Who's working? (poll not argument)

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Current working status?

• Not at all anywhere.

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • Yes, but only person on site.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Yes, on site with others but practising safe isolation.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Part time urgent jobs.

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Working as normal 'cause fcuk it.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I think it's that bit which is attracting the naive comments. That "something meaningless" could be a rental property, and fix up and sell on property, a new van or machinery, etc. All good investments in their own way, but all need significant money putting in which is (as with any investment) heavily loaded at the front end long before any payback is acheived.
Well this is your argument , but everyone who has these things going on are in the same boat, this is a pandemic, you’ve been asked to not go to work so suck it up and help stop the spread and help the nhs.
Not go to work Cos I want to get my rental on the market, or I’ve just brought a new van or spray machine etc.. think of others has not yourself

Well this is your argument , but everyone who has these things going on are in the same boat, this is a pandemic, you’ve been asked to not go to work so suck it up and help stop the spread and help the nhs.
Not go to work Cos I want to get my rental on the market, or I’ve just brought a new van or spray machine etc.. think of others has not yourself

and therein lies the problem. The people working haven't been asked or told not to, quite the contrary. The Gov't advice is that you can go to work if you can't work from home.

Whilst you and I might not agree with it or consider it sensible that's the way it is.

In regard to thinking of others. I will quite openly state that if it came to a choice between the well being of my family and the deaths of hundreds of "others" or "helping the NHS" then it'd be best to start ordering coffins and arrange clapping on two nights instead of one.

Think of a target with three rings, the centre is the most important, the outer is the least. The centre is family, the next is friends, and the outer is very f**k*r else.

I'm getting quite a few enquiries...but they all seem to be sensible and want booking in once this sh*t storm is over.

No one in particular mush
However if anyone believes in the virus & contracting through others
He/she should not consider any work
Period
I can bet any contract could be ripped. Up due to the CV
You could create hysteria just like the media

Your welcome
That was just a cop out of a excuse from owls..he knows this now I'm imagining

I don't understand why you would go back if you are getting £2K plus per month? Are people that f**king greedy? This is a perfect opportunity to spend time with family, take up a hobby etc.
Customers haven’t worried at all about me working at their properties. They either stay upstairs or go out. I had a mild case of the virus last month, had 2 weeks off and was back at it. As long as I can still get materials all’s fine.

and therein lies the problem. The people working haven't been asked or told not to, quite the contrary. The Gov't advice is that you can go to work if you can't work from home.

Whilst you and I might not agree with it or consider it sensible that's the way it is.

In regard to thinking of others. I will quite openly state that if it came to a choice between the well being of my family and the deaths of hundreds of "others" or "helping the NHS" then it'd be best to start ordering coffins and arrange clapping on two nights instead of one.

Think of a target with three rings, the centre is the most important, the outer is the least. The centre is family, the next is friends, and the outer is very f**k*r else.
Best thing uve ever said..why would every1 be that concerned with everybody else when majority of people are c**ts! Give me dogs and animals any day over humans..

Customers haven’t worried at all about me working at their properties. They either stay upstairs or go out. I had a mild case of the virus last month, had 2 weeks off and was back at it. As long as I can still get materials all’s fine.

Travis perkins just emailed saying there back to buisness..anything ordered after 2PM is 72 hours delivery..right lockdown is this

Out of interest is it taking you longer to source materials?

Out of interest is it taking you longer to source materials?
I was doing a couple of big flats and had supplied/paid for materials. Customer panicked and shut down the job so I went round and removed them. He wasn’t happy but how do I know when I can go back ? £250 worth of multi, no brainier.

yup from moment Boris said essential workers only then changed it was a f**k up, but still hey ho more important things in life then muck spreading . Have a lovely evening

where they going out to lmao only meant to go out for exercise , shopping , medicine ..
NOT COS IVE GOT THE PLASTERER IN LOOOOOOOOOOL . You guys lmao

where they going out to lmao only meant to go out for exercise , shopping , medicine ..
NOT COS IVE GOT THE PLASTERER IN LOOOOOOOOOOL . You guys lmao
This weather they’re walking along the seafront or over the downs. Most of my customers have decent size gardens so there out there. You don’t have to stay in.

How do you know you had a mild case of the virus? :frenetico:
They weren’t doing tests, I had all the symptoms and as my wife is a key worker and was concerned she phoned the doctor. I ticked all the boxes( temperature, aching joints, no appetite/taste etc) .I‘d felt rough for about 7 days but starting to feel better so she said it sounded like a mild case and to stay in for another week. To be fair i’ve had worse hangovers and no one else in the family has got it .

They weren’t doing tests, I had all the symptoms and as my wife is a key worker and was concerned she phoned the doctor. I ticked all the boxes( temperature, aching joints, no appetite/taste etc) .I‘d felt rough for about 7 days but starting to feel better so she said it sounded like a mild case and to stay in for another week. To be fair i’ve had worse hangovers and no one else in the family has got it .

I agree with alot your saying but we haven't actually been asked to not go to work mate.this is were the problem lies the government have f**k*d up

Correct.

Doesn't cost the site anything to be a knob about smoking or radios and all that shite.

Costs em dear to shut though doesn't it? Bit different when the boot's on the other foot.

People shouldn't be out working because even if you're on your own, you're still buying petrol, lunch, materials etc.

The PM begged people to stay at home and anyone who's taking the money and working is a complete prick because that's flat out scabbing.

Still, if people are experiencing pressure of the kind that goes 'oh well, I'll get Charlie Mcfarley to do it instead', then the government has to take some of the blame for not being clear enough.
Stop making up stories.