whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Fuk work off to go to events like this [emoji106]
bc57905f86985dafa3683d544cee83c1.jpg
c1f9ec801cece2be049508db3aa8ac0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a good one I was told Thursday by a old.spread when your forming curves with bonding.

When its still to soft to hard trowel, get a spounge and some really bubbly washing up liquid water, get the sponge frothy as hell then pass over the bonding with it a couple of times, it glides over it smooths it off lovley ready for skimming.

The same bloke also said to me about laying in a very tight second coat on one coat walls with a big float but I don't ever one coat so I wouldn't know.

Sponge and bonding trick worked a treat though!

Here's a good one I was told Thursday by a old.spread when your forming curves with bonding.

When its still to soft to hard trowel, get a spounge and some really bubbly washing up liquid water, get the sponge frothy as hell then pass over the bonding with it a couple of times, it glides over it smooths it off lovley ready for skimming.

The same bloke also said to me about laying in a very tight second coat on one coat walls with a big float but I don't ever one coat so I wouldn't know.

Sponge and bonding trick worked a treat though!
Im one step ahead there, did an overboard with a curve so bonded to the board and cos it was drying so much faster on the bonding got a wet sponge on it before the later trowels...lt came out nice

To be honest, wasnt sure if he was taking the piss or not but ill give that a go...thats why I started the thread, so many tips and tricks and cos I worked alone from the early stages will never pick them up any other way than just asking

Taking the piss!!!!!....only after 8 pints mate lol, I have done a whole week of skimming with one bucket with sand in to clean your whisk, end of week quick whisk up and empty out, hey presto clean bucket.

Taking the piss!!!!!....only after 8 pints mate lol, I have done a whole week of skimming with one bucket with sand in to clean your whisk, end of week quick whisk up and empty out, hey presto clean bucket.
Going to give that one a try now....should never have doubted you(y)

image.jpeg
Going to give that one a try now....should never have doubted you(y)

And another little tip, get yourself a paint pad, great for going over any bonding you have to do, curved work, chases , patching etc, and for blending in your edges blah blah blah......they are soft, easy to clean and last a lot longer than a standered bit of sponge.

Just run your splash brush over the curve gently don't need to f**k about with a sponge bubbles...

Yes tight 2nd coat when skimming after 1st coats on no flatten justt grease over your skim its like a half flatten half laying on...

A couple of hand boards will do an average wall that way when 1st coat still wet...will knock you an hr off your set!

Just run your splash brush over the curve gently don't need to f**k about with a sponge bubbles...

Yes tight 2nd coat when skimming after 1st coats on no flatten justt grease over your skim its like a half flatten half laying on...

A couple of hand boards will do an average wall that way when 1st coat still wet...will knock you an hr off your set!
Used your bonding trick on an artex ceiling today...came out a treat(y)

Get a speedskim and start going on a bit earlier than usual. Save your joints and enjoy it for longer.

Use a nela s*p*r*lex to go over the bonding when it starts to set abit fantastic !!! And to float in your curls works a dream

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.7 KB · Views: 1,051
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 987
Don't know if it's been said already but 2 things I found helpful when working on your own a lot ..
1.try to keep the van cleanish in the back we all lob our s**t straight in to get away as soon as after job finished and think we will sort the crap out later but pulling up the next day and having to tidy up to even get gear loaded is a day downer before even got to job, same with sheets if they are s**t up and you are shaking them out on the next job, it looks bad when a cloud of crap is funneling down the road and again energy sapping before you even started.

2 Same in the cab area try keep it clean as possible just generally makes me feel better when driving around especially to quotes after work when I can't be arsed.

Just remembered another try keep buckets bashed out of crap and ready for next day if possible again saps energy before you even started if you have to clear them out,
But I am guilty as hell for this one just get lazier as I get older.lol

:tanguero:

Also plenty of sponges from bandq the big bath cleaning ones with a load of micro cleaning car clothes in the van always good and quick for cleaning up splashes and sploshes on windows woodwork fires light switches and plugs and floors.
:wtf:

Best tip I ever go when I was just starting on my own from an old man and still use it to this day.
Always scrim aroundthe edges of sockets and switches when you take the fronts off.
It won't save you time but can be a godsend when you screw them sockets back in and the s**t falls out!

Best tip I ever go when I was just starting on my own from an old man and still use it to this day.
Always scrim aroundthe edges of sockets and switches when you take the fronts off.
It won't save you time but can be a godsend when you screw them sockets back in and the s**t falls out!
I never thought of doing that

A good tip i do when looking at a job to do don't look at the big walls look for the most awkward part of the job and the you can price it from that because you know the big areas are easier to cover but that's the first thing draws you in to think yeh ceiling and 4 walls no problem and then you start s...t i didn't see them pipes ect.... try it the next time you look at a job

A good tip i do when looking at a job to do don't look at the big walls look for the most awkward part of the job and the you can price it from that because you know the big areas are easier to cover but that's the first thing draws you in to think yeh ceiling and 4 walls no problem and then you start s...t i didn't see them pipes ect.... try it the next time you look at a job

Nice tip

That's exactly what my old man would always say to me.
That's y I said other day on another thread I dnt know y young lads on here go on about taking it easy doing 2 bag days..plenty time for them days later in life if have to

That's y I said other day on another thread I dnt know y young lads on here go on about taking it easy doing 2 bag days..plenty time for them days later in life if have to
I did 5 and a half today:musculoso: