Wickes self level screed

taylorhendersonplastering

Self levelled a kitchen floor last week using wickes self level screed.primed it using SPR then layed area roughly around 20 sqm went to see it a few days later once dried and it was flat and dried out to a good standard customer happy with job.Get a phone call today to tell me floor has started to crack??been on other forums and other people are having the same trouble as wickes brand I used??
Any feedback??

Self levelled a kitchen floor last week using wickes self level screed.primed it using SPR then layed area roughly around 20 sqm went to see it a few days later once dried and it was flat and dried out to a good standard customer happy with job.Get a phone call today to tell me floor has started to crack??been on other forums and other people are having the same trouble as wickes brand I used??
Any feedback??
Should have used bluegrit!

Any feedback??

Just tell em not see cracks under link.

Had one crack on me cos I'd mixed it too wet.

It cracks very often but doesn’t often blow. Spider/hairlines. Wont matter. With that self level its good to 2 coat it

It cracks very often but doesn’t often blow. Spider/hairlines. Wont matter. With that self level its good to 2 coat it
I lot of other people say that they 2 coat it as well.i used the wickes brand primed it laid to max 6 mm thickness it dried perfect days later started cracking..told her I would re lay it for no charge but she had to buy the materials.. said to buy a different brand of screed.never had a floor crack before .oh well apart from that had a s**t start to the weekend as it was without getting that phone call today..we live in hope of winning the lottery so I can f**k off away from this s**t!

I lot of other people say that they 2 coat it as well.i used the wickes brand primed it laid to max 6 mm thickness it dried perfect days later started cracking..told her I would re lay it for no charge but she had to buy the materials.. said to buy a different brand of screed.never had a floor crack before .oh well apart from that had a st start to the weekend as it was without getting that phone call todae live in hope of winning the lottery so I can fk off away from this s**t!

I personally wouldn't use wickes mate but I've used all sorts mate done s**t loads of floor skims. always 2 coat tho to build depth . they very often to spider web crack but not blow so is fine. the floors usually laid before anyone notice. do you spike roll it?

I personally wouldn't use wickes mate but I've used all sorts mate done s**t loads of floor skims. always 2 coat tho to build depth . they very often to spider web crack but not blow so is fine. the floors usually laid before anyone notice. do you spike roll it?
She said it’s spider web cracked hoping it’s not lifted because that will be a ball ache :)get the phone call 3 weeks later to give me the good news??so much for a chilled out weekend:(

I think main thing is like been said before it's very tempting to water it down to make it spread further but only weakens the mix! That's more likely the reason it's failed.

I think main thing is like been said before it's very tempting to water it down to make it spread further but only weakens the mix! That's more likely the reason it's failed.
Maybe try some of that fairy dust on your fuckked up floor u spacker,and try a decent product instead of diy shite u bell end
You could be right about the spr mix I watered it down maybe too much water I done another floor a couple of days ago but used a stronger mix going to see take a look tomorrow to see if it has cracked