whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

If someone random texts you asking for a quote and puts a kiss at the end of the message.... don’t quote them... weirdos

I had a text from a customer who I'd just been round to do a quote for. It was obviously meant for her other half as it went
"I can't wait to see you again, it's going to be great! xxxxx"

I couldn't help myself and replied

"Well this is all a bit sudden you fast Minx!"

I never heard from her again and didn't get the job. :LOL:

I had a text from a customer who I'd just been round to do a quote for. It was obviously meant for her other half as it went
"I can't wait to see you again, it's going to be great! xxxxx"

I couldn't help myself and replied

"Well this is all a bit sudden you fast Minx!"

I never heard from her again and didn't get the job. :LOL:
Lol! I have in the same night text two customers telling them I love them. Got similar replies! :X3:

Good little tip when skimming come in off ceiling/ internals/skirtings slightly on first stroke then go up to on flatten stroke so not to ski ramp or loose detail on cove or skirtings etc

In every room there's always walls areas that will get more critical light ie where day light runs across or walls with uplights/ down lights etc always try and catch them when the lights on them and spent that little more time on them.

Always give walls a good hard dry trowel when walls turning...

Learn how to 1 coat plasterboard trust me it can be done and can earn you a lot of money and save a lot of time and get extra sets in.

Always allow an extra day when saying to customers how long a job will take to give you a bit of breathing space.

Don't book jobs in front specific start date advise a w/c with a view to firming up few days before thus allowing time if hit any problems on jobs before or squeeze in a screamer that you'd otherwise loose.

Only skim dry PVA,

Bead up in between trowels,

Scrim as you go along boarding and stick couple of staples in if going to be a while before skimming.

Always allow for waste materials and round up when pricing...

Price in fuel...

Price in upkeep of tools and maintenance of vans...

Always start early...

Small quick gauged 3/4 easier than 2 big and produce more...

Never rush out of a job without being your own biggest critic...

No your limits...

And the biggest and most important learn how to blend flawlessly then there's never a ceiling or wall that you cant take on...

Stairs pull all top area off baton then pick rest up as a blend instead of up and down ladders...

Only pay yourself a minum wage and bank the rest to cover slow times...

Wear gloves my hands are fooked!!!

Could go on for ever but hey ho...

Not plastering but . Work for two brothers. Always usual piss taking. I said your bro gave me a tip . He said i.ll gi ye a tip ( and everyone in a long term relationship or marriage will understand)
He said get all your shagging out way before you get to 40

Not plastering but . Work for two brothers. Always usual piss taking. I said your bro gave me a tip . He said i.ll gi ye a tip ( and everyone in a long term relationship or marriage will understand)
He said get all your shagging out way before you get to 40
I'd have probably gone for thirty.

I was plastering a bathroom today...insisted on leaving the sink in place...was so tight behind there could get any tool in so had to rub the skim on the wall using my hand...any advice on getting a nice crisp finish when using your hands not a trowel:numberone: even the pipe trowel couldnt get in there.....in the end wet brushed it all and rubbed it down with a little sponge, was the best thing I could think of:endesacuerdo:
What about waiting for it to turn then sponge & small tool?

Funny text :LOL:
AEF2CF5A-8AE5-4BD4-AA50-C18611156A86.png

If someone random texts you asking for a quote and puts a kiss at the end of the message.... don’t quote them... weirdos
Jess, that happens a lot, the cause of that is the person is used to texting a member of their family, and they are on auto. They realise after sending. I have had explanation many times and most apologise when I arrive to quote. :)

Jess, that happens a lot, the cause of that is the person is used to texting a member of their family, and they are on auto. They realise after sending. I have had explanation many times and most apologise when I arrive to quote. :)
I dunno, when a bloke texts me beginning “Hi hun” and ending in a kiss I’m not feeling it. I’ll send them your number! ;):D

Good little tip when skimming come in off ceiling/ internals/skirtings slightly on first stroke then go up to on flatten stroke so not to ski ramp or loose detail on cove or skirtings etc

In every room there's always walls areas that will get more critical light ie where day light runs across or walls with uplights/ down lights etc always try and catch them when the lights on them and spent that little more time on them.

Always give walls a good hard dry trowel when walls turning...

Learn how to 1 coat plasterboard trust me it can be done and can earn you a lot of money and save a lot of time and get extra sets in.

Always allow an extra day when saying to customers how long a job will take to give you a bit of breathing space.

Don't book jobs in front specific start date advise a w/c with a view to firming up few days before thus allowing time if hit any problems on jobs before or squeeze in a screamer that you'd otherwise loose.

Only skim dry PVA,

Bead up in between trowels,

Scrim as you go along boarding and stick couple of staples in if going to be a while before skimming.

Always allow for waste materials and round up when pricing...

Price in fuel...

Price in upkeep of tools and maintenance of vans...

Always start early...

Small quick gauged 3/4 easier than 2 big and produce more...

Never rush out of a job without being your own biggest critic...

No your limits...

And the biggest and most important learn how to blend flawlessly then there's never a ceiling or wall that you cant take on...

Stairs pull all top area off baton then pick rest up as a blend instead of up and down ladders...

Only pay yourself a minum wage and bank the rest to cover slow times...

Wear gloves my hands are fooked!!!

Could go on for ever but hey ho...
Good advice .couldnt agree more

Laugh all you want mate it's an extra £300-£400 a week by one coating and it must be to a decent standard because it gets signed off, every lad I know who can make money on site prices one coats/uses the same gear to lay down twice.