whats the best plastering tip/advice youve been giving

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
Old joiner told me when I first went self employed . You will be stressing if you have no work or stressing you got to much. Once you relised something will always come in you.ll love it . Took me ten years lol

very true that :D

Advice I have gave to my self today . If you not got any xtra time for a job and customer says should I remove wallpaper before or after you skim ceiling. Allways say after . Looks like walls need patching now .

Top tip.

Screenshot_2018-02-26-14-22-22-1.png

When finished always ask for a brush before you get yours out van . This is the test weather customer will say leave all that I.ll clean up

hahahahaha I have sooo done that... I always use to say "its had a man clean" and laugh.. you know as soon as you are in your van they will go clean it further anyway so made a joke of it :D

hahahahaha I have sooo done that... I always use to say "its had a man clean" and laugh.. you know as soon as you are in your van they will go clean it further anyway so made a joke of it :D

Stuff that nonsense, I put a price for a builders clean by a professional company as an optional extra. Then I make a point of asking if they want that, or just want me to chuck the cr4p in the skip and sweep up. Not once has anyone taken the option for the professional clean. :LOL: Although two customers have said "Oh our cleaner will do that anyway." o_O

Stuff that nonsense, I put a price for a builders clean by a professional company as an optional extra. Then I make a point of asking if they want that, or just want me to chuck the cr4p in the skip and sweep up. Not once has anyone taken the option for the professional clean. :LOL: Although two customers have said "Oh our cleaner will do that anyway." o_O

hahaha I like that :D

after a busy day onsite yesterday ..i filled up water buckets for todays shift.
all of them were frozen solid this morning except the one i pished in yesterday evening.

piss in yer water to stop it from freezing :numberone:

after a busy day onsite yesterday ..i filled up water buckets for todays shift.
all of them were frozen solid this morning except the one i pished in yesterday evening.

piss in yer water to stop it from freezing :numberone:

Alcohol doesn’t freeze, lash tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thought of another tip. Ask customer to put kettle on to De ice ye brushes . If they don' offer a brew at same time no little extra.s

plastic decorators scrapers from b and q £2.50 for a pack of 3 handy as f**k and much better than steel scraper/ filling knives

Cross trowel from your shoulder to your knee cause no one checks your work by stretching or bending lol
thats what my old man used to tell me.. said it the only part they touch and the polish up is just a bullshit trowel anyway :lol:

Not sure if this one has been said, I seen some about using magnets to find screws after skimming over them etc.

Use straws, chop em down and stick in the screw holes. Can skim straight over they just bend and no risk of chipping trowel, then just pull em out at the end

Not sure if this one has been said, I seen some about using magnets to find screws after skimming over them etc.

Use straws, chop em down and stick in the screw holes. Can skim straight over they just bend and no risk of chipping trowel, then just pull em out at the end

I like that :D

Old joiner told me when I first went self employed . You will be stressing if you have no work or stressing you got to much. Once you relised something will always come in you.ll love it . Took me ten years lol

Ive recently started to tell myself this. I still get stressed thou when i forget what i told myself:reloco:.

Ware gloves. Lightweight gloves size xl with some latex over the stop to keep hands dry. You must keep dry hands! Use a bright light. Split large areas up by running mesh across and pull out when skim is just about set. Don't make a mess so cover things up. Buy indasa yellow 50mm masking tape and 100m rolls of floor protector off ebay. Look after your van and kit but most of all look after yourself.

Was thinking today about a few tips pete has given me since I started out and also @zombies bonding in skim tip (which ive now used and was impressed) and was wondering if anyone else had any real good tips they were given that makes life a lot easier....i know its going to sound stupid but the course taught us to lay a ceiling on in waves starting from one wall and then moving back towards the opposite wall...pete showed me to just lay on all the way around the edge and then just fill around the light...only simple but I would have carried on doing it the way I was originally shown and that way is so much faster.
Buy hook on skim beads saves loadsa time

Was thinking today about a few tips pete has given me since I started out and also @zombies bonding in skim tip (which ive now used and was impressed) and was wondering if anyone else had any real good tips they were given that makes life a lot easier....i know its going to sound stupid but the course taught us to lay a ceiling on in waves starting from one wall and then moving back towards the opposite wall...pete showed me to just lay on all the way around the edge and then just fill around the light...only simple but I would have carried on doing it the way I was originally shown and that way is so much faster.
Well I'd say that Pete's way is f**k**g b*ll***s.
The best advice I've been giving is..................