working time / Suction control

Members online

Will be going on to about 3mm of multi I put on it a few days ago, could also consider a bucket load of napalm, would probably improve it :risas:
Will be going on to about 3mm of multi I put on it a few days ago, could also consider a bucket load of napalm, would probably improve it :risas:

overboard it
ok!

Thankyou for that, inbetween coats I can eat my gingernuts, or might start on the rich tea :fuckyou:
ok!

Thankyou for that, inbetween coats I can eat my gingernuts, or might start on the rich tea :fuckyou:

ffs :tonto:5 might not be enough.....play it safe and double it pal

I woke up amd first thing I thought of was ohhhhh I can skim that wall today as the guys have taught me so much, then tried starting to hobble around my building site of a home

08:36 Saturday morning and I’m moderately excited, yet thoroughly invested in a picture of a wall to be skimmed.

f**k my life

Heck, at least I'm learning! It's only a bathroom so it's my practice room, thankfully I've only got one more room to do which will be the cinema :fuckyou:

It's fresh plaster. Pva f**k out of it. Could have blasted a mist coat on before pva to help you but too late now

Will do!

Thankyou :fuckyou:

I'll take some photos of the progress so you guys can rip my methods apart lol

pva it once, then again immediately after. can even do 3 if you need. You'll know when it's sealed as it stays white for a bit when you roll it on.

get setup and let pva dry out, don't skim it wet or tacky

mix up first coat get it on. if you want to be safe, quick run over with speedskim

mix up second coat lay it down. speed skim again

should be taking shape at this point

speedskim is only good on wet gear, if it's gone in a bit will drag it

trowel up lightly fill any holes etc take lines out then leave it for a bit

I knew 'a guy' like that in the butlins camp, he was a real meat eater who went to the gym, I'm one of these hippy lentil guys, chalk and cheese, he's out now and we've been real good friends ever since

Not the shitting room? It's the room of destruction me for, but that's only cos I eat a s**t load of eggs and from time to time green lentils

Ah the first time I did the pva it didn't go white, so probably didn't put it on enough

I'll pop out in an hour or so and get another bag of multi from wickes - big day today, we are apparently choosing wallpaper so allowed out

pva it once, then again immediately after. can even do 3 if you need. You'll know when it's sealed as it stays white for a bit when you roll it on.

get setup and let pva dry out, don't skim it wet or tacky

mix up first coat get it on. if you want to be safe, quick run over with speedskim

mix up second coat lay it down. speed skim again

should be taking shape at this point

speedskim is only good on wet gear, if it's gone in a bit will drag it

trowel up lightly fill any holes etc take lines out then leave it for a bit