whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Nah I cam knock 1 coat gauges out around 1- 1.5 hr

Gauges with 2 coats same mix nearer 1.5 - 2hr

Gauges with a fresh 2nd coat 2 - 2.5+

Cause loads of variables

But that's how I can get 4 quick small gauges out when 1 coating...

I put more on at once if 2 coating though so swings and round abouts!

Also if 1 coating I knock my gear up much thicker thus already starting to turn bit quicker
When 1 coating do u fill tapes out or jst use fat when troweling???

Lol..but what are you "filling out"? It's just scrim on a plasterboard joint?
Some bords have tapered edges so you fill it out to tht first when 1 coating. And even if the bords wernt tapered i would stil go over tapes because it pullls the gear in (i.e it drys quicker)

Always thought taper edge for tape and fill?..Square edge Plaster?..who's doing the F*****g boarding..lol.
Still can't understand why filling tapes on square edge boards tho:rico:

Bonkers.o_O

Always thought taper edge for tape and fill?..Square edge Plaster?..who's doing the F*****g boarding..lol.
Still can't understand why filling tapes on square edge boards tho:rico:

Bonkers.o_O

To conceal the joints and to ensure there's sufficient material over that area

Seen this filling tapes out a few times on here?..what does that mean..what is it your filling out?o_O.
Lol I always do that as well... slap gear over all the joints then start skimming.... don't think it makes any difference but then I have never not done it... so who knows

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I can remember hessian scrim..put some gear over the join,bed yer scrim then two coats of skim over the lot...never used to fill over first?..nowadays stick your scrim on then two coats of skim...don't see the point in putting gear over the top of tapes first? That would be like three coats over the joints lol.

Don't know if it's been said already but 2 things I found helpful when working on your own a lot ..
1.try to keep the van cleanish in the back we all lob our s**t straight in to get away as soon as after job finished and think we will sort the crap out later but pulling up the next day and having to tidy up to even get gear loaded is a day downer before even got to job, same with sheets if they are s**t up and you are shaking them out on the next job, it looks bad when a cloud of crap is funneling down the road and again energy sapping before you even started.

2 Same in the cab area try keep it clean as possible just generally makes me feel better when driving around especially to quotes after work when I can't be arsed.

Just remembered another try keep buckets bashed out of crap and ready for next day if possible again saps energy before you even started if you have to clear them out,
But I am guilty as hell for this one just get lazier as I get older.lol

:tanguero:
Sometimes I wonder if your really a plasterer!!

Just remembered another try keep buckets bashed out of crap and ready for next day if possible again saps energy before you even started if you have to clear them out,
But I am guilty as hell for this one just get lazier as I get older.lol

If that's your best tip id retire pal!!!:LOL:

Evening all!
A tip that i mentioned on another post so will post it on this thread as maybe useful for some of you:

To save hassle when the plumber or customer wants screw holes left somewhere just mark on the floor inline with the screws then screw them right in, skim over, when set run a magnet up from the line you marked and unscrew. Screw holes found with no faff!

Evening all!
A tip that i mentioned on another post so will post it on this thread as maybe useful for some of you:

To save hassle when the plumber or customer wants screw holes left somewhere just mark on the floor inline with the screws then screw them right in, skim over, when set run a magnet up from the line you marked and unscrew. Screw holes found with no faff!
Top tip, cant believe I never thought of it and been working round all those manky screws....just got to buy a magnet now(y)