Who does the least in a day

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Private Member
All this bragging has got me thinking,,,,,I know at times it's a show off competition but me for i got out of site work after the last recession and I'm pretty lucky that it's paid off for me,what I would like to know is if people are meter eating and actually doing these size hits can you really say you can see yourself at 60+ still doing the same thing cos unless your into property or got massive savings I think that's what a lot will still be doing?with domestics it's 100 times easier and feel I could do this rather than site work

I'm happy to do40-50 meters a day to a good finish and leave everything clean by the end of the day maybe prep some for next day. The less I do a day the merrier. Never done plastering on site wouldn't last till tea break

I
I'm happy to do40-50 meters a day to a good finish and leave everything clean by the end of the day maybe prep some for next day. The less I do a day the merrier. Never done plastering on site wouldn't last till tea break
I done my apprenticeship with @superspread and he is domestic only then moved on to house bashing hospitals and schools then now back at domestic for at least 7 years now and I couldn't imagine being back on site now I would probably earn 60 quid a week my thinking is plastering is hard enough as it is why destroy your body for some firm who don't even give a thanks and soon as work tight your down the road

I quite often skim cloakroom/wc ceilings for bathroom fitters. Usually about 1.5m. As I price up per set rather than on meterage I do alright out of it! But as I always point out, 1m takes the same amount of time as 10m.

I

I done my apprenticeship with @superspread and he is domestic only then moved on to house bashing hospitals and schools then now back at domestic for at least 7 years now and I couldn't imagine being back on site now I would probably earn 60 quid a week my thinking is plastering is hard enough as it is why destroy your body for some firm who don't even give a thanks and soon as work tight your down the road
I agree with you on the principles. But not everyone cut out for domestic I think. More to it then just turn up in the morning and crack on. Site work can be deemed as safe, you can have years of work ahead of you if you any good, don't have to negotiate with customers, go out pricing on evenings and weekends,getting gear in, running around for samples, organizing other trades etc.
I

I quite often skim cloakroom/wc ceilings for bathroom fitters. Usually about 1.5m. As I price up per set rather than on meterage I do alright out of it! But as I always point out, 1m takes the same amount of time as 10m.
I learnt a lot off Superspread and at times I thought he was having a pop and just moaning but it's sinking in after 15 years and things like nothing is half a days work always charge a day stick to your price and it will come good

I agree with you on the principles. But not everyone cut out for domestic I think. More to it then just turn up in the morning and crack on. Site work can be deemed as safe, you can have years of work ahead of you if you any good, don't have to negotiate with customers, go out pricing on evenings and weekends,getting gear in, running around for samples, organizing other trades etc.
I
Totally mate it's another job when you domestic and I have times when I really enjoy it all and get pukka customers but on the flip side of that I have proper down moments when up against people who price at 50% less and I can't see how they can make it work chasing money owed time wasters and people saying a start date only to cancel last min it's about how I deal with it

On average a 4x4m2 room over two days, sometimes even a 3x3m room over two days, sometimes a 30m2 ceiling in a day, sometimes two 20-30m2 sets a day, sometimes float 5m2, sometimes 15m2, sometimes just pva and stick up beads, sometimes tiling, sometimes hang doors, enjoy it and don't kill myself for it. Average £xxx a day if that helps. (Not allowed to talk prices) :fuckyou:

Totally mate it's another job when you domestic and I have times when I really enjoy it all and get pukka customers but on the flip side of that I have proper down moments when up against people who price at 50% less and I can't see how they can make it work chasing money owed time wasters and people saying a start date only to cancel last min it's about how I deal with it

I reckon I've got the best of both worlds. 90% of my work is for other sole traders. They know what I'll charge. I turn up, do the job, get paid. No hassle. Probably only quote a couple of jobs for punters a month and they've usually decided to use me anyway as I've been recommended. Nothing like blowing you're own trumpet.....

On average a 4x4m2 room over two days, sometimes even a 3x3m room over two days, sometimes a 30m2 ceiling in a day, sometimes two 20-30m2 sets a day, sometimes float 5m2, sometimes 15m2, sometimes just pva and stick up beads, sometimes tiling, sometimes hang doors, enjoy it and don't kill myself for it. Average £xxx a day if that helps. (Not allowed to talk prices) :fuckyou:
I don't wanna be doing this when I'm 60 if I can help it but feel I might not have a choice

I reckon I've got the best of both worlds. 90% of my work is for other sole traders. They know what I'll charge. I turn up, do the job, get paid. No hassle. Probably only quote a couple of jobs for punters a month and they've usually decided to use me anyway as I've been recommended. Nothing like blowing you're own trumpet.....

That pretty much exactly how I work. Do loads of work for other builder kitchen fitters bathroom fitters etc and then maybe a few for myself! Saves me running around chasing money etc

Yeah I know if I been recommended the chances are I will get the job still only young and still get the odd messer but been at it few years now so getting closer to being wiser at times I hate it but when I love it I love it

You just have to find the right target audience. I know a few locally who is in the trade for decades and their prices are a joke, working for a six pack, how they survive or what they live on I have no idea.

U ca
you can't beat the domestics son

Last edited:
Ahh you can't beat Ron it would have been great to see him using the nela or a speed skim

SHHHHH!! All those site boys doing 500000 metre per day will be on to our domestic work like shite to a blanket if they realise how cushty we have it!

I like the domestic work, i even build the buildings first so i can plaster them sometimes, lady on current job is a diamond tea on tap cooked dinners cant fault her. rarely get a dry bread customer but when i do they don`t get any little extras free as the job goes on like the gooduns do. Always busy but never going to be a millionaire in this game unless take big risks or a crim ! some jobs plod along get as much on as can to make a buck other times step up a gear and try to get it on faster than the laborer can mix the next tub up ! Leave a good job and add another regular to the list is the best bit.

Dosnt any1 do both? We do both I cudnt work on a site all the time and I cudnt do domestics all the time..a lot of domestic lads on here dont choose not to go on site pagey there wudnt make money on a site

Status
Not open for further replies.