Where is the new plasters

Members online

No members online now.
Have I said Vinceys posts should be hidden ?

Alls I do is point out to others he is a bg promoter as is correct thus giving people the knowledge his posts are somewhat biased
Is he promoting plaster we cant get.(y)

They trying to up the prices I reckon, have a look at the prices on the continent or even Ireland, you won't get a bag of skim for a fiver
€26 I paid for two bags if skimcoat recently.At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Have I said Vinceys posts should be hidden ?

Alls I do is point out to others he is a bg promoter as is correct thus giving people the knowledge his posts are somewhat biased
He is promoting plaster you can't get unless you order a pallet.

He is promoting plaster you can't get unless you order a pallet.

Do you have a stutter you seem to be repeating yourself.

It's the fact he is declaring it as brilliant the best to use, when only a few months ago it was uni that was the dogs boll ocks. And we all know that is a lie ( except you naturally)

It's the fact he is declaring it as brilliant the best to use, when only a few months ago it was uni that was the dogs boll ocks. And we all know that is a lie ( except you naturally)
You do come across as nice guy GPS.

I've formulated my own list mate of thistle skims and gods honest truth is any plasterer will come to the same conclusion if you tried each of them

1. Is thistle spray , without a doubt the best, grey in colour,smooth , easy to flatten and is near enough there after 2 then pulls in fast at the end of gauge .
2. And a very close second is unifinish, believe it or not polymodifide near as dam it carlite finish , every single old school spread who has used it will say the same , only down fall is price , and people don't read the instructions on the bag.
3 thistle pure again enhanced formula, smooth and on par with the above but just not quite as good.
4. Dura finish , modified again and grey has to be applied tight but some people don't like the feel tbh .
5. Board finish, finer grain and most people's favourite, cheap and most of the time is consistent
6. Multi finish, generally most domestics choice , a lot of people like the fat that can be drawn from it me personally don't but besides the odd posts here and there that it's crap if I get a pallet wrapped I always find it's ok. And let's be honest it's cheaper too

7. Magnetic, nice to apply and smooth but the mix does seem to drag on more than any other, definitely r******d and expensive but having said that if you get the right job with it you can make render dons money from it per m2

Last edited:
I've formulated my own list mate of thistle skims and gods honest truth is any plasterer will come to the same conclusion if you tried each of them

1. Is thistle spray , without a doubt the best, grey in colour,smooth , easy to flatten and is near enough there after 2 then pulls in fast at the end of gauge .
2. And a very close second is unifinish, believe it or not polymodifide near as dam it carlite finish , every single old school spread who has used it will say the same , only down fall is price , and people don't read the instructions on the bag.
3 thistle pure again enhanced formula, smooth and on par with the above but just not quite as good.
4. Dura finish , modified again and grey has to be applied tight but some people don't like the feel tbh .
5. Board finish, finer grain and most people's favourite, cheap and most of the time is consistent
6. Multi finish, generally most domestics choice , a lot of people like the fat that can be drawn from it me personally don't but besides the odd posts here and there that it's crap if I get a pallet wrapped I always find it's ok. And let's be honest it's cheaper too

7. Magnetic, nice to apply and smooth but the mix does seem to drag on more than any other, definitely r******d and expensive but having said that if you get the right job with it you can make render dons money from it per m2
Oi,,vincey i cant get half of them lol.

Here's my top 7
1 tools off van
2 check background of where to apply any material
3 don't read any instructions on any bag
4mix it up and apply
5drink tea and make all your phone calls
6finish plastered wall
7stick hand out and receive wages,go back to the real world.
8 STILL TOP t**t VINCEY,WELL DONE!!!!!

I am now starting to feel sorry for you and I am not going to keep commenting on your very biased,tunnel vision view.
In the future don't try to be the first to know everything about any new products,it's annoying,let someone else be first ,take a back seat for once,you come across just like the words of Bros,When will I,will I be famous.At the moment never, your too desperate to ever be noticed.

I am now starting to feel sorry for you and I am not going to keep commenting on your very biased,tunnel vision view.
In the future don't try to be the first to know everything about any new products,it's annoying,let someone else be first ,take a back seat for once,you come across just like the words of Bros,When will I,will I be famous.At the moment never, your too desperate to ever be noticed.
Are you flynnys twin brother?

Andy is definitely flynny. Zolco took the letters out of my hands.
I'm not saying it's him, but sounds like him
Ive nothing against him or Vince as a person, it's just f**k**g boring this is. If he has issues or whatnot I'm sure he can give him a bell and talk it through, I'm sure his number is plastered over the old interweb

I'm more insulted you would think I would need or want an alter ego to say what I wanted to say, also that I would be bothered. I'm pretty sure I usually say what I want, to be fair I keep out of certain topics coz they bore me but I did comment on this thread and that wasn't to vince :) it's not me xxx

Uni volume expanding due to demand.
20170811_074310.jpg

I'm not surprised tbh ,

Donzo I wanted to ask you what time set do you get on average when you put on your uni and top with multi ? Roughly 2 hours?
Approx 2-2hrs 30 depends on surface suction as you know.that 2nd coat timing has to be bang on or its a mess.
Remember that uni over tiles,,,,well i done over my tiles in bathroom to get me by until refit. The radiator was done around it.well started refit this week,,,the rough line of uni around radiator need squared.
F*"" me ,,,trying to scrape it off tile was hard,,, no joke.
That tells me that bond strength is superior to PVA and skim. I know some wont agree but that told me a lot about a plaster not designed to be used in ceramic tiles.

Approx 2-2hrs 30 depends on surface suction as you know.that 2nd coat timing has to be bang on or its a mess.
Remember that uni over tiles,,,,well i done over my tiles in bathroom to get me by until refit. The radiator was done around it.well started refit this week,,,the rough line of uni around radiator need squared.
F*"" me ,,,trying to scrape it off tile was hard,,, no joke.
That tells me that bond strength is superior to PVA and skim. I know some wont agree but that told me a lot about a plaster not designed to be used in ceramic tiles.
Thanks and out of interest have you done your uni/multi over artex silk paint, and roughly what time set , just wondering if it was any different than uni over uni which normally around or just under 3 hours, depending

Thanks and out of interest have you done your uni/multi over artex silk paint, and roughly what time set , just wondering if it was any different than uni over uni which normally around or just under 3 hours, depending
Yes,,,,the silk paint is longer. I use small blower to lift air temperature, pushes it on. I usually only use uni on flat skims.
Prefaring PVA,bonding,finish over artex patterns.

Yes,,,,the silk paint is longer. I use small blower to lift air temperature, pushes it on. I usually only use uni on flat skims.
Prefaring PVA,bonding,finish over artex patterns.
Thanks , I've been using unifinish last few weeks, mainly over the worst case scenarios in terms of surface it's going over, I've always kind of stuck to uni on uni only on the odd occasion topped with multi but will try a few more , see how I go, I presume all yours have been fine , no come backs ?

Thanks , I've been using unifinish last few weeks, mainly over the worst case scenarios in terms of surface it's going over, I've always kind of stuck to uni on uni only on the odd occasion topped with multi but will try a few more , see how I go, I presume all yours have been fine , no come backs ?
None,,,,and i done my own house 80% wit this method.if its a higher suction background i use multi top otherwise board.

Mate I have a load of vimark gb1 that gears great too, today I used Arenino and that's beautiful gear as well , a few weeks ago I went into a merchants to get some and an old guy ( who knows his plastering too) was behind the counter telling me I shouldn't use it as all the jub and other thincoats were tried and tested I told him I have a few friends on forum that have used it and they said it's fine , he said don't always believe what's said on here and the older stuff is always better, well I've done 2 jobs with the Arenino now and found out myself it's good, tried it and made up my own mind, if I hadn't of tried it I wouldn't of known and would of had to spend a day putting primer on and cost loads more ,
Thing I do like on here is always seems to be the first place where new stuff gets talked about whatever the brand

Thanks @Vincey , actually Vimark render was used for more than 30 years in France in Italy and it is used all over the world, including Japan and USA. It would be fair to say that Vimark is relatively new to the UK, but it is growing exponentially as every plastering business who used it once, ordering it again and again. The reason behind is that it is generally a better formulation, typically fibre reinforced, while being very price competitive as well.

I don't know about the UK but Knauf in Ireland are a strange thing.Their boards are good and easy got.But try getting mp finish,they need to up their game big time.