Why not spray domestic

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
I have no experience with machines except on training courses and have been looking into them for a while now and am kind of concluding that for me on domestic mainly that m100 or ritmo are going to be what would suit my work I.e s n c render and mono and Ewi if that works out for me in the future.

What I want to know is though when I read post in this section people who spray there internal plasters are always on boards (site set up) and posts I read people seem to say its not worth doing on domestic.I might seem like a plonk for asking these questions but don't care and sure a lot who are in my area of trade would like to know as well.
Why would it not be worth it on domestic over skim when I watch the 2 videos attached it seems to be going on as thick as it would be mixed up by drill.
So I can narrow my point down let's say I am doing a living room 25ft x 13ft with another spread with multi and everything is prepped ready to skim v ready to spray and I got a price on the room so we are both covered for dosh and materials for the day when it's done.
Thanks

I've sprayed multi a few times on site and tbh I have far from mastered it.
By the time you have masked up and set a machine up you have easily lost a set and ceilings are really messy.
So the room size you are talking about is say 2 sets so it's a waste of time and you've wasted money on masking material.

Skirts, arcs, Windows, door, floor, sockets, switches. All completely covered.
If you had one room to do you'd spend as much time sheeting up as you would laying on by hand.

Skirts, arcs, Windows, door, floor, sockets, switches. All completely covered.
If you had one room to do you'd spend as much time sheeting up as you would laying on by hand.
Ok I can appreciate what you saying and experience you and price plastering are sharing but the dude on the ritmo video seems to be ok around the door fair enough there is no sockets and skirts...maybe I need to hire some to find out myself

I'm a site plaster and render I have a 3 gang, I'm doing a block of 14 flats at the minute and it wouldn't pay for me to use my eze24 or any machine for that matter. We all mix are own skim and lay on simple easy 40m2 plus a man each gauge, now if you start spraying skim you have to cover up, set machine up, one mix,one spray,one flatten, then when you have the m2 on hopefully with no problem you have machine to clean walls to look after and over spray to clean,Trust me in the real world spraying skim does not work,a machine is for render or backing coats not for skim in my option as skim is easy to hand apply and more productive

I'm a site plaster and render I have a 3 gang, I'm doing a block of 14 flats at the minute and it wouldn't pay for me to use my eze24 or any machine for that matter. We all mix are own skim and lay on simple easy 40m2 plus a man each gauge, now if you start spraying skim you have to cover up, set machine up, one mix,one spray,one flatten, then when you have the m2 on hopefully with no problem you have machine to clean walls to look after and over spray to clean,Trust me in the real world spraying skim does not work,a machine is for render or backing coats not for skim in my option as skim is easy to hand apply and more productive
Thanks for the reply like I said I have no experience of machine spraying skim starting to appreciate what you are all saying.I understand now and don't mind if I have looked a plonk asking I am sure most have thought what I am trying to get at...first person to design the machine that would be better to use on domestic overskim to a plasterers advantage will be a billionaire.
Just hope it comes out soon

Thanks for the reply like I said I have no experience of machine spraying skim starting to appreciate what you aresaying.I understand now and don't mind if I have looked a plonk asking I am sure most have thought what I am trying to get at...first person to design the machine that would be better to use on domestic overskim to a plasterers advantage will be a billionaire.
:hola:

Thanks for the reply like I said I have no experience of machine spraying skim starting to appreciate what you are all saying.I understand now and don't mind if I have looked a plonk asking I am sure most have thought what I am trying to get at...first person to design the machine that would be better to use on domestic overskim to a plasterers advantage will be a billionaire.

No worries mate, you don't look a plonker at all, every day is a school day, and everyone wish it was cost effective to spray skim. But it's simple maths really, there's too little money in skimming, a machine will never pay for its self plus all the other reasons I mention earlier

Think everyone is always looking to do more to make more££££, instead of looking to charge more and do less.
This being the reason many chasing their tails to the grave which will come sooner or certainly feel that way.
It just in my head that surely it could work on domestic I probably still have a go to prove myself wrong

It just in my head that surely it could work on domestic I probably still have a go to prove myself wrong
image.jpeg

It will work one day when someone gets off their ass and designs a better gun that sprays in a fan pattern and has a complete shut off.

The only way spraying skim will become more effective is when you have much more time to finish it. you can then spray everything on first thing, clean up & spend the rest of the day trowelling up your walls and preparing for next day.

With the 3 hour window you get on multi or board spraying is the equivalent of 2 plasterers laying on and 1 plasterer finishing it off every time.

Anyone selling you different is just trying to take your money

I think the benefit of a machine is getting it to awkward places ie 20 foot up on an outside wall. No point in using it for skimming because you still have to flatten it so no point and you still need to finish it and there is only so much you can put on.

Sure most domestic jobs I do would use an average of five bags of skim, many less than three, mixing the gear is never an issue.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Could you explain a bit more what you mean?

in europe they spray internals but not with gypsum plaster. they are using sigma self finish plaster, which is premixed in rubber bags and set on contact with air.
spray finish on ceiling and walls, bring a blade [spat] over the area, brush internals. that is it , it finishes its self, the plaster dries white next day.
cover machine up with poly so that it does not need to be cleaned. only clean machine when you go on holiday.

in europe they spray internals but not with gypsum plaster. they are using sigma self finish plaster, which is premixed in rubber bags and set on contact with air.
spray finish on ceiling and walls, bring a blade [spat] over the area, brush internals. that is it , it finishes its self, the plaster dries white next day.
cover machine up with poly so that it does not need to be cleaned. only clean machine when you go on holiday.

Sounds easy! I like it already.

Question is why are we so slow to adapt.

This on a domestic situation/job or new build Malc.?