Who does the least in a day

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing site work since 85 ,rarely do domestics,never ever do day work. Me personally,I'd sooner chase the m2.....seen me ok,apart from the tax I have to pay

Dosnt any1 do both? We do both I cudnt work on a site all the time and I cudnt do domestics all the time..a lot of domestic lads on here dont choose not to go on site pagey there wudnt make money on a site
I did about 8 years on site and made very good money but now I don't think I would earn decent money so hence why I don't do site work

I k
I did about 8 years on site and made very good money but now I don't think I would earn decent money so hence why I don't do site work
I know pagey uve done ur time site work fair enough its people on here who say or fck chasing m2 and stuff and its them who have never stepped foot on a site and If there did there wud earn £4.50 hence that's y there dont do site work not because prices are s**t etc which in my opinion there are not u can judge site work if you've been there and done which I bet there's quite a few on here who havnt but cum out with s**t about people bragging about m2 etc like sum1 said quite a while ago on here on a thread there's alot of jealous people on here not you pagey I respect ur comments as like u say uve been there and done it

I k
I know pagey uve done ur time site work fair enough its people on here who say or fck chasing m2 and stuff and its them who have never stepped foot on a site and If there did there wud earn £4.50 hence that's y there dont do site work not because prices are s**t etc which in my opinion there are not u can judge site work if you've been there and done which I bet there's quite a few on here who havnt but cum out with s**t about people bragging about m2 etc like sum1 said quite a while ago on here on a thread there's alot of jealous people on here not you pagey I respect ur comments as like u say uve been there and done it
I was happy on site but when it went tits up it went to £2 a m for skimming and 5 for float and set and I worked on a big firm for 8 years and was there at start when he only had 5 blokes went upto 120 the recession came in a laid 100 off of us in one go even a bloke he had worked with for 15 years so the loyalty thing went then for me I got into domestics by chance and can earn more doing that than I would being back on site now I did try go back on site around 5 years ago for a firm from ashford 3 bed house angles everywhere s**t boarding took a day to sort out got no day work and it was worth 700 quid and I couldn't make it pay so I've stayed away since then,I think if you can make it pay do it but those are my reasons for staying away,I worked with a 50 odd year old spread for a few years he was falling apart and still kept going at it now unfortunately he had rheumatoid arthritis and can't even cut beads I don't want that for me

I was happy on site but when it went tits up it went to £2 a m for skimming and 5 for float and set and I worked on a big firm for 8 years and was there at start when he only had 5 blokes went upto 120 the recession came in a laid 100 off of us in one go even a bloke he had worked with for 15 years so the loyalty thing went then for me I got into domestics by chance and can earn more doing that than I would being back on site now I did try go back on site around 5 years ago for a firm from ashford 3 bed house angles everywhere s**t boarding took a day to sort out got no day work and it was worth 700 quid and I couldn't make it pay so I've stayed away since then,I think if you can make it pay do it but those are my reasons for staying away,I worked with a 50 odd year old spread for a few years he was falling apart and still kept going at it now unfortunately he had rheumatoid arthritis and can't even cut beads I don't want that for me
U can get arthritis sat in a office all day I know spreads who r fcked I know spreads who are fit as not all spreads who work hard end up on knackered shelf granted its a hard slog sum times..my mate has worked as a postman and in factorys and call centres etc and wrks for British gas now and he's falling to bits another of my mates is a delivery driver sat on his arse driving all day and his back is f**k*d he's been to hospital with it and lot so its not all to do with plastering its called life

U can get arthritis sat in a office all day I know spreads who r fcked I know spreads who are fit as not all spreads who work hard end up on knackered shelf granted its a hard slog sum times..my mate has worked as a postman and in factorys and call centres etc and wrks for British gas now and he's falling to bits another of my mates is a delivery driver sat on his arse driving all day and his back is f**k*d he's been to hospital with it and lot so its not all to do with plastering its called life
Hahaha I get your point it's just it seemed this game has rotted him away I just put this thread up mainly cos I see people bragging about how much they do and as I've seen both sides of our work thought might be good to get the other side of it I had 6 disagree with my 10mtr a bag though which technically in right cos even says on the bag i always go for around 7sqm though but clearly I'm wrong

Hahaha I get your point it's just it seemed this game has rotted him away I just put this thread up mainly cos I see people bragging about how much they do and as I've seen both sides of our work thought might be good to get the other side of it I had 6 disagree with my 10mtr a bag though which technically in right cos even says on the bag i always go for around 7sqm though but clearly I'm wrong
Sum of it is to do with plastering I agree I'm just pointing out fact that u can end up on knackered shelf regardless my nana has got arthritis in both knees and her shoulder was she a spread...nope..i can understand people slagging m2 chasing off if there have done it but not from people who have not is all point i was making i turn alot of domestics down sum times isn't worth the hassle had sum1 ring me yestarday asking to price a full house re-skim just said havnt got time I'm afraid

Dosnt any1 do both? We do both I cudnt work on a site all the time and I cudnt do domestics all the time..a lot of domestic lads on here dont choose not to go on site pagey there wudnt make money on a site

Not been on a proper site in years here where I am. If they popped up again, I'd do both because they both have their benefits. One thing I hate about domestic is that they usually dont want you in until after 9 and finish before 5. That's not to bad if its only a small job but when its a bathroom refit, I f**k**g hate it

all i do is site work im 37 this year i work away a lot as well doing stupid hours but i actually still enjoy it and i like testing my self at work as well, but cant go like i do for ever that's for sure

Not been on a proper site in years here where I am. If they popped up again, I'd do both because they both have their benefits. One thing I hate about domestic is that they usually dont want you in until after 9 and finish before 5. That's not to bad if its only a small job but when its a bathroom refit, I f**k**g hate it
Ye I do both so got best of both worlds

Personally I couldn't think of anything worse than being on domestics and having a 9am start. We did a large job in central Leeds last summer.site manager opened up at 6am,we were mixing up by ten past and away home by 3.30pm. No dust sheets,not having to worry about rubbish or where to chuck dirty water.Just turn up switch yer brain off and earn money I'm not dissing domestics to me it just seems easier on site

Sum of it is to do with plastering I agree I'm just pointing out fact that u can end up on knackered shelf regardless my nana has got arthritis in both knees and her shoulder was she a spread...nope..i can understand people slagging m2 chasing off if there have done it but not from people who have not is all point i was making i turn alot of domestics down sum times isn't worth the hassle had sum1 ring me yestarday asking to price a full house re-skim just said havnt got time I'm afraid
It's a nice a position to be in turning work away I will admit I'm at a stage where I'm out of love with the game had a bloke move a date twice on his job then wanted to move it another week I told him mate ring me when your ready cos I got other jobs I can go do I can't keep moving things booked in because you can't decide if you want it done or not I know people had a bit of a dig at me cos I had to wait 3 days for payment on a job but I got there short notice was promised payment on completion and went in nye and nyd only to not be paid when finish not even a phone call to explain these people want us there short notice so why not pay back the respect,also what I'm finding is a lot of people now can refer to YouTube and watch clowns do a bit and all of a sudden they can do our job ones I'm recommended for never question my price ones who ring direct always think your having them over I feel at the moment in time it's like another job chasing money pricing work and having to explain everything it's a side of the domestic I don't like and builders are a pain but on flip side of that I meet 3 good customers who just want job done any extras I explain to them and if I can help out I will but at a cost you gotta have thick skin in this game these people ain't our friends I see that thread from that josh bloke in London what he got charged for rendering for crap work this is what you can be up against,I'm sure next week will be better but by reading a few threads and what a few regulars on here say I'm not only one to feel like it and I take solace in that knowing I ain't the only one

Personally I couldn't think of anything worse than being on domestics and having a 9am start. We did a large job in central Leeds last summer.site manager opened up at 6am,we were mixing up by ten past and away home by 3.30pm. No dust sheets,not having to worry about rubbish or where to chuck dirty water.Just turn up switch yer brain off and earn money I'm not dissing domestics to me it just seems easier on site
In London now when I was last on site few years back some sites have a generator and don't switch on Til 8 and finish at 5 with our game and when I was doing sites it was a 7am start 2-3 hits a day depending on how the main bloke was feeling but I can remember never being on site past 3-3.30

I start no later than 8am on domestics, if someone wants me to start later I'd tell them I can't, never had an issue, infact some customers have let me start at 7am, nearly always finish between 3/4pm

It's a nice a position to be in turning work away I will admit I'm at a stage where I'm out of love with the game had a bloke move a date twice on his job then wanted to move it another week I told him mate ring me when your ready cos I got other jobs I can go do I can't keep moving things booked in because you can't decide if you want it done or not I know people had a bit of a dig at me cos I had to wait 3 days for payment on a job but I got there short notice was promised payment on completion and went in nye and nyd only to not be paid when finish not even a phone call to explain these people want us there short notice so why not pay back the respect,also what I'm finding is a lot of people now can refer to YouTube and watch clowns do a bit and all of a sudden they can do our job ones I'm recommended for never question my price ones who ring direct always think your having them over I feel at the moment in time it's like another job chasing money pricing work and having to explain everything it's a side of the domestic I don't like and builders are a pain but on flip side of that I meet 3 good customers who just want job done any extras I explain to them and if I can help out I will but at a cost you gotta have thick skin in this game these people ain't our friends I see that thread from that josh bloke in London what he got charged for rendering for crap work this is what you can be up against,I'm sure next week will be better but by reading a few threads and what a few regulars on here say I'm not only one to feel like it and I take solace in that knowing I ain't the only one
That's y half of time I turn domestic away as I cnt be arsed pricing every domestic job that rings Il pretty much price jobs on domestics where we've been recommended other Than that not really interested in wasting my Time going to look at jobs there want doing for f**k all I'm past that now did a couple years ago id price owt up but not now

I start no later than 8am on domestics, if someone wants me to start later I'd tell them I can't, never had an issue, infact some customers have let me start at 7am, nearly always finish between 3/4pm
Same here I find it hard to get motivated If start later Than 8 if I start at 9 I cnt be arsed

yeah im same i like to start when i want and finish when i want tomoro ill be starting at 6 early starts i like never really work less than 9 hours a day tbh

P
yeah im same i like to start when i want and finish when i want tomoro ill be starting at 6 early starts i like never really work less than 9 hours a day tbh
We prob work on average about 35 hours a week if that and bacon still gets brought home

All this bragging has got me thinking,,,,,I know at times it's a show off competition but me for i got out of site work after the last recession and I'm pretty lucky that it's paid off for me,what I would like to know is if people are meter eating and actually doing these size hits can you really say you can see yourself at 60+ still doing the same thing cos unless your into property or got massive savings I think that's what a lot will still be doing?with domestics it's 100 times easier and feel I could do this rather than site work
Been doing site work since 85 ,rarely do domestics,never ever do day work. Me personally,I'd sooner chase the m2.....seen me ok,apart from the tax I have to pay
u can only chase it when your young m8 and fair play to u .but u keep on chaseing that m2 your not going to last. As some ont told me if u don't rest u will abuse your body .

I have done both site work and domestics.... domestics suited me better and I could.makenmore money easier....

However the customers never told me my times to start and finish... I f I said I was coming at 7 I would be there... worked through the night on other jobs as well...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I have done both site work and domestics.... domestics suited me better and I could.makenmore money easier....

However the customers never told me my times to start and finish... I f I said I was coming at 7 I would be there... worked through the night on other jobs as well...

With the 1 mix a day you do how did you make that last all night :whistle:

I think its best doing both then you shud be pretty much always in work bar the odd week u can make alot of money on site if you are gud and quick as ull always have company's after ur services

Most people who come out saying or f**k working on a site etc as I ain't making contractor loads of money its bullshit its because there wudnt cut it on site at end of day if u cant make it pay on m2 I wudnt work on site but I wudnt lie and make out I wudnt be seen dead on a site and slating any lads who mention m2..thats not all domestic spreads that's just a few who pop up on here giving constant slates to site spreads end of day we are all spreads who are trying to make a gud living

Status
Not open for further replies.