Which PVA

Members online

lurpak

Artex Boy
I’ve always used unibond super pva but it’s flipping expensive around £20 for 5l. I use it for everything like skimming over artex ceilings etc and never had an issue which is why I’m scared to try any of the cheaper ones.

I seen some ridiculously cheap bostik or something in b&q i think it was a 6l tub for £10 buy one get one free or something.

What do you lot use? Thanks

If you use it often go to merchants (I used Jeswson) and buy 25ltr drum. Tell them what you want to pay, I've always haggled with builders merchants, it's amazing how low they can go. About £38 I paid last time

Tbh I’m only a newbie plasterer compared to a lot of the guys on here , but even in that short time have noticed that pva or especially the cheaper brands don’t seem to be the same as the more expensive brands,
Say compared to actual guarantee brand primers and grits I’d always go for more expensive pva now if was using it personally

Tbh I’m only a newbie plasterer compared to a lot of the guys on here , but even in that short time have noticed that pva or especially the cheaper brands don’t seem to be the same as the more expensive brands,
Say compared to actual guarantee brand primers and grits I’d always go for more expensive pva now if was using it personally

In what way? Cheaper ones thinner? The one I use is so thick you have to squeeze the tub. I suppose it makes no different as the customer pays for it but when you're buying 5+ tubs it seems extortionate. Just aint got the bottle to try a cheaper one

In what way? Cheaper ones thinner? The one I use is so thick you have to squeeze the tub. I suppose it makes no different as the customer pays for it but when you're buying 5+ tubs it seems extortionate. Just aint got the bottle to try a cheaper one
I think they watered already compared to say a tub of bostik, to best of my knowledge bostik make the majority of pva in the U.K. which is sold everywhere and they also make all the pva for the cheaper brands so logic would say it’s gonna be watered down to me

This is best

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 368
Cementone pva from b and q or wickes.
Think it's around £15 I used to use unibond super pva but this stuff holds back the suction better is cheaper and smells nice in my opinion!(not a glue sniffer!)

Attachments

• IMG_4845.PNG
    IMG_4845.PNG
    422.5 KB · Views: 364
Cementone pva from b and q or wickes.
Think it's around £15 I used to use unibond super pva but this stuff holds back the suction better is cheaper and smells nice in my opinion!(not a glue sniffer!)

This is the one I was tempted with actually, they have some crazy cheap deal on in b&q unless I misunderstood it (very likely) - The smell is very important to me (also not a glue sniffer)

This is the one I was tempted with actually, they have some crazy cheap deal on in b&q unless I misunderstood it (very likely) - The smell is very important to me (also not a glue sniffer)

Try it. Mixed at same ratio as other brands it will out perform, defo holds suction back better and is more consistent. It's not piss thin.
I got converted to this stuff about 6 months ago!!

the unibond super pva is bostik?

The cementone one is made by bostik, think what @Vincey was saying was they supply other suppliers but then they water them down and own ingredients and what ever else they do etc etc (this is only speculation of course lol)
Being bostiks own product it's how it's suppose to be straight off production line into bottle!